Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419643 times)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Blockedlance - Grave of a Thousand Dwarves
« Reply #1035 on: September 23, 2009, 05:20:21 pm »

Hehe that is great! What a strange feeling to be at the same time glad and embarrassed for giving you such elements to build on. That said, I'm probably going to experience a whole array of strange feelings very soon anyway.

Also, that may be due to the fact i'm not a native english speaker, but i felt that it would sound better if Travolta was the 'Soviet Supreme', instead of regular 'Supreme Soviet'. But maybe that's just me, so do as you please.

Yeah English is backwards compared to most other European languages (or maybe most other languages period).

Like in Spanish, its 'El Pollo Loco'...but in English that translates to 'The Chicken Crazy', even though it MEANS 'The Crazy Chicken'.

Soviet Supreme sounds funny to me, probably the same way Supreme Soviet sounds funny to you, haha!

Buuuuuuttttt.....now that I think about it....Soviet means like a congress or union or council.  So Supreme Council would mean more than one person...Council-Member Supreme does sound more like a title for one person.  So that means then that the Stonecutters are the Supreme Soviet (the highest council) and it is headed by the Soviet Supreme (the council chairman).  Ill go with that.

Okay, Ive probably confused everyone now!  lol
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 23, 2009, 05:24:02 pm »

I really hope im not drinking magma now, due to all the water being turned into magma....at least i can smelt stuff now.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1037 on: September 23, 2009, 05:24:33 pm »

I would like to request another dwarf. Name him/her Curly and make him/her a freemason stonecutter.

Sure Ill add you in again...I probably wont get to play again till the weekend though.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1038 on: September 23, 2009, 05:26:14 pm »

I really hope im not drinking magma now, due to all the water being turned into magma....at least i can smelt stuff now.

Nah just the moat was made into lava, theres still an underground river and a water system.  Thats what youre drinking out of.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 23, 2009, 05:33:02 pm »

I'm not the only person who thought that a Soviet Supreme was a type of Russian Big Mac, am I?

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1040 on: September 23, 2009, 05:39:42 pm »

I'm not the only person who thought that a Soviet Supreme was a type of Russian Big Mac, am I?

A quarter pound of yak beef slathered in borscht.  You've never had a burger like this comrade!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 23, 2009, 05:43:48 pm »

And if you question us, you never will again!

That was the 40s of course. Things were different then.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 23, 2009, 10:25:33 pm »

Yeah English is backwards compared to most other European languages (or maybe most other languages period).

Like in Spanish, its 'El Pollo Loco'...but in English that translates to 'The Chicken Crazy', even though it MEANS 'The Crazy Chicken'.

It's important to make a distinction between Germanic and Romance Languages here.  In my experience, when most people are told to think of a European language, they think of Spanish, French, Italian, or some other romance language.  These languages have no problems with adjects behind nouns.  In my experience, however, Germanic languages all tend to agree with their red-headed cousin, English, when it comes to this.

Anyway, this is page 69?  It's 21 for me ;)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 23, 2009, 10:28:27 pm »

*sharpens axe, ready for Elves.*
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 23, 2009, 11:24:26 pm »

A quarter pound of yak beef slathered in borscht.  You've never had a burger like this comrade!

This is basically how my family makes borscht. A giant hunk of meat in the borscht, either beef or chicken (whatevers in the fridge) and its delicous.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1045 on: September 23, 2009, 11:40:59 pm »

Nothing beats Hobo Hash.
Nothing.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 24, 2009, 07:39:18 am »

Neat gin and steak sandwich, or possibly Theakston's Old Peculier and a big cheese sandwich with chutney.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Moose Fisher

• Bay Watcher
  • [DEBUG ERROR: THIS TEXT DOES NOT EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 27, 2009, 08:02:46 pm »

I've finished reading the epic saga of Blockedlance, and now I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

It's time for the Duchess to be stuck with 'inspiration' and name herself 'Moose' and talk in the third person!  ;D

"I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?"
-Elderly Hive Dweller

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1048 on: October 03, 2009, 01:45:06 am »

I've finished reading the epic saga of Blockedlance, and now I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

It's time for the Duchess to be stuck with 'inspiration' and name herself 'Moose' and talk in the third person!  ;D

Sorry...the Duchess is taken.  You can be one of her daughters if you want, though!  :)

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1049 on: October 03, 2009, 01:48:56 am »

A beautiful bearded duchlet named Moose.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 164