Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419697 times)

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - Grave of a Thousand Dwarves
« Reply #1170 on: October 18, 2009, 05:40:20 pm »

Does iron even melt in magma? I know steel doesn't... so you'd still have fps issues, you just wouldn't have as much clutter.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1171 on: October 18, 2009, 05:42:10 pm »

"...59 votes for me, 60 votes for me...and look here, 61, 62 and 63 votes for me!" laughed the Duke as he sat in the throne room with Urist counting up the ballots from the recent mayorall election.  No matter that there were only 57 dwarves living at Blockedlance.  All that mattered was that the Duke would reign as Soviet Supreme, and mayor of Blockedlance. 

Urist smiled and tipped her adamantine mug at him.  "Congratulations, dear!"

"Ahhh...complete control.  This is quite a feeling," he said.

"Yes.  Isn't it exhilerating?" asked the Queen with a fiendish grin.

"And addicting!" added Travolta with a laugh. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 06:33:25 pm by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1172 on: October 18, 2009, 05:43:01 pm »

Does iron even melt in magma? I know steel doesn't... so you'd still have fps issues, you just wouldn't have as much clutter.

The majority of the stuff out there is silk caps, leather leggings, narrow elf crap, and the like.

But yeah the iron would remain.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: October 18, 2009, 06:04:50 pm »

I like the image of "Piles of scrap iron taller than the palisade". Its a nice scope of Blockedlance's wealth.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1174 on: October 18, 2009, 06:45:40 pm »

Eberdek remained locked in the tower.  The plans that the Queen had for him had apparently stalled.  He had been here so long that the swelling had finally started to go down, and he was able to shuffle about with great effort.  Luckily, one eye hadn't burst.  He didn't have any testicles any more, and he urinated out of an open sore...but that was what he had been reduced to by the Queen.

A rage seethed in him so powerful that the parasitic consciousness of Grigrak was imprinted with the memory of Urist.  His hatred of the Dwarven Queen became a part of his very being. 

As Eberdek paced back and forth he managed to spot something out of the tiny window of his cell.  He hobbled over and peered out of the small crevice in the wall.  He saw creatures swooping in down onto the courtyard below.  They were demons!  Flying demons!  Eberdek counted four among their number.

"Oh thank the Gods!  Kill me!  Kill us all!" he shouted with gleeful anticipation.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 06:47:58 pm by MrGimp »

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: October 18, 2009, 06:59:55 pm »

I imagine you could designate a garbage area right next to the magma moat, then designate all the non-magma-proof junk for dumping, and as long as you have no other garbage zones designated, it'll all get chucked in eventually (especially if you have a few designated refuse haulers...). I mean, all you'd need to do would be to turn off refuse hauling for the dwarves who have other things to do, set your dedicated dumpers to work, and every season simply designate the new garbage. No further maintenance required.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1176 on: October 18, 2009, 08:08:05 pm »

Eh, that's a lot of work.  I'd rather just dump magma on it.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: October 18, 2009, 08:17:48 pm »

Theres probably enough blood and suffering, not to mention tortured souls, in Blockedlance to animate those piles of armor into horrendous killing machines powered by sheer rage. That eat fear. And shit terror.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1178 on: October 18, 2009, 08:21:27 pm »

Theres probably enough blood and suffering, not to mention tortured souls, in Blockedlance to animate those piles of armor into horrendous killing machines powered by sheer rage. That eat fear. And shit terror.
And are pretty damn good arm wrestlers. Better feel happy your elbows arent [SEVERONBREAKS]

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1179 on: October 18, 2009, 08:22:04 pm »

Lord Lego spotted the demons,  He and his men had been assigned to watch over the Stonecutters as they built the pyramid.  He blew a ram's horn to signal to Lord Dullard's squad down on the fields below to hurry to their location.

"Come men!" he yelled as he pulled his crossbow off of his shoulder and began running up the sides of the pyramid.

The demons swooped in, flying low to the ground and buzzing the marksdwarfs.  Lord Lego and his men fired, but the bolts bounced off the thick demon scales.

The demons flew up high over the fortress and began circling it ominously, screeching out their terrifying battle cries.  The peasants all ran inside.

Fil, however was ledged up.  He had been building fortifications along the base of the pyramid, and had committed a very dwarven mistake by boxing himself in upon the wall below.

There was nowhere to run.  "Why must I be destined to die, Gods?" he shouted at the sky.

Mercifully, the demons didnt attack in force.  They seemed more interested in making a show to scare the peasants.  Lord Dullard had arrived along the fortress walls by the time the demons dared to attack.  Two demons swooped in at first, and Lord Dullard and Randall charged first.  It was a battle amongst the windmills, and the dwarven charge was so ferocious as to immediately cripple one and scare of the other.  Randall came in and delivered the finishing blow with his axe, sending the demon flying into the palisade wall with such force that his body exploded into it's component pieces.  The demons bled black goo, and it poured from the walls.

I got it on video

The three remaining demons began circling the mountains above Blockedlance.  Eagle heard the commotion, and looked out.  After seeing demons, he ran back in and double bolted the doors.

A few nameless dwarves under the command of an axe lord named Morul were sent to the top of the mountain to battle the demons.

They killed two of them.  The fourth and final demon made a suicidal charge on Lord Dullard's men and was killed by Typoman.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 08:28:04 pm by MrGimp »

Moose Fisher

• Bay Watcher
  • [DEBUG ERROR: THIS TEXT DOES NOT EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: October 19, 2009, 04:26:48 pm »

...And there was much rejoicing.

This must have been a welcome change in pace in our dwarves's lives.  All the bloodshed and heavy labor can be quite boring. :D
"I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?"
-Elderly Hive Dweller

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: October 19, 2009, 04:45:21 pm »

yay!  :D
how are my stats coming along?

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1182 on: October 20, 2009, 03:11:49 am »

yay!  :D
how are my stats coming along?

Good.  Your dwarf was already badass before he was given the ancient dwarvish name of Typoman.  All the axelords in Blockedlance have a minimum of 40-60 notable kills.  Everyone is legendary in wrestling, axe lording, armor wearing, and shield using.

Any single dwarf can take on a squad of fire breathing elves and goblins combined.  The demons that just attacked Blockedlance had damblock of 30000, size 30000, and attack power of 30000.  Plus both fire attacks and a bunch of tag boosts.  The ungodly power of these dwarves cuts through them like butter.

Typoman

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Comes with the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: October 20, 2009, 03:21:55 am »

nice! can't wait for the next update :)
edit: typos >.>
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 07:01:55 am by Typoman »

Nordic dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: October 20, 2009, 03:23:40 am »

ive been lurking and reading this story,finished a few days ago, just wanted to say its pretty awesome so far.
This is a witty signature.all craftsmanship is of the highest quality.it menaces with spikes.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 164