Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419696 times)

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Blockedlance - Grave of a Thousand Dwarves
« Reply #1410 on: January 16, 2010, 01:13:04 am »

That.
Is.
AWESOME!!

I hope to add to that number as the Microline Monster!

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: January 16, 2010, 01:15:34 am »

That.
Is.
AWESOME!!

I hope to add to that number as the Microline Monster!
All you need to do is to warp yourself out of the Armok-then-isolation-and-then-oh-great-more-Armok hell and into the Blockedlance take on reality.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1412 on: January 16, 2010, 01:19:37 am »

Ahaa!
I've done it! I've figured it out!
If I summon a bridge, I can atom smash my way back to Blockedlance!

Beware, feebleminded dwarves!
I'M COMING BACK.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: January 16, 2010, 01:23:46 am »

AND I WILL PREPARE FOR YOU , AND I WILL . DESTROY . YOU! THEN I WILL YELL UNLESS ITS A FARM IN YOUR FACE!(meet the soldier , anyone?)

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1414 on: January 16, 2010, 02:21:51 am »

MrGimp, are you still having problems with companion?

Maybe I can help you to get it working.
It's something I do.  ;)
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1415 on: January 16, 2010, 12:03:44 pm »

MrGimp, are you still having problems with companion?

Maybe I can help you to get it working.
It's something I do.  ;)

Ironically enough I just got it working a few days ago.  I've toyed with it a bit.  I just seem to destroy things more.  Like how when I used Tweak it set the place on fire....well messing with DC has caused the Queen to go crazy and jump off the pyramid several times.

Suffice it to say I've been doing a lot of save scumming.   ;D
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1416 on: January 16, 2010, 02:08:55 pm »

Ok, glad to know it works now.  :)

Maybe revive tradan? I suggest you save before you do and then unpause for 5 mins at least after you do.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.

Khamero

• Bay Watcher
  • Bronzebeard - Master of arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: January 16, 2010, 07:33:50 pm »

Khamero still waiting to be part of the loyal stonecutters league?

Or did he sneak into the scroll of death when I wasent looking?
He could be a loyal marksdwarf as well... me own dad made me a pretty decent crossbow when I was a kid...  xD
But they seem to kind of die off pretty quickly...  =O
You might think that this is some sort of trap. That I’m using you as bait to lure in your friends. I’m not. I just enjoy torturing innocent, young girls.

I know it’s sick. But everyone needs a hobby.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1418 on: January 16, 2010, 08:30:04 pm »

Khamero still waiting to be part of the loyal stonecutters league?

Or did he sneak into the scroll of death when I wasent looking?
He could be a loyal marksdwarf as well... me own dad made me a pretty decent crossbow when I was a kid...  xD
But they seem to kind of die off pretty quickly...  =O

Yeah, a farmer was singled out by the priest and priestess and baptized with the ancient dwarvish name 'Khamero'.  He is now an initiate in the Stonecutter's Guild and toils all day on the pyramid.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1419 on: January 16, 2010, 08:43:45 pm »

Queen Urist sat on her platinum throne sipping sunshine and being fanned by a couple peasants.  A portal opened before her and Armok stepped through, leading a giant blue beast behind him with a chain.

"Greetings master!  What is this you have here?" asked Urist.

"Oh this is a beast of microcline."

"Beast of Microcline?"

"Yeah, they're found all throughout the eighth dimension.  I totally didnt take a dwarf, horribly mutate and lobotomize him, and then bring him back here to you like this," said Armok.

"Oh."  Urist looked at the beast.  "Well what're you going to do with it?"

"Well I was gonna give it to you, actually."

"Hmmm...yeah I could always use a beast to throw in the arena.  There were a few champions left over from that rebellion that I never sacrificed to you my lord.  I shall rectify that mistake immediately."  Urist snapped her fingers at her servants.  "Guards, bring me Ingish Tombfights, and that other dwarf with the red hat...Mario was his name?  Yeah the only one here besides the hammerer who uses a hammer.  Get that guy.  We'll see what these dwarves are made of..." cackled Urist.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1420 on: January 16, 2010, 08:46:40 pm »

*addictgamer is ecstatic*

Interesting.

Did you actually bring him back as something other than a dwarf? A bronze colossus?

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1421 on: January 16, 2010, 08:54:16 pm »

Urist's minions delivered her orders to Mario and Ingish Tombfights.  These dwarves had fought for the rebellion under Lord Akigagak back when he was a traitor.  Now Akigagak Citylancers, the Romantic Flayer was the greatest hero of Blockedlance.  All had been forgotten.  But not for Ingish and Mario...two dwarves that were far too lowly and humble to ever win the respect of Queen Urist.

As they were being led to the throne room, Grigrak's unconscious spirit drew near.  Though Grigrak was not in a state in which he could control his actions, his unconscious desires led him towards dwarves who hated Urist, dwarves who were rebellious and especially dwarves who were violent.  Ingish Tombfights fit that bill perfectly.  He had slaughtered many dozens of elves and goblins, and held within him a deep hatred of the Queen for her slaughtering of the children so many years ago.

Grigrak began melding with the dwarf.

Mario and Ingish stood before the Queen, and were shackled, arms and legs.  They were told of their fate; a fight to the death with a great beast.  Mario saw the chance for glory, but Ingish, who was now fully Grigrak, wanted only to bash the Queens brains in.  He lunged at her, though he was shackled.  The guards tackled him.  The Queen merely laughed.

"Make him fight first....and make sure they fight naked, and without a shield, like true dwarves!" laughed the Queen.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 09:06:20 pm by MrGimp »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1422 on: January 16, 2010, 09:03:03 pm »

Ingish Tombfights was a mighty old dwarf,
and a mighty old dwarf was he!

But stripped of his shield and armor and facing a creature he had never seen before, his body shook with fear.  A crowd banged on the glass of the dining hall as he readied himself for the gate to raise.

Grigrak knew that his only hope was to kill this beast, and then escape into the fortress and kill the Queen.  Then at least he could die in peace.  But defeating this beast would test all of his might.  The roaring coming from behind the steel gates to the beast pen shook the entire cave!

When the gates raised, he saw the blue stone beast roaring and beating it's chest.  It barely moved, making him make the first move.  Gathering his beard about him, Ingish Tombfights, the Laconic Griffon of Safety charged with all his strength and speed at the horrible microcline monster...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 11:28:42 pm by MrGimp »

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1423 on: January 16, 2010, 09:49:39 pm »

Waahahahaha!! Not even Grigrak can keep his spine together under my might! Let's see the italian try!

Also, I find it ironic how he was named "Spinmountains" and he's made of rock.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #1424 on: January 16, 2010, 10:43:51 pm »

Very interesting.

How did you make that beast?

lol

The updates are not as big as they used to be, but they are still masterpiece quality.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 164