Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Selling wood to elves / item properties  (Read 538 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Selling wood to elves / item properties
« on: December 14, 2008, 05:57:28 pm »

Is there a way of removing whatever tag causes an item to be recognised as wood? I've finally figured out the reaction I need to make lead crystal (it's just crystal glass, but the 'crystal' part is made by smelting galena and flux. I'm likely never to see the vanilla stuff, and there's really no reason for it to be rarer than adamantine), and poisonous goblets and toys would make great gifts for our sunberry-hogging forest friends.

Secondly, the reaction I'm using is an attempt to reproduce lead oxide, which is probably better represented in-game by a bar. It's a small thing really and would probably complicate the setup I have now (it occurs naturally in clusters as well as being a reaction product), but it would just be neat, and it would cut down on those 'chunks of litharge' goods I keep seeing in the embark screen.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.