Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781499 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

They don't. It's just a doppler effect.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

Got a brigade helm, not a BAD hat, but not my favourite.

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got a brigade helm, not a BAD hat, but not my favourite.

So close, yet so far here. Almost got enough metal to try for the Billycock. Watch the game give me the wig or the fedora instead. Stupid game.  >:(

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

Don't get the billycock, get the fedora or wig, wait out for the Modest pile, it's a much better model.

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't get the billycock, get the fedora or wig, wait out for the Modest pile, it's a much better model.

Yeah, but the color is terrible.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Right, so I have enough metal and items to craft any craftable item in the game. What should I get?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

Just get random hats.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile

Ok I've been thinking about this and either the Backburner has received a slight debuff or else it's description is wrong. It states that the Backburner deals +20% damage. But I was under the impression originally both guns had their damage reduced by 20% and then the Backburner was returned to it's original damage. So either the Backburner now does 4% less damage or else it's description should read +25%.

Spoiler: The mathsy stuff (click to show/hide)
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok I've been thinking about this and either the Backburner has received a slight debuff or else it's description is wrong. It states that the Backburner deals +20% damage. But I was under the impression originally both guns had their damage reduced by 20% and then the Backburner was returned to it's original damage. So either the Backburner now does 4% less damage or else it's description should read +25%.

Yep, the Steam forums have already declared that Valve fail at math forever.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

I realized this while I was trying to sleep last night.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

Percentages in games are almost ALWAYS intended to be percenTILES, which are additive rather than multiplicative.  I know Diablo kinda-sorta spells it out, but tabletop RPGs have to be crystal clear; they usually say in the first couple pages that if you add a x2 effect onto a x2 effect, you get a x3 effect.

Of course shootemups or anything else with a score tends to be percentage, not percentile, but that's not really a game balance thing.

Multiplying percentages is madness to balance.  Adding percentiles is much harder to screw up.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Percentages in games are almost ALWAYS intended to be percenTILES, which are additive rather than multiplicative.  I know Diablo kinda-sorta spells it out, but tabletop RPGs have to be crystal clear; they usually say in the first couple pages that if you add a x2 effect onto a x2 effect, you get a x3 effect.

Of course shootemups or anything else with a score tends to be percentage, not percentile, but that's not really a game balance thing.

Multiplying percentages is madness to balance.  Adding percentiles is much harder to screw up.

I'd agree, if it wasn't the base damage they had modified.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

You know what? I take back all praise about the update. Valve ruined the pyro.

I can understand discouraging the W+M1 playstyle, but the pyro was made to be the king of close quarters combat. This is the only area his primary weapon can operate. The classes primary weapon should be just that: Their primary way of killing. When you have the choice of a main weapon that cannot kill the class your class is a counter to in the optimal range it was designed for, or a weapon with a higher DPS and the ability to fire at a range, you take the secondary.

Pyros, your shotguns are better than your flamethrowers now. Everybody switch to Backburner.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

You know what? I take back all praise about the update. Valve ruined the pyro.

I can understand discouraging the W+M1 playstyle, but the pyro was made to be the king of close quarters combat. This is the only area his primary weapon can operate. The classes primary weapon should be just that: Their primary way of killing. When you have the choice of a main weapon that cannot kill the class your class is a counter to in the optimal range it was designed for, or a weapon with a higher DPS and the ability to fire at a range, you take the secondary.

Pyros, your shotguns are better than your flamethrowers now. Everybody switch to Backburner.

Something about that video seems fishy to me. Something about the way the health drains away at a steady rate, then just holds at one while he gets his dead ringer out. I don't really use the dead ringer though, maybe thats normal and I'm just overly cynical. If its true then yes, it's very lame.

Also how come his disguise menu has 1 under the soldier, 2 under heavy, and 3 under sniper? Is there some mod you can use to switch the keys around for the disguises? If so that's pretty usefull and I want it. :P

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Yeah, that seems sorta off. Pyros do not go down in three shots from the pistol unless all three of them are headshots. I could be wrong though, I always use the ambassador.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 774