Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781468 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

I know there is an alternate spy menu where you only need to use three buttons, so that is alright. And I don't really have the tools to verify this video. However, From what I assume is relatively accurate assessments of the damage values and DPS, there does appear to be something fishy about the flamethrower now.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile

Seems very fake. That pyro must have been damaged beforehand. The shots dealt 58+58+58 damage. This equals 174. Pyros have 175 HP.

Still pretty broken, I'll admit, but the pyro WOULD win that fight (albeight, very, very, severly wounded). Unless I'm missing something, which I probably am.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 12:34:59 pm by Myroc »
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, I was wondering what the text about "Crit-a-Cola" was in the update notes. Apparently it's another new weapon:o

It's an alternative soda that makes the scout deal mini-crits for 6 seconds but also take mini-crit damage from everything else in that time. Interesting, I wish I had one to test.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I saw that, kind-of a stealth update.

I like the idea, but I'll always forget to use it.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile

If you could coordinate it, an ambush uber+critcola would be pretty devastating.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

The pyro is dead. Long live the heavy.

:'(

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Goddamn the pyro's regular flamethrower is weak. I still don't understand why they nerfed it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Goddamn the pyro's regular flamethrower is weak. I still don't understand why they nerfed it.

You are too good for them Sir Umiman!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

You are too good for them Sir Umiman!
Screw good. I can't even defeat you half the time. xD

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Currently in the process of sorting out the servers sourcemod.

Also, pyro's main weapon sucks anus now.

Edit: decided it would be faster to reinstall it instead; can people suggest some _good_ sourcemod plugins to install?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 04:26:01 pm by Nilocy »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Natascha does ok... It helps if your enemies are standing still.

But the pyro... Really, I'm taking time with killing spies. SPIES!?! I want to run past a spy and kill him while not even having to slow down! What's all this "no you have to take along time to kill it"? Also, I just typed "past a spy" and pastaspy is funny to say ten time in a row, for no reason other than that it's funny.

[/rant]

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

I think Valve has definite math problems.

Remember the Direct Hit that dealt +50% damage when it said it dealt +25% damage when it was first released?

Does it seem to anyone else that Natascha does WAY LESS than 25% less damage than the normal minigun?

I like Valve, but their numbers tend not to add up, it seems.
I think the Natascha does half damage? I normally see 10 damage per hit with Sasha but with Natascha it's about 5. When Natascha has crits, it's almost unnoticable. Still excellent against fast movers though and I don't really have a problem with it.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

I thought they fixed Natasha's damage problem?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

[rant]

Yesterday me playing pyro was downright useless.  I start burning stuff and they refuse to die.  My flamethrower is sitting on a target for a good 2 seconds and it does nothing but get their attention.  So they can turn around and shoot me.  I even tried ambushing folks like I used to back when I used the backburner, nothing. I can maybe axestinguish one of them to death.  Used to be a good ambush could take out 3 or 4 guys, or failing that do significant damage.  You should have to be aware when going around corners.  Now a pyro in ideal circumstances can't compete with anything.

It doesn't feel like they nerfed the flamer by 25%  It feels more like they nerfed the flamer DOWN TO 25%.  Successfully circle strafe a heavy for 2 whole revolutions before he finally gets me, flamer on him the whole time, before that was plenty to kill a lone heavy, now it takes them down to about 50% health if that.  I'm actually thinking somebody at valve messed something up inputting numbers, that's really does not feel like a 25% nerf.

The pyro has gone from being a decent class that could only effectively get a few kills in close range to a class that MIGHT kill a medic or spy at close range.  And even a spy has a good chance of magically warping behind you and backstabbing you unless you have a ping of less than 30.

[/rant]

It seems like now if you want to accomplish anything with a pyro you are forced to use the damn backburner.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

The limited edition TF2 figurines are ready for preorder.

And they are $200 a pop...
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 774