Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781169 times)

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why nerf pyros when soldiers can basically just run around flogging people to death with their hyper-erect genitalia?

... wut?
To clarify, I play on a 24/7 TwoFort server, and I like sniping from the battlements. But nothing is more obnoxious than a soldier herp derp rocket jumping into the air, killing you in one shot before you can so much as move, then equalizing back to his base just to do it again.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

Why nerf pyros when soldiers can basically just run around flogging people to death with their hyper-erect genitalia?

... wut?
To clarify, I play on a 24/7 TwoFort server, and I like sniping from the battlements. But nothing is more obnoxious than a soldier herp derp rocket jumping into the air, killing you in one shot before you can so much as move, then equalizing back to his base just to do it again.

Ahh, well I can see where you're coming from...

But I also play on a few 24/7 2fort servers, and I play heavy, and nothing is more obnoxious than a sniper sitting up in the battlements killing me in one shot as I walk out the base entrance and then running back into spawn to resupply just to do it again. It's all swings and roundabouts. :P

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

To clarify, I don't play 2fort. Ever.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, but put that sniper on the ground level and he will be about as good as killing enemies as a teleporter entrance. Put that SOLDIER on ground level and he crockets your face apart.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

Yes, but put that sniper on the ground level and he will be about as good as killing enemies as a teleporter entrance. Put that SOLDIER on ground level and he crockets your face apart.

I disagree there, I've seen a lot of snipers set up in the entrance on the lower floor, or in the sewers underneath and do well. Then there's the huntsman, which makes the sniper able to help the team push forward too provided they have a buffer between them and the enemy. (I'm certainly no good at it, but I've seen it done)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

IMO, and I liked to play both classes before, the Pyro is now underpowered and the Heavy is too mobile. Slowing down the pyro (did they actually do that?) would be ridiculous. I think they've underestimated the advantages gained/lost with speed, especially with short range weapons.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

It is almost impossible to overestimate those advantages. 

EDIT(▼): Yeah it was sarcasm, he says so.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 02:44:18 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure they didn't actually change the pyro speed...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

New update. Medigun now only overheals to 115%. Medigun now heals 15% slower. Ubers now last six seconds for both the crits and uber. The syringe gun now does 20% more damage and fires 20% faster. The Blutsauger now gives +6 health with each syringe.

This change is meant to encourage more skill in the medic. With more difficult charge times and smaller ubers medics are encouraged to save their ubers for the very last second. We boosted the weapons of the medic to help balance this change and help keep them alive.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile

Good point: Battle Medic strategy more viable.

Bad point: Normal Medic less useful, Battle Medic Strategy more viable.

I get the uber time reduction, but why the reduction in healing rate? Why not the time it takes to build up an uber instead?

I'm REALLY bad at detecting sarcasm.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 03:19:03 pm by Myroc »
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

New update. Medigun now only overheals to 115%. Medigun now heals 15% slower. Ubers now last six seconds for both the crits and uber. The syringe gun now does 20% more damage and fires 20% faster. The Blutsauger now gives +6 health with each syringe.

This change is meant to encourage more skill in the medic. With more difficult charge times and smaller ubers medics are encouraged to save their ubers for the very last second. We boosted the weapons of the medic to help balance this change and help keep them alive.
Okay, this one is on the Flame Train. They're basically encouraging medics not to help their team as much.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

At least check the blog first next time, guys.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Just continuing my crusade on the Pyro update by showing what this update would be like for any other class.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heavy Update:
Removed all guns, foods, and fists from the heavy. He now moves 200% faster.

This update is to encourage heavies to use their sheer girth to push enemies off of high points in order to kill them with cumulative fall damage.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

Spies Cloak has been replaced with a partial-cloaking device, and the knife now does crits on a backstab, instead of instant kills.

The revolver does double damage, but fires 50% slower, and is half as accurate. The sapper is now thrown instead of placed, and does not damage the sentry and buildings, but simply disables them for five seconds.

The changes allow the spy to make tactical choices more efficiently, the cloak no longer completely protects you, and you must use it while the enemy is distracted, the sapper and revolver buffs now allow the spy to use both items in tandem to take down buildings, the new knife mechanic was added due to players complaining the knife was overpowered compared to other melee weapons, and forces spies to ensure that their target is truly distracted before going in for the kill.

The disguise kit was buffed to allow 10% damage reduction, at the cost of only allowing disguises in the Demo, Soldier, Spy, Pyro and scout varieties, they are also only seen to wield their respective melee weapons. This forces spies to think more appropriately to the situation, and stops them from being to use their disguises to fool players too easily, while the damage reduction causes them to be more survivable from spychecking.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 774