Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781696 times)

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where did you put them?

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

steam -> addons -> tf and then in the models and materials sections like it said.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist

I think they are supposed to go under the steam/steamapps/<username>/Team Fortess 2/tf/<somthing>
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It ends at tf, but he's right.

steam/steamapps/<username>/Team Fortess 2/tf

Load them up into there.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist

I was on my brothers iTouch, so I was going by memory :)
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I put em there. The hats- in the same folders- show up. Just not the weapons :/

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you replace thigns when it asked you to?

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah. Besides, there was nothing to replace but empty folders with the same names.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

The new weapons have special craft recipes already.

Jarate and Axetinguisher for the Demo's axe, I think the ingredients were, and Dead Ringer and the Huntsman for the sniper's Shiv.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The new weapons have special craft recipes already.

Jarate and Axetinguisher for the Demo's axe, I think the ingredients were, and Dead Ringer and the Huntsman for the sniper's Shiv.

Oh nice, I gots me a new shiv! :D

Two questions: If you swap hats in the fancy/nasty update, will others be able to see your new model or is it only people with it themselves? Or just you?

Still no new weapon models. Everything's where it should be. System restart does nothing.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

The demo's axe does seem like the most useless thing ever--the only real fundamental improvement is that it can two-hit an engineer instead of taking three hits.

Bandages:  Only you can see the replacement--and you see it replaced on other people, too, if they use the hat you replaced.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The demo's axe does seem like the most useless thing ever--the only real fundamental improvement is that it can two-hit an engineer instead of taking three hits.

Bandages:  Only you can see the replacement--and you see it replaced on other people, too, if they use the hat you replaced.

It's a secret to me, then. Funsies.

Also, the demo's axe is beyond worthless. Even targechargin' it, a sword with a crit is still enough to end most characters.. and the 20% slow is just... why?

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile

It looks flippin awesome though, so I may end up using it(like I did with the Homewrecker).

I find it somewhat puzzling the its the demo that gets a new weapon melee weapon three updates in a row.

I wonder if there are crafting recipes for the new items yet?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 02:53:57 am by Toady Two »

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: 2nd Community Update.
« Reply #3133 on: May 21, 2010, 02:53:14 am »

Also, the demo's axe is beyond worthless. Even targechargin' it, a sword with a crit is still enough to end most characters.. and the 20% slow is just... why?
But it looks so cool! Like most of the things in the update. What beats me is why doesn't Valve list these community updates as "Major Updates", as they are bigger than the 119th update.

One thing about this avalanche of hats that slightly bugs me is that there's a good chance you'll never get even one of a given update. I can't see no harm of Valve giving a random hat to everyone that has say, less than three non-event related hats. Idlers don't benefit and other people are happier. Though I guess newbies aren't meant have hats or something.

EDIT: Oh yeah, point on the "monocle makes pyro a guy"-thing. If you look at the model when it's on, you'll notice the monocle, beard and 'stache are all tacked on with tape. So it just might be a devious plan of the Pyro to conceal his true identity.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 03:52:37 am by LASD »

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wonder if there are crafting recipes for the new items yet?

Huntsman + Deadringer = Tribalman Shiv
Jarate + Axtinguisher = Scotsman's Skullcrusher

I need a Deadringer so baaaad. I want that shiv. Want it so bad.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 774