Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781417 times)

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel

Everyone saw the preview video, right?
Did you see that dispenser-looking thing with the satellite dish on it?

My theory is that will be revealed as the Engineer's ingenious invention that allows Mann Co. weapons to be moved great distances to people who also have them.

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My theory is that will be revealed as the Engineer's ingenious invention that allows Mann Co. weapons to be moved great distances to people who also have them.

Or it could just be this: http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3539&p=1

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

retrofitted into becoming what Tradanbattlan described.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

retrofitted into becoming what Tradanbattlan described.

That's a lot of faith in Valve doing things in a timely manner/at all. I'd say, Engineer Update hits and then three months later trading appears.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I was having a discussion with Umi about ideas for the contest, and I think I may do a "Pyro is Fucking Nuts" pack. 2 hats. 1 weapon.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

So I was having a discussion with Umi about ideas for the contest, and I think I may do a "Pyro is Fucking Nuts" pack. 2 hats. 1 weapon.
Fire Extinguisher as a replacement for a melee weapon.
Deals damage with M1, and extinguishes team-mates with M2.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fire Extinguisher as a replacement for a melee weapon.
Deals damage with M1, and extinguishes team-mates with M2.
1) I saw someone's already doing a Fire Extinguisher as part of a Fire Safety theme.
2) It's not up to contributors what Valve does with Contributions. They can make suggestions, but Valve doesn't have to listen at all. If you were to include new functions (something that's not supposed to be part of the contest), you'd probably have to make your own animations, as I highly doubt Valve would want to make animations for people.

Right now I'm thinking of my theme being about the Pyro "borrowing" (because borrowing can refer to legit being given things or stealing them, borrowing without asking (my original idea was to have the Pyro be stealing things from the Engy, but Umiman made a good argument for the Pyro to have the Engy give him/her things. So I'm trying to mix the two, and have it vague as to whether the Pyro stole things or was given things by the Engy and have it be vague like the Pyro's gender)) things from the Engy. Don't have a name or phrase for it yet though.

[EDIT:] Agh! Damn it! Stuff for the contest has to be 100% original, meaning no Valve models at all. I'm still going to make my Sentry-headed Flamethrower, I'll just probably put it off.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 03:19:56 pm by Zai »

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

New update-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Main change is adding community made kill icons to the community weapons, as well as a few other minor changes and map alterations.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel

300MB for all that?
Wahaha.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

300MB for all that?
Wahaha.

You have to redownload two maps and several huge images, among other things. The common theory is there's also parts of the Engineer Update, but I don't buy that one so much. Maps really are that big.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Nope. He failed to mention there was a source-engine update as well.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile

The new death notices.

Pay careful attention to the new sentry in the bottom, and the new unknown headshot icon.

Edit: According to the steam forums that unknown headshot has been there since around the WAR update.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 07:48:49 pm by Eduren »
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

I believe the game's size does not actually increase by 300 Mb. That number is the total amount changed, both new and old content is counted, so a lot of that is probably minor rewrites of code.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

The source engine is somewhat around 230mb. Steam doesn't patch, it simply downloads the entire new file. Ie, maybe the engine changed by 50kb, instead of patching, it downloads the new 230mb file.

Maps are anywhere from 5mb to 50mb (and more), most commonly around 20-30mb.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

OH MY GAWD.
So, I was playing Randomizer Arena when this:

Player [DFC]LASD has joined.

I do a double take. What?
Then I am all like, LASD!, and he is all like ORG!.
And yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 774