Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781260 times)

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile

New weapon: The Wrangler and a new map it seems.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile

Am I the only one who thinks the Wranglers going to have to be nerfed eventually?

If you get two engineers working together, one keeping the sentry stocked up, the other controlling it, seems like a very very very powerful defense.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am I the only one who thinks the Wranglers going to have to be nerfed eventually?

If you get two engineers working together, one keeping the sentry stocked up, the other controlling it, seems like a very very very powerful defense.
True, But the disadvantages of using the wrangler alone really make up for it.

Also, spys, immobile engineer target...
Yeah.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile

I'll put money on it being nerfed.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Where are mah sentries?! D:

If this engie update doesn't have a full new set of build-ables, I'm gonna be mad. D:

Nothing a single demo can't take care of.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New map looks... interesting?

But enough push the cart maps already :(

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

I for one like the idea for a thrown teleporter. Stick that baby up someplace out of the way and give your heavies a lift and pyros a bost.

I also expect a Crit-o-Spenser, since that just plain makes sense.

I must say, I never thought Valve would take the remote control idea seriously. It sounds like it might be fun, esepecially since I don't use the pistol much as an engie... though it does have it's uses.

Bandages: STOP WHINING AND PUSH LITTLE CART, BABY-MAN.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Nothing a single demo can't take care of.
Not to mention blowing up the engineer means the sentry is harmless for three seconds. Although I wonder: If a demo lays three stickies on the ground within range of both an engineer using it and the sentry it is being used on, will the explosion deal full damage to the sentry because the engineer blew up or will it deal reduced damage because of the shield on the sentry before the engineer dies? Hopefully Valve has a system in place to deal with this.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Bombs explode in sequence even tho you may not notice it. If the first 2 bombs kill the engie, the 3rd will do full damage to sentry.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New map looks... interesting?

But enough push the cart maps already :(

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a few good Payload maps. The basic concept is solid: it gives the offensive team something to rally around, making it more likely that the average ADD player will cooperate, even accidentally, with his team.

The problem has always been, Payload maps act just like control point maps. Push the cart, entirely uncontested, until you reach the chokepoint where the defense is set up. Then, ignore the cart until the defenders have been cleared out of the area, and resume pushing. It's hardly different from a standard CP map, except you get a time extension and a forward spawn when you cap a CP, but pushing the cart through a challenging stronghold doesn't grant you any real advantages until you reach an (arbitrarily-positioned) checkpoint.

I'm hoping this map solves that problem. Maybe more vertical space will let creative Demos and Soldiers break Engie camps. Or something. I can only hope.  :-\

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Engineer Update Day 2: The Wrangler and pl_upward!
« Reply #3970 on: July 06, 2010, 11:37:12 pm »

Yay, More payload! Badwater is my favourite map. Also, Wrangler is interesting and will make the initial engi rushing/spamming hilarious.

Hmm, basing on the achievements, especially "Six-String Stinger" the melee unlock will be a guitar, which should be fun.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: July 06, 2010, 11:39:54 pm »

I still want build-able unlocks... Otherwise I want my money back! Paid in Australium!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: July 06, 2010, 11:46:38 pm »

Hmm, basing on the achievements, especially "Six-String Stinger" the melee unlock will be a guitar, which should be fun.
I'm going to guess its a new taunt (deadly or otherwise).

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: July 07, 2010, 12:02:49 am »

I still want build-able unlocks...
It's looking like we're not getting any, judging (as LASD said) by the achievements. Which is sad, because that's what I was mainly interested in as well.

HOWEVER, there's a possibility that we will get a building replacement out of the Polycount Pack contest.

As Eduren said, I think the guitar is a taunt, though where he would pull the guitar from I have no idea. How would you go about upgrading anything with a Guitar? You play your guitar for it and the sheer power of your music makes it improve? But then how would Metal come into use?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: July 07, 2010, 12:04:09 am »

Yeah he seems more like a country kind of dude, hur hur.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 774