Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781870 times)

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Engineer Update OUT!: Gunslinger and Thunder Mountain.
« Reply #4290 on: July 11, 2010, 08:16:46 am »

Whenever I hear people talk about hats in tf2 I wonder what the effin eff is up with them. I mean naxza for instance.
I spent hours with this guy playing Neverwinter Nights, and I'd estimate he's a nice and intelligent person.

And then he lowers himself to talking about tf2 hats.

It's now more important than ever to know THIS. Dont give in, folks!

Whats wrong with people talking about hats? It's part of TF2, and is pretty much the only way you can customise your characters apperance in-game.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: July 11, 2010, 08:48:22 am »

Have you ever facepalmed over a bunch of girls talking about their shoe collection?

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: July 11, 2010, 08:56:15 am »

Well, I'm also all for finishing our little campaign, but I'd rather wait til autumn/winter strikes. You know, I try to squeeze every little bit of life out of the summer months. That reminds me, I need to get drunk and get laid at least 5 times today, and it's already 4pm. I'm on a freaking tight schedule here!

On a more serious note, I'm gonna PM you my mail adress, which I frequently use.

Oh, and, just to be sure so nobody misses it:
Friends don't let friends think about hats.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 09:00:44 am by Puck »

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4293 on: July 11, 2010, 11:35:56 am »

Also it has 50 more health and double damage over the mini.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Actually the mini-sentry does 75% of the damage of the level 1- it shoots 50% faster, which also means it runs out of ammo faster.

I haven't got the gunslinger myself yet, it's the only engineer weapon I'm missing, but when I have I will probably be mostly using it since it looks cool and has effects I like. Though in order for it to be really useful moving sentries needs to be weakened- having the movement speed decrease scale to the metal in the sentry (so you don't get people carrying around 175/200 metal sentries), not having it start at full health and non-instant pickup, all for regular sentries only, will probably fix it. Though we just have to see what happens.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: July 11, 2010, 12:56:11 pm »

Sure are a lot of really bad engineers. While I enjoy being constantly at the top of the scoreboard right now, something which just should not happen, please fellow engies... follow some basic tenets:
1. In a capture the point map... please don't build your stuff on the last point unless the enemy can actually take that point. Help your team out in the front lines.
2. Please build teleporters. They will save your team and it gives you points. HOWEVER, if you feel the desire to put a teleporter that only goes to your camping ground that's only useful for yourself, please don't put that teleporter right outside the spawn. It'll confuse your team and make people hate you.
3. Please help your other engineers build stuff. The old caveats are still true. A level 3 sentry is more powerful than two level 2s, it's better to have one thing completed than two things half completed, etc.  Everyone will appreciate you more for helping out and the other engies will return the favour.

And lastly,

4. There's no need to stay at your base wrenching away, especially if you're not being attacked and ESPECIALLY if there are no enemy spies. Please feel free to run around shooting lesser men with your other guns.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: July 11, 2010, 03:30:25 pm »

People at NGC got a bit more used to wranglers now, we've been taking them out with a certain ease. It requires more team work however. The best method I was was an uber heavy/demo on the front as shield and then a kritz demo/soldier behind killing the engies like mad.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Well, the interestng thing about the wranglers is, is that the engineer needs line of sight to actually shoot at you. So if you have a Sniper who is good on the uptake, then its easy people to kill zem.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

Not to mention the fact that they usually don't move much, tauntkills are fun.

Speaking of which, and Richard can vouch for it, i got five tauntkills last night.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

I can't play. Still.  :-\

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

Some more stuff for engies from my observations since the update:
  • Use the Combat Mini-Sentries for Offense, not Defense. If you're playing defensively, use a regular, level-3 Sentry. It works so much better than a Mini-Sentry.
  • Try and balance out the number of Wrangler-ing and regular sentries. If you only have Wrangler sentries on your team, then good and/or lucky enemy players can just walk past distracted Wrangler sentries.
  • The classic Engy advice of not putting Sentries too close together still holds true, lest a single Spy or Uber take all the Sentries out at once. There seem to be far too many people not following that and clumping their Sentries together. And if someone else stupidly places their Sentry next to yours and refuses to change their positioning, be the better team-player and just move your own.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Unless somebody places a mini-sentry in front of a level 3 sentry. It's just too cute to tear apart.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile

I'm still sad tha they fixed the mini level 3 sentry bug.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile

4. There's no need to stay at your base wrenching away, especially if you're not being attacked and ESPECIALLY if there are no enemy spies. Please feel free to run around shooting lesser men with your other guns.

Mandatory Nerf NOW!! post:
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

It's surprisingly easy to take your Sentry with you when you Wrangler-jump. You just have to do the standard rocket Wrangler-jump right next to your sentry, facing your sentry, and right after you press the Right Mouse Button (RMB), switch to another weapon and immediately press RMB again so that you pick up your Sentry, then move yourself in the direction you want to go. Voila! You Wrangler-jumped and took your Sentry with you! It's incredibly fun to Wrangler-jump on Nucleus with your Sentry up onto those high roofs.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 774