Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 782001 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

You can kill most classes without charging your scope, no reason to zoom in. Just hit the heads.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can kill most classes without charging your scope, no reason to zoom in. Just hit the heads.

True. IIRC, a no-charge headshot deals 150 damage - that's an instakill on Snipers, Engineers (with or without the Gunslinger), Spies, Scouts, Medics, and Eyelander Demos. (Of course, it won't kill anybody with an overheal...)

Charging is needed for other targets, especially overhealed Heavies (who can survive anything short of a fully-charged HS). It's also invaluable against lighter classes, since a fully-charged bodyshot will deal >125 damage. Semi-useful against Snipers, and an absolute lifesaver against those freakin' Scouts.  ;)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

I normally only charge it if I had to do a corner-body-shot on a sniper.

Otherwise, I don't charge it. Even for heavies. A half dead heavy is better than a full health heavy. Unless... you know... said heavy is the only thing in my sight right now.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Yeah, you go ahead and use your damn annoying snap-shots, I'll just keep double-charging mine.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Only one thing more annoying than sniper snap shots (Damn you Everman. I play against him often and he's the kind of sniper that -always- gets headshots. Like... Turnaround-headshot kind) are huntsman snap shots.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile

Graaah, some medics are just so stupid! Few seconds left in hoodo my sentry had just been destroyed and I had racked up 27 revenge shots, medic is stood next to me I tell him to uber me so I can go to town. Instead he ubers the heavy next to me and lets me die from pyro afterburn. Didn't even give me the split second of uber it would take to extinguish me.

Also the following needs to happen before valve update and prevent it, a screen shot of 1 level 3 sentry with 3 mini level 3s "following" it like little ducklings.

Pm me if you want to make this happen.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 07:40:42 pm by Jreengus »
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

Also the following needs to happen before valve update and prevent it, a screen shot of 1 level 3 sentry with 3 mini level 3s "following" it like little ducklings.
How the hell do you do that?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

I thought that was fixed on the very same day.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile

With the wrench equipped get out the pda and select sentry, don't place it or switch weapon though. Next equip the gunslinger and walk over to a resupply cabinet so that you switch, place the sentry now, upgrade it to level 3 then move it. Once you move it it should turn into a mini sentry which upgrades itself to mini T2 then a mini T3.

Nah the fix was very half assed. They just made it delete any existing sentries when you switch weapon. They didn't fix whatever makes mini level 3s exist.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Someguyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only one thing more annoying than sniper snap shots (Damn you Everman. I play against him often and he's the kind of sniper that -always- gets headshots. Like... Turnaround-headshot kind) are huntsman snap shots.

Bah, Fragga is so much better than bloodsire.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

I think Everman is better than both of those. Come play in the NGC server some time. He's in there often.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

I want to complain about Benzene.

He just Banned me from the server for no discernable reason, this is the second time he has done something like this, the first time was a kick, both times, he attempted to do it stealthily, i'm assuming so i wouldnt know who did it.

He seems to have some sort of grudge against me, and i really don't think it's very fair to let him continue doing this.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

Duke just showed me an awesome time with some awesome people over on some servers.  They mic spammed and generally admin abused but it was all cool because it was just full of injokes.  And nobody was serious. So much lulz was had.  Like a 5 minute long setup.  Hint: there were some teleporters, and an exit outside of a gate. We capped a point.  During setup.  Much lulz was had.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 12:01:00 am by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to complain about Benzene.

He just Banned me from the server for no discernable reason, this is the second time he has done something like this, the first time was a kick, both times, he attempted to do it stealthily, i'm assuming so i wouldnt know who did it.

He seems to have some sort of grudge against me, and i really don't think it's very fair to let him continue doing this.

Trace his IP, hack his ISP, and put out a hit.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

I'd rather go through the proper channels first.
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 774