Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781394 times)

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile

I can't wait to slap people around with the scout's mackerel. It's got jigglebones!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccf7FPqxlkI
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Oh yea, big numbers.  Getting a loss of between 10 and 40 sporatically, sometimes going down to 0 for short periods at which time it seems to work.  Choke is about 30ish.

I imagine loss is packetloss.  But I'm not sure what choke is, never heard of it.  I must have been playing DF on my laptop during Netplus class when the professor talked about it.
That's your problem there. Choke means the server is sending a certain datarate and your client is accepting less than that. Put "rate 60000" in your TF2's autoexec.cfg, that should help. As for the packet loss, it's your internet or routers between you and the server's fault.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

Scout: Fuck scouts and the fuckers who play them. >:(
I laughed because it had nothing do with the pack itself, which is the only Scout pack I saw that I liked.

Sniper: The dartgun concerns me, because it'll likely end up like a scoped sandman, making snipers even more obnoxious than they already are. >:( Rest is unimpressive.
I highly doubt that will happen. I'm just expecting slowdown, a la Natascha, which would probably make the Sniper more of a team player (as I don't think the Sniper himself would be able to take advantage of people being slowed down), like Jarate.

But speaking of the Sandman, it could really use a buff. That last time they nerfed it seemed like it came out of the blue to me. Now it seems pretty useless.

[PPE:] Yeah, Naxza, but at least we get a knife replacement with this. And what would a Sapper replacement do anyway, aside from be a change aesthetically?

Unless it had wheels. Then it could be like the Sapper in Meet the Spy and be thrown across the ground onto buildings, and just have a recharge timer or something before you could throw another one.... Somebody with modeling talent. MAKE IT AND CONTRIBUTE IT.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

But speaking of the Sandman, it could really use a buff. That last time they nerfed it seemed like it came out of the blue to me. Now it seems pretty useless.
Yeah, I tried playing with it recently, and it's just not fun. I can live with the humiliation effect, but at the range I can actually hit often it simply doesn't last long enough.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile

Pick a single Team Fortress 2 class and create a minimum of three custom items for them. These items can be made up of any combination of weapons (melee, primary, secondary), Engineer buildings and/or hats. These items must be cohesively themed and fit within the Team Fortress 2 universe and time period. Make sure your replacement item set maintains the existing functionality of the original items they’re replacing, specifically any Primary, Secondary or Melee weapons you replace in your set. Valve will be selecting the top entries to make it into the Team Fortress 2 Polycount Pack and the winners will be announced 2 weeks after the contest end date, on July 12th, 2010.

Leads me to believe that they will exactly the same as the items they replace. Thus the fact that they are all similar to the items they replace rather than having anything drastically different like the targe or huntsman.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Pick a single Team Fortress 2 class and create a minimum of three custom items for them. These items can be made up of any combination of weapons (melee, primary, secondary), Engineer buildings and/or hats. These items must be cohesively themed and fit within the Team Fortress 2 universe and time period. Make sure your replacement item set maintains the existing functionality of the original items they’re replacing, specifically any Primary, Secondary or Melee weapons you replace in your set. Valve will be selecting the top entries to make it into the Team Fortress 2 Polycount Pack and the winners will be announced 2 weeks after the contest end date, on July 12th, 2010.

Leads me to believe that they will exactly the same as the items they replace. Thus the fact that they are all similar to the items they replace rather than having anything drastically different like the targe or huntsman.

Quote from: blog entry
After our usual delay, we're proud to announce we've finished the utterly impossible task of selecting the winners of the Polycount Contest. These five lucky individuals will soon receive the unbridled adoration of the TF2 community when we release their packs in an update. Unluckily for them, we're also going to attach gameplay attributes (probably of a game destroying nature) to these items, sullying their perfect work with our clumsy attempts at game design. Anyway, enough mucking about, head over and see who won!
Leads me to believe otherwise.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I don't like scouts either, it seems like they're always played by coked out twelve year olds who can't stand people who aren't as leet as them.
Shoes...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

I don't like scouts either, it seems like they're always played by coked out twelve year olds who can't stand people who aren't as leet as them.
I resent that remark! >_>

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile

Touché. I should probably read the most recent blog posts rather than just the oldest.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah, these should have stats like normal Contributed items get. I believe someone asked something about that in the pinned Q&A thread on the Polypack Contest forum, but I'll go check.

[PPE:] Ninjaed by SHAD0W. And that may have been where I got that from. =P

[EDIT:] Also, it would have been weird as fuck for a dart gun to maintain the exact same functionality as a Sniper Rifle.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 06:45:16 pm by Zai »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Scout shares the same attitude.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I AM HEAVY

I AM MORE DIFFICULT THAN PYRO AND OTHER EASYMODE CLASSES, BUT NOT AS DIFFICULT AS SCOUT AND "I BUY ADDERALL FROM THE NEIGHBOR KID" CLASSES.

I AM BULLET PROOF
Shoes...

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I AM HEAVY

I AM MORE DIFFICULT THAN PYRO AND OTHER EASYMODE CLASSES, BUT NOT AS DIFFICULT AS SCOUT AND "I BUY ADDERALL FROM THE NEIGHBOR KID" CLASSES.

I AM BULLET PROOF
what is this i dont even

Heavy is one of the easiest classes to play. I'd say airblast Pyro requires more skill to be effective than Heavy does. Last time I played Heavy, I racked up kills by the chunk load, and the last time I had played with it seriously was about a year prior to that, so don't tell me it's difficult to play Heavy. You might be right about difficulty difference between Backburner pyro and Heavy (o look, group of people, let me jump in and hopefully get back crits) though. But the only times I've played with that was when I first unlocked the Backburner (soon after buying the game over a year ago) and when Jakkarra was really vocal about BAKBURNR SUX!!! U LOSER FOR PLAY WITH IT!!! about 2 months ago (I equipped it then in hopes of annoying him but I don't think I was too successful) but I quickly returned to my AB Pyro ways.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Heavies become much harder to play when I a spy is around. They're just big walking targets.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

I realllllllllllly want that fez.

I don't know why.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 774