Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777800 times)

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Heavies become much harder to play when I a spy is around. They're just big walking targets.

Hehehe...this is true.  Along with their medics.  ;D

KG

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

I've been playing the scout for a bit, lately. The sandman is useful, and the speed... oh god the speed. I'm so effing fast I'm EVERYWHERE. Awesome.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile

The scout's capturing speed is incredible, and if you pull off those crazy "I'm all over the place" jumps you're unstoppable.

I love hightower. And upward, maybe thundermountain too, coldfront is great as well.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 07:16:14 am by ILikePie »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Capturing speed is laughable, I've been using the pain train for a while and it's not really a big advantage. Also, capturing forces you to not move, while moving is actually the strength of the scout.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile

Not really, it limits the area you can move in but you don't have to stand still. You can keep moving and assuming the point doesn't have a low ceiling you can keep double jumping over people too.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah, these should have stats like normal Contributed items get. I believe someone asked something about that in the pinned Q&A thread on the Polypack Contest forum, but I'll go check.
Tribalman's shiv introduced a whole new mechanic into the game. So we might see something really interesting with these. Shock effects for the car battery?

Also, this plan Valve seems to be trying is fascinating. They now have about 100 items that have gone through art design and modeling work without any effort from their side. Valve can just slowly reduce the number of employees working on TF2 and the game will still be having regular big updates. It's a commercial game working more and more like an open-source project.

P.S.
I can't wait to slap people around with the scout's mackerel. It's got jigglebones!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccf7FPqxlkI
Man, that's hilarious, I want the fish so much!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 07:51:29 am by LASD »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Making a model is one thing, making effects another, but making it actually balanced is hard and more important than anything. The reason TF2 is so popular is because it's well balanced. Even the weapons most people say are useless are used creatively sometimes.

Except for the sniper's razorback. That's utterly useless. Even though, it's still being used.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Polycount Pack winners! "Aye, that's tha way ya do it!"
« Reply #4389 on: July 16, 2010, 09:57:37 am »

Well, we have a fast reaction "Throw money at it till the problem goes away" team surely sorted.

Also siquo the point about the razor back, its more a detterant than anything else. It'll quite easily stop spies trying to back stab you.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 10:03:14 am by Nilocy »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: July 16, 2010, 10:24:09 am »

Except that there isn't really much of a being backstabbed sound to trip you off that it was broken. Five seconds later you are gonna be stabbed. And there is no real way of checking if you have it on other than taunting.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: July 16, 2010, 10:24:46 am »

Then switch blade and shoot them in the head, twice. The razorback buys you 0.5 seconds, which, when scoped in and surprised, is useless.

Also, the server is full all the time now, to the point of hardly being able to get in. Which is a good thing, I'm sure, but I often still can't play ;)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: July 16, 2010, 10:33:39 am »

I make a point of taking the opportunity to stab people who have razorbacks anyway, if I can manage to let my knife come back and stab them again.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: July 16, 2010, 10:41:10 am »

The Razorback isn't really much "Oh damn, he has a razorback, now I can't backstab him." as it is "Do I really want to go through the trouble to kill this guy?"

Plus, if the sniper is with a group of teammates, a backstab is much more silent than a revolver gunshot (especially if you have the ambassador).

But yeah, other than that it's mostly useless. I go for Jarate all the way.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: July 16, 2010, 10:59:37 am »

If I see two backs, one with a razor, and one without, I shoot the razorback first, just to make a point.  :D

Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 774