Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777738 times)

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel

New Spy knife will be bleed knife.
I just know it.. What with EVERYTHING causing "SUPAR AWESOME BLEED DAMAGE" nowerdays.

Or if we're lucky a Thrown knife, with a cooldown.
Nonono, you've got it all wrong. It'll be faster and have higher damage, but make the spy walk a little slower.

Wait no that's stupid nevermind

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SPY KNIFE = Shiv, Wrench, other bleedy things.
NOWAIT, SPY KNIFE = Something new and game breaking.
Nonono, you've got it all wrong. SPY KNIFE = AXE.

I really hope they don't just do what they did with the Axe.
Gods is that stupid.

And how can you improve a insta-kill weapon.

*Backstabbed*
*Die*
*Respawn*
*DIE AGAIIIN*

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

It heals fifty health and puts your max health at 350 for thirty seconds. Overheal amount doesn't change. Also, you can't drop it for your buddies.

It actually heals 60, though with the chocolate nerf which came with the sandvich change it is useless at healing.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile

SPY KNIFE = Shiv, Wrench, other bleedy things.
NOWAIT, SPY KNIFE = Something new and game breaking.
Nonono, you've got it all wrong. SPY KNIFE = AXE.

I really hope they don't just do what they did with the Axe.
Gods is that stupid.

And how can you improve a insta-kill weapon.

*Backstabbed*
*Die*
*Respawn*
*DIE AGAIIIN*
Death by new spy knife increases respawn time by 5-10 seconds?

...it's an interesting idea.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

It better have some pretty major cons.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like... not being able to stab from the sides or facestab? no wait... no knife should be able to do that...

i hate spies.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Maybe the new spy knife could be used while cloaked, but in exchange could not be used while partially cloaked or disguised?

Like... not being able to stab from the sides or facestab? no wait... no knife should be able to do that...

i hate spies.
What? Facestabs are worthless if you have any HP at all.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile

When will Valve release the TF2 updates for the xbox release, and also how? Any ideas?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Konork

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

What? Facestabs are worthless if you have any HP at all.
I believe he's talking about glitch-facestabs, where you backstab them in the face, not just poking them
When will Valve release the TF2 updates for the xbox release, and also how? Any ideas?
No idea. A lot of the stuff is going to require not only extensive overhauls of the on-disk code, but in the way everything is handled due to memory issues. They might just end up releasing a stand-alone TF2 with all the updates.

And on the note of changing the knife, one idea I've had for a while is a knife that lets you regain health on backstabs, but reduces the angle for backstabs

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

The knife cannot backstab, but when you have it... ahh I can't think of anything.

But that's the biggest way I could see them changing the knife- no backstabs, but with some other ability.

Maybe something that makes the spy more able to escape from an encounter? Oh, maybe increases his capture rate like the Pain Train?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

A knife that doesn't break your disguise as usual, but is visible on the model?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hehe... I wouldn't be surprised if Valve is desperately praying you've all forgotten about that.  :P

Valve originally claimed that they wouldn't release a patch for the XBox until all the class updates were out ("It's too large for a bug fix, so Microsoft would make us charge you for it. So we'll stick everything in to one big update instead of nickle-and-diming you to death."). Of course, that excuse is kinda invalid, now that all the updates are out. Maybe they're just waiting until after the Polycount stuff is released...

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile

I'd make it a spy knife that "backstabs" when you're disguised regardless of whether you're facing their back or not, but after using it you can't disguise for a few minutes. You can backstab normally in this down time but that'll keep refreshing/extending it.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile

nah , the new Spy Wepon will be the Nuclear Sapper

One building destroyed by the sapper results in the entire map blowing up in a nuclear explosion , setting all scores to zero and restarting the Match , and the sapper can't be knocked off , and can sap buildings from four hundred thousand miles away

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

nah , the new Spy Wepon will be the Nuclear Sapper

One building destroyed by the sapper results in the entire map blowing up in a nuclear explosion , setting all scores to zero and restarting the Match , and the sapper can't be knocked off , and can sap buildings from four hundred thousand miles away
I understand you're making a joke, but the reason people are speculating about Spy knives:

Spoiler: It's a Polycount Pack (click to show/hide)
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 774