Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777769 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Mann-Conomy Update! "NEMESIS KICK!"
« Reply #4695 on: September 30, 2010, 02:53:01 pm »

Damn... this is awesome. I literally lol'ed for a good minute.

The item store, frankly, is something I can support. First, given how much enjoyment I've gotten out of TF2, I see no reason to not pay them a little extra. Second, it means I can get all the epic new items without waiting for random drops (either that specific item to drop, or two other specific items to drop). And third, now that Valve has some kind of actual, semi-regular income from updates, there's a good reason for them to keep updating a ridiculously-cheap 3-year-old game.  :D

And as for items... wewt. That is all. (Although, wasn't Valve adding an additional 6th 'bonus' class pack as well? Or am I missing it somewhere?)
Seriously - full crits instead of mini-crits? Or crit/damage resistance for your entire team? Heck, kiting with the Shortstop will be epic. And I'm already trying to work out how the new knife will fit into my plans. It's a little disappointing that you have to wear the hats to get the 'set' bonus, but it does have a silver lining - you can use both new Pyro weapons at once without suffering the extra bullet damage if you don't wear the hat, for example, and ditto for avoiding the extra 'blink' time on the cloak.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: September 30, 2010, 03:45:41 pm »

*Looks at new items*
*drools*

Must... Have... My Eternal Reward...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4697 on: September 30, 2010, 04:02:19 pm »

The recipes for crafting the new weapons have started showing up

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Although I thought that they had stated it would be the same as previous community content of two weapons rather than needing reclaimed metal as one of them.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: September 30, 2010, 04:20:08 pm »

My only problem is what happens when a sniper uses all three.
The user cannot be killed by headshots.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: September 30, 2010, 04:27:07 pm »

My only problem is what happens when a sniper uses all three.
The user cannot be killed by headshots.

Of course, a fully-charged bodyshot is still painful (don't they often deal 150 damage?).  ;)
And you might be forgetting that part of that item set is the Sydney Sleeper, which prevents you from scoring headshots either. So equipping the full set gives you both immunity to, and an inability to inflict, headshots.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: September 30, 2010, 04:32:28 pm »

Anyone want a baker boy for something? Its vintage.  8)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: September 30, 2010, 04:46:06 pm »

Of course, a fully-charged bodyshot is still painful (don't they often deal 150 damage?).  ;)
And you might be forgetting that part of that item set is the Sydney Sleeper, which prevents you from scoring headshots either. So equipping the full set gives you both immunity to, and an inability to inflict, headshots.
The Croc sniper will have 175 HP due to the shield. Meaning a fully charged bodyshot will not kill him. And since a headshot is out, you cannot kill him as a sniper in one shot.
 Meanwhile he can get a fully charged bodyshot on YOU killing you instantly if you do not have the croc shield. Basically, I forsee issues.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: September 30, 2010, 04:49:29 pm »

The Croc sniper will have 175 HP due to the shield. Meaning a fully charged bodyshot will not kill him. And since a headshot is out, you cannot kill him as a sniper in one shot.
 Meanwhile he can get a fully charged bodyshot on YOU killing you instantly if you do not have the croc shield. Basically, I forsee issues.

Umm, lolwut? The shield is +25 hp, according to the update page. Snipers have a base of 125 hp. Unless the update page is wrong, or I'm missing something...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: September 30, 2010, 04:50:40 pm »

Umm, lolwut? The shield is +25 hp, according to the update page. Snipers have a base of 125 hp. Unless the update page is wrong, or I'm missing something...
Wait... I thought they had 150...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: September 30, 2010, 04:55:26 pm »

If anyone wants to trade for anything in my inventory, such as one of my three engie hats, send me a PM or something.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/umiman <- check it out.

Plz dun hacks me!

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: September 30, 2010, 04:57:37 pm »

Sweet, I managed to trade a Black Box for the second most unique hat seen in the game (pre-update): The Baseball Bill's Sports Shine. On average only 1.77% of players have it on. I wouldn't be too happy to craft it from all the metal, but for just 7 weapons worth, it makes me happy. I even have another Direct Hit stashed away if I get the hankering for a new Box.

I also made a Short Stop and The Holy Mackeral. I don't notice significant slowing in opponents, but the gun seems otherwise really good. 4 shots almost at FaN rate and a quick reload to boot. The fish seems to be pretty much a bat just with more humiliating combat messages and squishy sounds.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: September 30, 2010, 05:02:04 pm »

...the heck?

...I just got a Cheater's Lament.

...and apparently, I'm not alone. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1449113

So, what on Earth is happening over there? And is this actually going to last, or will Valve take it back once they realize I'm not worthy not interested in a piece of shiny garbage?

And wait, the Sports Shine is the rarest hat? Damn, maybe I'll find someone willing to trade for mine after all. A pity the fish doesn't have anything special about it, but I still want it. And I'd completely forgotten that the Short Stop was a 4-barreled gun (the update page just mentioned the slowing effect, and the gun's barrel(s) are pointing away from the screen) - that makes it a little more interesting...

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: September 30, 2010, 05:11:19 pm »

Oh. My. God.

I will never ever use another Flame Thrower again.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: September 30, 2010, 05:11:36 pm »

Not technically the "Rarest" hat. Just the least worn.

Edit: I recommend that we hold onto our vintage stuff. In a few weeks, hats would probably be more common than some vintage weapons, considering the hordes of people who are going to craft them away into new items or even refuse to do anything with them. If you have lots of spares, try to not craft them reflexively for the new stuff right now.

In other words, in a few weeks, your vintage stuff could be worth real money. Keep that in mind.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: September 30, 2010, 06:03:24 pm »

I could make real cash by doing nothing?  Sign me up!
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 774