Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781666 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Mann-Conomy Update! "NEMESIS KICK!"
« Reply #4725 on: October 01, 2010, 09:06:35 am »

Oh a minor note, Sandvitch parties are back. The cool down on the Sandvitch has disappeared for the moment.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: October 01, 2010, 09:53:38 am »

I think pyro got the short end of the stick again, but it's not that big of a deal. His entire set doesn't seem to make much sense combined with each other for the speed bonus and increased damage recieved. I mean, his new weapon makes puff and sting amazing, but he doesn't get to use the axetinguisher in his set...
As a primarily pyro player, I have to say that the Degreaser is much more useful than it sounds. I never realized how much time I wasted in battle by switching weapons until I started using it. The reduced afterburn damage is kinda harsh, but really, I would rather want an extra second or two dealing damage while alive than to deal a slightly larger amount of damage when I'm dead.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: October 01, 2010, 11:47:54 am »

Oh a minor note, Sandvitch parties are back. The cool down on the Sandvitch has disappeared for the moment.
FUKKKKKKK YESSSSSSSSS
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: October 01, 2010, 12:42:31 pm »

Game on the server. Now.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: October 01, 2010, 03:51:59 pm »

The Degreaser Pyro unlock really complements my play style. When I read the bonuses I thought "isn't that gimped?" but when you try it out with the axetinguisher and shotgun it really shines. Puff and Sting attacks become a briese. You wont be cought with your pants down every time you need to deflect a rocket and have the shotty out too. To be honest I think its the perfect weapon to be used with the axe, I don't know if the full set with be as good as the mix.

Really enjoyed my time on the DFC server today. For a moment there we had 24/24. My username is 3u$t4chy.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 03:55:33 pm by Toady Two »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: October 01, 2010, 04:32:59 pm »

The engine seems different now. Facestabs are easier to pull off, some snipers will be able to see you before you can see them, making for some frustrating moments of rounding a corner only to get headshotted by somebody who has .01 of a second to do so from your perspective. Fire is a lot harder to get on opponents. Scouts seem to be able to snipe with their weapons now because I've found a good chunk of my deaths is running away from a fight and a scout popping me from across the map. And teamswitches have an odd civilian glitch.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: October 01, 2010, 04:48:52 pm »

There was a fairly major engine update at the same time as everything else, which also had the side effect of dicking over mac users*, so I dunno. Maybe a few lines of code got jiggied.

Spoiler: Mac Fix (click to show/hide)
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: October 01, 2010, 05:03:41 pm »

Anyone want to trade with me please.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: October 01, 2010, 05:06:43 pm »

Eternal reward sounds insane.  Not being able to disguise is fine by me if I assume the disguise of whoever I stab with it.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: October 01, 2010, 05:34:42 pm »

Really enjoyed my time on the DFC server today. For a moment there we had 24/24. My username is 3u$t4chy.
Yeah, the DFC server today was filled with a lot of great people and the teams were very well balanced.

Edit: oh dear god... Here's what mad milk actually does.

"Once a target is covered in milk, 75% of the damage done to them is returned as health to whoever damages them, be they the Scout that threw the milk or his teammates"

Allow me to cry out... OVERPOWERED!!!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: October 01, 2010, 06:27:00 pm »

Allow me to cry out... OVERPOWERED!!!
It's a primary.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: October 01, 2010, 06:31:30 pm »

Indeed it's not. however since you loose the pistol, you're sacrificing your long range abilities.
Hello Hunam

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: October 01, 2010, 06:32:20 pm »

Indeed it's not. however since you loose the pistol, you're sacrificing your long range abilities.
Shortstop doesn't have spread. So it works perfectly fine long range.

Besides, it's not the scout himself that is worrysome. It's that when you combine this with teamwork... Jesus, it's more scary than an uber.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: October 01, 2010, 06:42:07 pm »

It isn't terribly overpowered, as at most it'll heal somebody around 225 from killing a full-health heavy. And that's only if all of your shots contributed to the kill. Although I wonder what the effect of a spy backstabbing a milked guy would have.

But yeah, people have low enough health that it should not be an issue. That healing will be spread out to all the combatants anyway. Granted one could hit multiple foes with it, but it isn't much more of an issue than Jarate.
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 774