Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777717 times)

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Mann-Conomy Update! "Here. Have an eagle."
« Reply #4815 on: October 03, 2010, 04:07:53 pm »

Trading IS the gamemode!

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: October 03, 2010, 04:15:28 pm »

You'll also be searching for the fabled "bonus sixth Polycount set" that was also promised.  ;)
Valve mentioned in an interview with PCGamer that they didn't ship either the new gamemode nor the secret Polycount set, but that they fully intend to release them shortly.

Translation: Valve Time prevented them from getting everything out and meeting their (self-imposed, but publicly-announced) deadline of "sometime in September".  :P

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: October 03, 2010, 04:38:52 pm »

Wish the ping was more accurate in the server browser, 98% of the servers I've tried to join as of late has said like 50 ping in the server list then when I get into the game its like 200-500 Ping.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: October 03, 2010, 04:39:04 pm »

Translation: Valve Time prevented them from getting everything out and meeting their (self-imposed, but publicly-announced) deadline of "sometime in September".  :P
They got the main Polypack stuff out in September, so they made that deadline. They just pushed other stuff back to make it.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

mothra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: October 03, 2010, 04:42:56 pm »

got the game for 10 bucks a couple hours ago.
  can you run it,says card not capable.
  takes 10 minutes to load.

runs,with just a hint of lag now and then.

8) my face.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: October 03, 2010, 07:17:54 pm »

I love being a spy with Your Eternal Reward and Dead Ringer. Does anyone else do this?
I might if I had YER (which, along with Mad Milk, Black Box, and Sydney Sleeper, is one of my most wanted weapons). =/

I've got a Black Box I don't use. What have you got for trade?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: October 03, 2010, 08:00:42 pm »

I love being a spy with Your Eternal Reward and Dead Ringer. Does anyone else do this?
I might if I had YER (which, along with Mad Milk, Black Box, and Sydney Sleeper, is one of my most wanted weapons). =/

I've got a Black Box I don't use. What have you got for trade?

From the Trading thread:
http://www.tf2items.com/id/zaithemaster

I have several Vintage weapons available for trade, including Buff Banner, Equalizer, Flare Gun, Frontier Justice, Homewrecker, KGB, Kritzkrieg, Sandman, Sandvich, and Wrangler. I'm looking for a Black Box, Mad Milk, Sydney Sleeper, and Your Eternal Reward.

I also have a Vintage Level 86 Camera Beard available for trading for another hat.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: October 03, 2010, 08:19:48 pm »

You have four wranglers.

Willing to swap one of them?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: October 03, 2010, 08:44:04 pm »

got the game for 10 bucks a couple hours ago.
  can you run it,says card not capable.
  takes 10 minutes to load.

runs,with just a hint of lag now and then.

8) my face.

Capitalize the first letter of each sentence.

Nothing to see here.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: October 03, 2010, 09:58:49 pm »

You know I'd like a wrangler myself, not that it belongs in this thread.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: October 03, 2010, 10:15:27 pm »

Heh, I'm honestly of the opinion that the Wrangler is somewhat OP. Not because of the damage, or manual aim - an uber still counters that handily. It's that bloody shield that annoys me. A non-Wrangled gun takes 3 stickies to destroy, which is simple enough. I'm not even certain if 8 stickies are enough (and the wiki seems to be down, so I can't check.  :( ), but either way, it's annoyingly-tough. Worse, the shield stays up even while the gun is offline - you can fire the gun, switch to the wrench, and switch back to the Wrangler without the shield ever dropping. And if you kill the Engie, you've got to wait 3 seconds for the shield to deactivate before you can actually damage the gun (at which point, it's now auto-firing again!).  >:(

/endrant

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: October 03, 2010, 10:46:42 pm »

So far I've found it mostly useless. I'll have to get a friend to also play engineer, and have one of us wrangle a sentry from somewhere else while the other keeps it repaired for it to be useful, I think. Once that shield goes up, if I'm standing behind the sentry, I can't see much of anything to aim the gun at anymore (the shield is hard to see through), and the shield obscures team colors as well.

(So far the shield has mostly just gotten me killed and then the sentry destroyed after I died)

On the OTHER hand, I laughed maniacally when I realized I could shield a mini-sentry.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Von Krieger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: October 04, 2010, 01:46:25 am »

On one map, not one of the official ones, whatever the CP stages map that ends up with a big portal looking thing at the end is, I managed to pretty much lock down the first control point in Stage 2.

That was the day I also found out that in order to keep a wrangled Level 3 sentry permanently running, you needed to have TWO level 3 dispensers to fuel metal for it.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: October 04, 2010, 03:19:34 am »

The Wrangler needs two engies, but then it's nearly unstoppable. Shield + constant repairing is really hard to take down. You need to either kill the engies, or first destroy the dispensers and then keep going until the repairguy runs out of metal...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: October 04, 2010, 03:27:32 am »

Heh, I'm honestly of the opinion that the Wrangler is somewhat OP. Not because of the damage, or manual aim - an uber still counters that handily. It's that bloody shield that annoys me. A non-Wrangled gun takes 3 stickies to destroy, which is simple enough. I'm not even certain if 8 stickies are enough (and the wiki seems to be down, so I can't check.  :( ), but either way, it's annoyingly-tough. Worse, the shield stays up even while the gun is offline - you can fire the gun, switch to the wrench, and switch back to the Wrangler without the shield ever dropping. And if you kill the Engie, you've got to wait 3 seconds for the shield to deactivate before you can actually damage the gun (at which point, it's now auto-firing again!).  >:(

/endrant

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 774