Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777794 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Mann-Conomy Update! "Here. Have an eagle."
« Reply #4920 on: October 13, 2010, 01:53:24 pm »

Comments back:

Shortstop: It's noticeable on the client side, the enemy wont notice it. But it does let you give four shots on a pretty much stationary target. Note, it only seems to work at a certain range, like the FaN.

Milk: I never liked the pistol, so this is a good addition. It makes me miss the bonk or the crits at times, but that depends on the map and team.

Fish: I use the sandman so this is pretty pointless to me. If you're a regular bat guy, however go for the fish!

Powerjack: +75 hp. Some pro pyros I know in the server I go to are using it now. It's insane. The worst part is knowing that not only you died, but gave them 75 hp.

Box: Good when there are no medics around, but that's pretty much it.

Backup: Good when there are medics around. (Or you're good with the box). The bonus is pretty good when the team is facing a sentry or a bottleneck. Note that the buff banner is worthless against sentries.

GRU: I've seen melee heavies going nuts with the KGB, like punch and switch to full crit minigun/shottie. But considering the heavy is the only slow class that didn't have a movement bonus of some sort, it's good they added it. It feels pretty balanced as well, the damage to get somewhere is similar to what a soldier would waste.

Sleeper: Before they 'fixed it'  it was pretty darn good. The shots were piercing and they got random crits... Now it's a weapon for newb snipers who cannot headshot. So pretty worthless. It would be worth something if you could jarate with an uncharged shot.

Shield: Yeah, I think the point of the sniper shield was just to get people to stop whining about how come a shield only blocks backstabs but does nothing else... annnnd... to complete the no-headshot set. I don't use it anyway, I don't have the set. I'd rather have a jarate or the smg.

Bush: Don't have it, but I'd rather have the bleed effect. The only reason is that it makes me happy. =p

Fancy knife: Meh. Some people are good with it... I'm not... I'd probably use it to complete the set, if I had the hat.

New spy gun: I normally go gun crazy with the spy and the worst part isn't the less damage. It's the range and accuracy of this weapon. You cannot snipe with it. At a certain range, it simply wont hit anything and the damage curve is horrible. It's only worth it if you go up close and personal with enemies to charge your c&d/dr.

Vita: Wtf, throw it away. Btw, the 20% is of what you have, not 20% uber. If you have 50% uber, you get 10% back on the next life.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4921 on: October 13, 2010, 03:27:40 pm »

Vita: Wtf, throw it away. Btw, the 20% is of what you have, not 20% uber. If you have 50% uber, you get 10% back on the next life.

It's definitely up to 20% uber (well 19% due to a bug) since I've used it. Not completely useless, but as the medics only new weapon outside of their update it's pretty underwhelming.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: October 13, 2010, 04:04:40 pm »

Sniper Rifle: If there was a fairly high chance of random jarate effect on an uncharged shot then it may work. Perhaps noscoped it has a 30% chance, and it raises to full jarate chance at 50% charge. At least then one could be a bit more supportive of the team. As much as people rag on about bodyshot snipers I always find them to be more helpful to the team. You can get bodyshots more reliably and quicker than headshots, and softening up foes for your team is incredibly helpful. Go full charge with being a team player and have the jarate effect a bit more common.
 Granted headshots killing foes so your team doesn't have to deal with them is helpful, but the difference between these is that a sniper with the vanilla rifle will go off on their own and do whatever they can from their perches. Sleeper snipers are more often in the middle of the fray dousing everything with their fluids.

Vita Saw: It's not as good-sounding as the other saws, but it makes playing medic a whole hell of a lot less frustrating. You don't get the same rage as when you go out to pop an uber and somebody has already shot a crit rocket at you from around a corner. You get a little frustrated and go back to healing, knowing you still have 20% uber left to build upon. This could be the weapon that makes me use medic more often.
 And don't give me the bullshit of "Be a better medic and survive you skilless idiot" TF2 has dozens of ways to kill you in under three seconds out of nowhere. And people just love to go after you.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: October 13, 2010, 10:37:53 pm »

My new name for a Rocket Jumper-Gunboats-Dr's Dapper Topper(-Pain Train optional)-using Soldier: Silly Solly.

I want a Dr's Dapper Topper and Rocket Jumper. Mainly the Rocket Jumper.

Alternative name: Seussified Soldier.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 04:47:38 pm by Zai »
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: October 14, 2010, 05:40:46 pm »

Art Pass winners are up. There's 2 of 'em. Apparently both are going in the game.
Official blog post here. TF2Maps.Net's page here. Both sites have a different screenshot for each version.

In completely unrelated news because I know you people care, I am now the proud owner of 4 class hats: Tyrant's Helm, Vintage Respectless Rubber Glove, Vintage Ritzy Rick's Hair Fixative, and a Vintage Scotsman's Stove Pipe.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: October 14, 2010, 05:45:19 pm »

All my class hats are medic ones, I don't mind.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: October 14, 2010, 05:47:59 pm »

I've got four demoman hats. It is unfortunate that I cannot wear them all at once.
Art Pass update: Allows you to wear 3 hats at once.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: October 14, 2010, 05:48:39 pm »

I've got four demoman hats. It is unfortunate that I cannot wear them all at once.
Oh man, no way.  :D

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: October 14, 2010, 05:53:51 pm »

Oh man, no way.  :D
(Un)Fortunately.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: October 14, 2010, 05:55:25 pm »

Duke, link that hat tower Homestuck thing.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: October 14, 2010, 06:06:48 pm »

Here's how it might work:

:P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: October 14, 2010, 07:13:52 pm »

Mixing three hats together? I'd do:

Towering Pillar of Ze Goggles, Vintage Tyrolean, and Otylo-whatever-the-fuck-gest's Mirror

Towering Pillar of Towering Pillar of Hats, Noble Amassment of Hats, and Modest Pile of Hat.

Towering Pillar of Towering Pillar of Hats, Towering Pillar of Hats, and Towering Pillar of Hats.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: October 14, 2010, 07:26:45 pm »

I don't think you'd be able to get out of the spawn room with that last one.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: October 14, 2010, 07:33:59 pm »

I don't think you'd be able to get out of the spawn room with that last one.

Need a teleporter here!
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: October 14, 2010, 09:22:42 pm »

Mixing three hats together? I'd do:

Towering Pillar of Towering Pillar of Hats, Noble Amassment of Hats, and Modest Pile of Hat.

Towering Pillar of Towering Pillar of Hats, Towering Pillar of Hats, and Towering Pillar of Hats.
The mechanic will only allow you to pile together hats that are for a single class; each Tower or Amassment will only be wearable by a single class. No adding all-class hats like Bill's Hat, Modest Pile of Hat, Ghastly Gibus, Cheater's Lament, or any of the others.
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 774