Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777712 times)

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, I think spy really doesn't take many twitch skills. I'm someone who always sucks completely at fps's in general but as a spy I routinely do very well.
Stairstabs and matador stabs take quite a bit precision clicking.
And the class depends on a good connection more than most. Trying to backstab on a slow connection can be a bear.
... and then it explodes!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Also, I think spy really doesn't take many twitch skills. I'm someone who always sucks completely at fps's in general but as a spy I routinely do very well.
And the class depends on a good connection more than most. Trying to backstab on a slow connection can be a bear.
Unless you have a good bad connection.

Facestab 'eery day.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile

Also, twitch skills with revolver can be crucial to picking off targets from the back line, sometimes it is the best way to take down an engie.
Thank you based dwarf.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile

Also, twitch skills with revolver can be crucial to picking off targets from the back line, sometimes it is the best way to take down an engie.
Or a sniper with that back thing(They usually wisen up to your shennanigains by the first shot if they aren't horrible), or a scout (in basically any situation), or a pyro (though they just tend to w+1 at you), or a demo that knows your a spy, or another spy, or a medic(who isn't healing). Honestly these days with my trusty Enforcer I shoot more than I stab with spy. It seems to be working, though.

This is incorrect, spy stabs are instant and along as it's legit on your screen it's legit in game.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 01:24:03 am by Heliman »

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

along as it's legit on your screen it's legit in game.

No, I've had situations where I've hit someone square in the back and it doesn't register, sometimes the backstab animation even plays instead of the regular one. I've also had tons of kills that were really obviously facestabs to both me and the victim. Usually on the B12 server actually, which is the highest ping I ever bother with. I think it has to do with lag compensation of something, but the higher your ping, the bigger crapshoot stabs become.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1788631

Specifically the second reply by stabby stabby.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 02:49:27 am by SHAD0Wdump »

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I've had situations where I've hit someone square in the back and it doesn't register, sometimes the backstab animation even plays instead of the regular one. I've also had tons of kills that were really obviously facestabs to both me and the victim. Usually on the B12 server actually, which is the highest ping I ever bother with. I think it has to do with lag compensation of something, but the higher your ping, the bigger crapshoot stabs become.

You too? I seem to have my highest ping on Bay12 and mess up a lot thanks to it. Pretty sure the server is far away from me though being the reason so I usually use my ambassador and headshot people since the lag acts like slowmo sometimes.
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everyone remember Final Combat, the Chinese TF2 ripoff? They're making Meet the Team videos.

And I don't know why, but I want to pay China my money for this game.

SNIPER GUN
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 05:20:05 am by kinseti »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or a sniper with that back thing
Sidestabs... They go through everything but the Sheild with the Electoshocker... SO Many Sniper kills by just running along and stabbing them under the shield. And thats with 43 Ping Each (approx)...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Why did you link the Sniper video, the other two revamped classes are so much more amazing.

Heavy is a fish salesman and Pyro is a vengeful clown.

Then they have a generic FPS class called Striker that has everything Valve didn't want in TF2, so there's that.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Everyone remember Final Combat, the Chinese TF2 ripoff? They're making Meet the Team videos.

And I don't know why, but I want to pay China my money for this game.

SNIPER GUN

I can't wait to see what character has the tophat, and what TF2 class he rips off is inspired by.

Also, how long till somebody ports the character models into TF2?

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile

What's the dfc's server's ip again? I can't find it for the life o me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

One of these days I'm going to find a way to not suck at TF2.  :(

OTOH, I found my first item last night. I have no idea how. And it's a scout pistol, whereas I pretty much have only ever had success with the Pyro.

The Winger? ...yeah, stick to Pyro. The Winger is generally considered one of the worst Scout items - tiny ammo capacity in exchange for a smidge more damage.  :-\
Yup, that's the one. Awesome...my 1st item and its a dud. I can see why I've found so few then...I rarely play more than a few matches each month before I give up and fiind something less masochistic. I just don't have the reflexes for twitch FPS.

Maybe you should try a different class, then. Pyro can be frustrating to play if you're no good at ambushing. Engineer has almost no 'twitch FPS' requirements - find a good sentry spot, then protect it from Spies and the occasional intelligent Demo. Heavy's also not terrible, and you'll often get a personal Medic to keep you alive.

Thank you for the recommendation. Played my first match as an Engineer last night and had a good deal of success. I tend to play support/defensive in most multiplayer team games anyway, so I don't know why I didn't try this sooner.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

What's the dfc's server's ip again? I can't find it for the life o me.

217.163.25.175:27015

it is also listed on the DFC group page http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dwarfortress
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

... you can help out alot just by healing everyone.

Alots don't need any help.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 774