Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777858 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Free To Play! World's #1 hat simulator "Outsmart bullet"
« Reply #8280 on: April 29, 2012, 09:43:41 am »

We need a df steam group.
Anyway, add me, i'm [ALG]Miauw, and i'll invite you to my home servers (hosted in europe, i think)
The C&D is not neccesarily bad, but i prefer the invisiwatch, just because its 10 times more fun.
DR is neat too, unless used in combination with the enforcer and the spycicle, then it just becomes pyro hell. (irony?)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8281 on: April 29, 2012, 09:51:24 am »

We need a df steam group.
Anyway, add me, i'm [ALG]Miauw, and i'll invite you to my home servers (hosted in europe, i think)
The C&D is not neccesarily bad, but i prefer the invisiwatch, just because its 10 times more fun.
DR is neat too, unless used in combination with the enforcer and the spycicle, then it just becomes pyro hell. (irony?)
There's like 5 Bay12 steam groups. The one I'm in is Dwarf Fortress Community (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dwarfortress).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:55:38 am by Mongol13524 »
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Strangething

• Bay Watcher
  • Slizardman
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8282 on: April 29, 2012, 12:59:04 pm »

When I play pyro ... I use the backburner. :-[  Please don't hate me.

I wish I could airblast like a pro, and pull off flare-gun/axtinguisher weapon-swap crits, but my crummy FPS makes it too frustrating. Seriously, I can't even circle-strafe properly.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8283 on: April 29, 2012, 01:57:40 pm »

I'm in Europe, and can usually be found on any map but cp_steel.

Not to mention the enforcer, essentially all of the spy cloaking devices, the Jag, the equalizer and the splendid screen...
You think the C&D and splendid screen are upgrades?

Well, if you compare it to its alternative--the chargin' targe--and disregard the sticky launcher entirely, hell yeah it is.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8284 on: April 29, 2012, 03:28:10 pm »

You cant always escape the backburner.
But i dont see why valve had to give noobs a free auto-loading kritzkrieg (if youre not doing damage, youre not doin it rite) in their flamethrower and taking away something they dont give a shit about.

Try using it against decent players. When you don't have a charge you're a crippled pyro and even with it people can run away while you taunt and easily kill you when it ends. It's a bit too good at capping points, needs either a real rework or just an uber-like inability to cap while taunting, and can be argued to charge too fast, but it's underpowered. Sure no airblast is no downside in the hands of a very bad player, but if they are that bad they shouldn't be doing enough damage to get charges (and even if your own team is equally terrible you should still be able to deal with them even with a charge without too much trouble, with them getting occasional lucky kills).

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8285 on: April 30, 2012, 10:44:29 am »

There you have a point.
But i'll give you something to think about.
A long time ago.
Airblast didnt exist.
Ofcourse, thats an invalid argument. but it proves that you can still do well as pyro without airblast.
There even is a entire tutorial video for it.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #8286 on: April 30, 2012, 11:05:28 am »

even with it people can run away while you taunt and easily kill you when it ends.

That's just the problem. There are many times where being forced to run away is game-endingly bad. If blu is on the cart pushing close to the base with little time, then it should take more than one pyro to get them off the cart- it should at least take a well-organized team of several players to do that.

I don't get why they put damage reduction on the taunt. They don't give heavies reduction when they are eating their sandvich, nor do they help scouts with drinks. It should be risky to activate the mmmph, not an automatic win.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ye, the phlog and the backburner need to be seriously nerfed. very seriously. I dont care if they make them semi-useless ,they just need a nerf.

btw, strangething, just use the normal flamethrower, and try to airblast whenever you can. Hell, i used to use the backburner in the good ol days when it was 'no airblast,  but crits from behind', so that means i wasnt born with the ability to airblast everything either, i cant airblast much more then a default rocket.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Ye, the phlog and the backburner need to be seriously nerfed. very seriously. I dont care if they make them semi-useless ,they just need a nerf.

Backburner is fine (maybe the flamethrower needs to go up to the same damage level and thus the bonus removed, but that's not really a problem with the bb), phlog needs a buff and probably a rework with it.

I usually use the degreaser, only using the phlog or bb when not playing seriously. It's just the best flamethrower, or at least the best without substantial weaknesses as I know a lot of people do well with the bb, and pyro isn't like heavy where I feel bad about using the best primary.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

People keep saying you should use the Jag. This is wrong. The Jag's improvement is very small, and only appears if you sit still and wrench it the entire time. If you skip even one strike, then your sentry takes just as long to set up as before.

You gain about a second, which might be useful if it applied the same percentage gain in build speed even when not wrenching, but that is not the case. In situations where a second matters, it's better to just throw down something and get out of there.

Here's an idea- if you have the Jag, all buildings are built with full health, but have 75% max health. So you can put something up under fire and expect to get it built, but these things are more temporary.

Now there's something worth considering
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Strangething

• Bay Watcher
  • Slizardman
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

People keep saying you should use the Jag. This is wrong. The Jag's improvement is very small, and only appears if you sit still and wrench it the entire time. If you skip even one strike, then your sentry takes just as long to set up as before.

Yeah, I though it was awesome at first, but then I realized that I spent a lot more time looking for metal than actually banging on my buildings. And being able to club a spy is absolutely essential to an engineer. Southern Hospitality all the way.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Yeah, I though it was awesome at first, but then I realized that I spent a lot more time looking for metal than actually banging on my buildings. And being able to club a spy is absolutely essential to an engineer. Southern Hospitality all the way.

Or, as I've said, you can shoot him with your short-range pelletstomper. Don't underestimate the shotgun.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile

I mostly use the Jag for comp Highlander play where any advantage is a serious advantage, If you are serious about it the difference is noticeable, also great for 2 or more engis working together to get up an aggressive sentry over a point or something where 1/4 second can be a loong time.
  As stated above, the shottie is a better dps weapon as well, I cant stand the southern hospitality as meeting a pyro up close always seems to equal dead when I have it, anything else and im reasonably confident of 2 shotting them with my shottie as they come at me.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just tried the Pomson somethingthousand and I love it. Especially as I ended up on a Valve server, where all the new people seem to play. Blasting shots at the sniper camping spot in Badlands yields surprising amounts of kills as it passes through 4 snipers on ever shot. It's such a great feeling to disintegrate someone.

Also, I was happy to see that after a longish break I can still do really well.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Argh, gotta get that teleporting engie wrench!

Considering I never move my stuff anyway since I'm a backdoor mini sentry super aggro engie. :P It's perfect!
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 774