Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777711 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I dont really have any problem with any spy loadout except for DR+enforcer, and backburner... Ye, you know my opinion on that xD
But such a weapon sounds like a good idea, anti-omnidirectionalburner!
Would actually add some more tactics to pyro, while disencouraging w+m1.
I say:
-x% damage
-50% airblast cost
+50% airblast area

Or mayby it wont be a 'real' weapon, but rather like the sticky/rocket jumper.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sticky jumper is not only a real weapon, it is the best weapon and nothing will shake my assurance of this.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, it was not ment as a real weapon, but i'm sure some people love it, i dont have it, but i'm sure (AGH REPEATING MYSELF) the extra mobility is awesome.
I rather use the default one.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile

I dont really have any problem with any spy loadout except for DR+enforcer, and backburner... Ye, you know my opinion on that xD
I say:
-x% damage
-50% airblast cost
-50% firing speed

How bout this instead

Edit: Actually scratch that.  Can you imagine a pyro at an engie dispenser with near constant airblast ability?

I can understand you saying that about the rocket jumper(Why hasn't valve removed the massive penalties on this one?), but the sticky jumper really is the best weapon in the game.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

cameron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

C&D + YER is not somthing I dislike for being easy or OP or anything but becuase spies who use it almost always spend half the match either sitting in a corner or moving to a corner to sit in while doing absolutely nothing useful.

YER with the other watches though, can be rather useful in certain situations
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 09:17:38 am by cameron »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I say:
-x% damage
-50% airblast cost
-50% firing speed

How bout this instead

Edit: Actually scratch that.  Can you imagine a pyro at an engie dispenser with near constant airblast ability?

I can understand you saying that about the rocket jumper(Why hasn't valve removed the massive penalties on this one?), but the sticky jumper really is the best weapon in the game.
I dont think the sticky jumper is the best weapon in the game, why the hell do people keep saying that?
Okay, it gives you ALOT more mobility, but it basically induces the same penalties as using a shield does, you cant damage enemies using stickies, and stickies can be goddamn usefull when you're retreating.
Also, to above, thats actually true.
Useless people are annoying.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile

C&D + YER is not somthing I dislike for being easy or OP or anything but becuase spies who use it almost always spend half the match either sitting in a corner or moving to a corner to sit in while doing absolutely nothing useful.

YER with the other watches though, can be rather useful in certain situations
Yeah, it usually takes a few minutes to get into position, then you might get a kill streak and then you have to position again.

But if you're real sneaky you can get around sometimes without the watch even being on.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Obviously, thats not exactly an option on maps like 2fort xD

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile

I dont think the sticky jumper is the best weapon in the game, why the hell do people keep saying that?
Okay, it gives you ALOT more mobility, but it basically induces the same penalties as using a shield does, you cant damage enemies using stickies, and stickies can be goddamn usefull when you're retreating.
[/quote]

If you can fly away from battle at a rate that no one can hit you, that's a lot more useful.

Typically I use them to get far behind enemy lines and destroy the teles.  Or just behind the sentry nests themselves.(Sentries can't track stickyjumping demos fast enough)  This can be a real game changer.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I say:
-x% damage
-50% airblast cost
-50% firing speed

How bout this instead

I want to see a flamethrower with charged airblast - hold down and release M2:
< .5 second charge: -50% knockback, reflected projectiles don't mini crit
>.5 second charge: same as default airblast
>1 second charge: +50% knockback, reflected projectiles become crits
And then something like reduced afterburn time and/or base damage, perhaps reduced movement speed when an airblast is charged.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Better yet, increase afterburn time/damage and bring the casual flame damage down. Name it the "Slow Boil" or something. It'd reward you for getting in close, doing your business of lighting everyone up, then bugging out of there and discouraging Leeroy Jenkins Mode.
I'd love that. Afterburn is my friend. Combine it with flarecrits and you're toast.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Yeah, I regularly just do a burst of flame and bug out. I'd love for that gameplay to be rewarded.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, in an effort to bring my spyplay up I've been trying to learn to use the Amby effectively. I figured out a bind to disable viewmodels when using the Amby (to prevent my precious auto-reloads from totally blocking the screen), that's helping a lot. But I just played a few rounds of knifeless spy and I need some assistance. Y I no got headshoots? Is there some trick to this, or just lots of practice?

I did manage to get the achievement for headshotting 3 scoots though. Still need the Sniper one.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:44:58 pm by kinseti »

Strangething

• Bay Watcher
  • Slizardman
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Better yet, increase afterburn time/damage and bring the casual flame damage down. Name it the "Slow Boil" or something. It'd reward you for getting in close, doing your business of lighting everyone up, then bugging out of there and discouraging Leeroy Jenkins Mode.

I would so take this over the backburner.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Because when I think of skill-full flame-thrower use rewarding people for merely touching foes with a bit of flame immediately comes to mind. And it's not like afterburn is easily countered, making it a downgrade in many situations. At the moment we've basically got the general purpose/aero/combo flamethrower as the degreaser and the ambushing flamethrower as the backburner, so more variety and playstyles would be nice, but I don't think airblast or afterburn focused flamers are the way to do it.
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 774