Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777731 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Scream Fortress 2: THE HAUNTING IS HERE! "Omnomnomnom Brains! So Feeling!"
« Reply #9660 on: November 04, 2012, 07:48:54 am »

For Pyro; ammo capacity, airblast, health on kill, bullet damage reduction, crit damage reduction, damage increase.

If your team has a good medic you can skip/delay the health on kill. If you still have funds that you are not spending on canteens, afterburn damage/duration can be good as you can ignite a whole swarm of bots and have them burn to death before they can get too far, only issue with this is that it results in the money being more spread out for collection.

In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9661 on: November 04, 2012, 10:01:26 am »

Wow, i breezed trough the advanced decoy mission as scout. I was a pretty bad scout in the first waves because i was forced into it, but the team was incredibly awesome. Was fun and easy. And i like scout on MvM now!

E:
Sadly, when trying the first coaltown mission, i got in a bad team. This adbandon function sucks.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:03:38 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #9662 on: November 04, 2012, 08:56:30 pm »

If you lose a wave, it doesn't count.

It will specify when you are abandoning, and when you are just normally leaving.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9663 on: November 05, 2012, 10:20:14 am »

This is an interesting theory, since my first botkiller was my most-played class too. It's probably just luck, though, I think someone would have noticed the pattern if it was 100%.

I've gone through several tours.

4 botkiller wrenches(Silver, Silver, Gold, Rust) and a scattergun(Silver)

Engie is my most played class (Combat engy is fun)

I really don't want any more wrenches...
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9664 on: November 05, 2012, 01:28:21 pm »

Combat engie is INDEED awesome.
Mini-sentries all the way. These things kick some serious ass. Except against pyros.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9665 on: November 05, 2012, 02:46:27 pm »

Too bad there aren't botkiller gunslingers; they could just be regular robot arms.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9666 on: November 05, 2012, 03:38:34 pm »

I wish the botkiller knife was a shard of robot metal. Like a jaw-... plate? or something.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9667 on: November 05, 2012, 07:10:40 pm »

The collection, it is completed!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have to say that the gifts being individualized, rather than first come, first grab, has reduced the frustration enormously this year.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9668 on: November 08, 2012, 01:22:06 am »

The collection, it is completed!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have to say that the gifts being individualized, rather than first come, first grab, has reduced the frustration enormously this year.
It also increased gift farming by a hilarious amount. There are servers you can join where a script will just teleport you around to all the gift spots and let you idly farm an unlimited number of gifts while you do other things.

So just like the idling days of yore, except coated in voodoo-cursed novelty fish instead of weapons and hats.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9669 on: November 20, 2012, 09:44:02 am »

I'm kind of bummed that the Halloween Event is over.

I've been experimenting, and while Pyro is still my best class, I enjoy playing Demo alot more. I mean, I just discovered the joy of sticky jumping, so of course, yeah.

That, and I really enjoy how versatile they are, being able to go just vanilla, full defense with stickies, a heavy melee build, and everything inbetween. First class that I used all four loadout save slots.

Also, I've been practicing rocket jumping with the soldier, and while I initially thought it was patently inferior to sticky jumping, it's now obvious that it just has a much higher skillgate before it actually starts becoming useful. I'm still terribad at it, but it's alot of fun when I get going.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9670 on: November 20, 2012, 02:42:22 pm »

You know your doing something right as a Backburner Pyro when you see in Text Chat...

"How does that Pyro keep getting behind us all the time?!?!"

Sadly I forgot that I carry Axetinguisher around for a reason. Else I would have died less...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9671 on: November 20, 2012, 03:23:08 pm »

So I'm SOMEHOW SOMEWAY trying to make a demoknight work in MvM.

But I keep dying! I'm starting to think this subclass just isn't meant to handle this game mode.

But the thought always strikes me... "What if I just need a bit more practice?" and then it's a neverending cycle of frustration. I just want to hit things with a sword.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9672 on: November 20, 2012, 04:13:29 pm »

But I keep dying! I'm starting to think this subclass just isn't meant to handle this game mode.

But the thought always strikes me... "What if I just need a bit more practice?" and then it's a neverending cycle of frustration. I just want to hit things with a sword.

It's totally viable, just not for the first couple of waves. You kind of have to depend on pills and teammates until you get enough money for a few key upgrades. But once you do, you can wreck shit.

1) The Targe is better than the Screen for the free damage resistance, way more important in MvM.
2) The Eyelander gets to max heads at no time at all, at which point you move almost as fast as a scout (and have extra health). The Zatoichi is tempting but you can get upgrades to fill up your health on kill, and the upgrades provide overheal.
3) Crits on kill + Health on kill first. Then boost damage and attack speed, run speed and resistances as it suits you.
4) Who needs a scout? You're fast, in the middle of things, and can charge. Free up a slot for another support or damage class.

Maybe not the absolute best class, but certainly viable and oh god it's fun.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9673 on: November 20, 2012, 06:24:27 pm »

Zatoichi + Crits on kill

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9674 on: November 20, 2012, 10:15:02 pm »

Zatoichi + Crits on kill

The only thing I don't like about the Zatoichi is that it doesn't have the extended reach of the eyelander or the skullcutter.

After giving it another go with a Targe, bootlegger, and eyelander demoknight, and this time with a more conservative approach of hiding around corners and running away when injured, I've been semi-successful! I do very much enjoy the perks the eyelander gives you, what with the extra health and speed it gives you, plus max speed upgrades, I'm zipping around like nobody's business. Got 28 heads once before getting ginked by a spy. I still don't feel I was as effective as I could have been doing something else, but it WAS my excellent speed + charge that allowed me to run to base real fast and save us from a scout that broke the line and was about to sink the bomb.

Then with a completely maxed out weapon and crit canteens, I was doing just under 400 for every swing to the tank at the end.

Then again, it was on Doe's Drill, which is like Baby's First MvM. I guess you gotta start somewhere though.
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 774