Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781573 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: "Omnomnomnom Brains! So Feeling!"
« Reply #9690 on: December 07, 2012, 04:53:34 pm »

Remember that the oncoming generation of windows 8 pc will likely increase touchscreens all across the board

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 02:17:06 pm by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9692 on: December 12, 2012, 03:16:25 pm »

Oh, pssh. All the items that are actually valuable have been traded on the real-money market for months now, via the use of trusted middle-men. This is just Valve providing an official, safe means of trading. Never mind the abundant use of keys as pseudo-money.

Heck, between the 15% transaction fee, and the limited purchasing power of the Steam Wallet, I'd be very surprised if big-ticket purchases were ever moved into the market. If someone's selling a Burning Team Captain, or whatever the ultra-expensive unusuals are, they'll still probably be using a third-party system.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9693 on: December 12, 2012, 07:56:29 pm »

Refined will be worth a lot less, yeah. That said, the only reason refined was worth anything was because it was the only possible low-denomination 'currency' in the barter economy. Buds are a better reflection of worth, but it wasn't possible to trade 'half a bud' like you can do with metal. Metal is honestly worthless - it's easy to farm with a swarm of barely-premium alt accounts, and none of the metal-based recipes are worth the result.

Now that real money is available, I expect metal will become useless unless Valve pushes some changes. Maybe if the metal -> hat recipe had a ~1% chance of generating an unusual, making it valuable among gamblers. Or the metal -> hat recipe was made cheaper, so you could convert metal into masses of low-value hats and maybe turn a profit. Or a metal -> crate recipe, with a chance of generating a salvaged crate. Or even a painfully expensive metal -> key recipe. Something to make Refined useful again.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9694 on: December 13, 2012, 06:58:31 am »

I'm pretty happy with myself for finally getting skilled enough at Spy in MvM to actually get compliments. It's a really fun role to play, just completely dismantling wave after wave of enemy bots and giants.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9695 on: December 13, 2012, 01:35:07 pm »

3 Refined-> A grab bag, which is effectively one free normal drop. It could be a hat, a crate, a weapon, or anything else you could get dropped on you.

That's the only thing I can think of which wouldn't warp the economy pretty bad. At $0.50 dollars a refined, an unusual hat would drop from $170 expected cost to... 300*0.5... actually, that would be pretty much the same in broad numbers.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9696 on: December 13, 2012, 04:09:21 pm »

3 Refined-> A grab bag, which is effectively one free normal drop. It could be a hat, a crate, a weapon, or anything else you could get dropped on you.

I don't understand. How on earth would that make it more valuable considering the 3 Ref -> Hat/Misc recipe that already exists?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9697 on: December 13, 2012, 05:45:15 pm »

Unusuals can't be dropped...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9698 on: December 17, 2012, 11:51:46 pm »

So yeah I finally got coached a bit by Kinseti, and under his guiding hand I was able to help win a couple games without embarrassing myself for once.

It was fun, though when he makes the little popup that says 'Look here!' alot of the time the popup is obscuring the thing he wants me to look at.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9699 on: December 18, 2012, 12:01:33 am »

Go To -> Cart
Go To -> Cart
Go To -> Cart

Pro coaching skills  8)

The coaching HUD is kind of tricky to use though. It's like sniping, which I'm bad at. If you miss by a little bit it'll tell the person to go to the other side of the area, rather than the friendly medic I'm trying to click on. It was fun, though.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9700 on: December 19, 2012, 11:01:38 pm »

Smissmas update incoming.
http://www.teamfortress.com/mechaupdate/
New Comic

Edit: Reading the comic, is it just me or has Pauling become a lot more assertive/capable over the comics since first being introduced?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 11:06:56 pm by Metalax »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9701 on: December 20, 2012, 12:43:34 am »

Man, I'm glad I bought crates while they were $0.60 apiece. I kind of want to sell them now at $1:20, but the loot might be worth opening them.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Mecha Update! "All hail the maker!"
« Reply #9702 on: December 20, 2012, 04:56:14 pm »

So when is it updating?

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Mecha Update! "All hail the maker!"
« Reply #9704 on: December 20, 2012, 05:33:43 pm »

If it follows past trends it should be sometime tonight ie within the next 4-6 hours or so.

Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 774