Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777815 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Mecha Update! "All hail the maker!"
« Reply #9810 on: January 15, 2013, 09:22:26 pm »

Oh god that was great. The co-commentating spy was fantastic.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9811 on: January 16, 2013, 01:42:31 am »

One of the fun things we used to do was play all spy with friendly fire and alltalk on.  Hilarity is unavoidable.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9812 on: January 18, 2013, 09:36:17 pm »

So playing heavy in MVM is fun, especially when you have maxed out rage and alot of heavies to fire at. Hitting one with rage at just the right moment causes gravity to be a non-issue as a giant robot is sent hurtling across the map. As a giant heavy was coming down to our hatch, I hit it with rage and sent it flying skyward, maybe what would be the equivalent of of forty or fifty feet straight up, and then held it there until my rage gave out. We still lost that wave, but damn was that amazing. Real pity that replays were disabled on that server.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: January 19, 2013, 11:13:07 pm »

HELLO fellow TF2 Players! I am someone most of you will not know! I come bearing a tale of idiocy and trading, that happened to me not five minutes ago!

I was strolling along on the SLAG Gamemode Madness Server (IP:63.251.20.54:27015), building a large staircase in FortWars, when I had the insatiable urge to stand in the middle of a gunfight and TRADE with someone! I typed into chat, 'Anyone have Stranges the want to trade?' and, sure enough, a lone man by the name of Crab Chat piped up, saying 'Sure. Trade me.'

Lo and behold, I did, as a Heavy, and promptly forgot the round had started. During our little trade, he asked if I wanted to trade hats as well, so we both piled hats and Stranges into the Trade screen, and we found we had the same amount of each! I quickly asked if he would be willing to trade all of mine for all of his, which he promptly replied to with 'AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...'

'Mine is worth 9x yores, dude.' he said. This statement made me open up the spreadsheet in case he began rambling off prices. Which he did. He stated that his K-9 Mane was worth 4 keys, and his Area 419 was worth 1! Poppycock, I thought. I searched up both and found that neither was worth more than a key! Ha! I began rambling off prices of my own, all from his stuff, to which he replied, 'Where do u get youre prices from, toys are us?'
I shook off the idiotic statement, and finished listing his prices, then moved on to mine. It turned out MY items were worth more. I told him he was a fraud, which he denied with a whole-hearted 'I not fraud good trader,' and, 'You traded me so ha bye.'
I finished of my ramble by saying 'Finally, please learn to grammar.' To which he closed the trade and the server disconnected me for being idle too long.

I sure showed him, didn't I?
 :D
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: January 20, 2013, 12:38:55 am »

Yep, you showed that guy. He really got it. He'll be feeling that one for weeks, if not months.

So I'm SUPER SOUR. Like, SUPER DUPER FUCKING SOUR about what just happened.

What just happened: I want the achievement for getting all the cash bonuses on an advanced difficulty MVM mission. So I'm on Bone Shaker as scout, which is really fun btw, and I just finish wave 6 with EVERY cash bonus. Then there's wave 7, which is the last wave that has cash drops at all before wave 8, which is the boss.

So I'm really hyped! Then... the lights in my room start flickering... and the power blows! SHIT! I'm disconnected from my match when I'm so close to getting the coveted, hard-to-get chievo!

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: February 03, 2013, 10:43:13 pm »

The market updated. For those of you like me who stockpiled a large amount of vintage items, you can now make a fortune at .20 cents a pop selling vintage Kritzerkriegs! I've personally just hit the dollar mark.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9816 on: February 03, 2013, 11:26:12 pm »

Yeah, was that just today? I've put some things up and I've been amazed at the prices you can get. $45 on an old strange festive flamethrower!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: February 03, 2013, 11:34:02 pm »

Yeah, was that just today? I've put some things up and I've been amazed at the prices you can get. $45 on an old strange festive flamethrower!

It was a while ago.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: February 04, 2013, 06:14:35 am »

The market updated. For those of you like me who stockpiled a large amount of vintage items, you can now make a fortune at .20 cents a pop selling vintage Kritzerkriegs! I've personally just hit the dollar mark.

They probably don't distinguish between normal vintage and off-level vintage. I still have like 10 of them. I wonder if people are even more into those.

EDIT: Okay, my Vintage Lugermorph is now up for 42,42€ (currently the cheapest), let's see if someone bites.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 06:26:49 am by LASD »

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9819 on: February 04, 2013, 12:09:59 pm »

EDIT: Okay, my Vintage Lugermorph is now up for 42,42€ (currently the cheapest), let's see if someone bites.

Probably not, current cheapest price is half that.

Also surprising number of those offering them for sale I recognise from here or the DFC steam group. At least 4 out of 25.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9820 on: February 06, 2013, 03:55:07 am »

Probably not, current cheapest price is half that.

Also surprising number of those offering them for sale I recognise from here or the DFC steam group. At least 4 out of 25.

Dammit, who undercut me! Well, I don't really mind, it would've been cool to get a bunch of money from it.

But actually, on the subject of undercutting; someone undercut from 42,42 to 34€. It's not really in the sellers interest to undercut by a lot, if the price of some item seems to be stable at whatever price, people will buy it at that price eventually. Unless they think the prize should be exactly 10 keys or something.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9821 on: February 06, 2013, 12:18:09 pm »

Extreme outlyers don't last long. If there's demand at the high price, one guy will buy the cheap one, and then someone will come along and buy the new one. It's only when there's a constant stream of people selling low that the price moves down.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: February 06, 2013, 06:17:02 pm »

It's nice that we'll finally be rid of all the stupid guides determining price, since now it should follow semilogical supply/demand (instead of 'SPREDSHET SAYZ 2.44, WAI U CHAERG 2.66', etc) and the actual information on what things are currently trading at will be instantly available. They'll probably linger for a while, but I could very well see wallet funds becoming a metric similar to keys, even if keys remain the standard trade unit (paying 15% for all trades would be silly). What the conversion between keys <--> wallet ends up stabilizing at is interesting, since both have advantages and disadvantages.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9823 on: February 06, 2013, 09:58:16 pm »

For keys, it will probably stabilize a bit below the price UK players are charged from the store. That is currently £1.99 or $3.11 at the current exchange rate.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9824 on: February 07, 2013, 07:52:54 pm »

For keys, it will probably stabilize a bit below the price UK players are charged from the store. That is currently £1.99 or $3.11 at the current exchange rate.
I'd be surprised if they went that far, given that - if I recall correctly - Americans can get keys for $2.50 a pop.

On a somewhat related note, if any of you hoarded Halloween paint spells on an alt or something, now's the time to sell them. They're going for several keys apiece.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 774