Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781511 times)

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: "Wave goodbye to yer head, wanker."
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2009, 04:36:36 pm »

Better than "Dude, the Dudedude" I suppose. Think positive!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: "Wave goodbye to yer head, wanker."
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2009, 04:40:38 pm »

Yes, my brother did think of these things upon creation of his steam account.

Let me tell you, hearing others call me that makes me pause for a split second to debate why my brother is playing.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

Ugh. I still doubt the sniper is REALLY next. He could be. But I refuse to believe that he's going to get a jar of piss as an unlockable for 2 reasons:

1: It completely violates the class. It gives him a use in short range. Where he's supposed to be useless.

2: APRIL 1ST!!!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

He has an effin' knife. A jar of piss won't change that, and every class has an alternate for each piece of their equipment, no matter what they do.

Just like the Sandvich doesn't remove the need of a medic, the addition of a jar of piss won't make the sniper a melee class.

I'm just sour that the Heavy has no way of countering the classes it is weak to.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I use the sandvich to stop those pesky snipers in their tracks.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

I'm just sour that the Heavy has no way of countering the classes it is weak to.

Wasn't that part of the idea? All the classes were supposed to have this. RPS balancing with soft limits to be compensated with good teamwork.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Reminds me of how people in Everquest were complaining about how their knights can't cast spells well or how their mages can't tank properly.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile

Some of my friends are addicted to this FPS game, but I refused to try it out, because of it's cartoonish graphics. However I might give it a try, because as I heard you need serious teamwork in this game in order to be successful. [...however if it's true this is not a "skill game", IE. you don't need to have good aiming skills for example, and I don't like this part, but ah well, I shall see.  ;D]

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some of my friends are addicted to this FPS game, but I refused to try it out, because of it's cartoonish graphics. However I might give it a try, because as I heard you need serious teamwork in this game in order to be successful. [...however if it's true this is not a "skill game", IE. you don't need to have good aiming skills for example, and I don't like this part, but ah well, I shall see.  ;D]

Definately don't let the style of the graphics (which I actually happen to like) turn you off the game. Although it seems odd to say such a thing in the DF forums.

I'm not sure that I follow your line of reasoning that a game that requires serious teamwork (which is definately true - a team that works together will be stronger than a bunch of maveriks, even if they are individually more skilled) would negate the need for individual ability.

Certainly, some classes have a lesser need for aiming (engineers, medics... maybe pyros) but you're not going to get anywhere as a sniper that can't shoot straight.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

Ha.  The designers keep going on about their graphics, if you read the dev diaries and stuff. They worked on it for like eight years with no real focus or anything to set it apart, and eventually figured out that this graphics style could make it one of the most immediately recognizable modern games.  And honestly?  They also accomplish their goal of making each class way more instantly recognizable than in TFC.

Yeah, they put humor into the game too, but it's not a BAD thing.  It's slightly tongue-in-cheek, that's all.  The announcer is also one of the most awesome things; she wouldn't have a place in a more serious game, but she is so utterly devastatingly -disapproving- when you are losing...  Meh it's awesome.  I like it.  I normally hate cartoonish, humorous games, but I like TF2.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

"YOU HAVE FAILED"

Booooooooo.   ;D

Like some gaint metal godzilla or t-rex.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

"THE BOMB HAS ALMOST REACHED THE FINAL TERMINUS WHOUHAHAHAHAHA!"
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

WWEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOWWEEEEEEEEEWOOOOOOOOO

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's the subtle touches that really set the mood for TF2.  Like, when time expires on a map with no set offensive/defensive team, it's not a tie.  It's EVERYONE loses.

And the Announcer...She announces for BOTH teams...  Whose side is she really on, anyway?!

(I'm really, really hoping for "Meet the Announcer".)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 774