Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781512 times)

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Melee weapons work just like ranged weapons. Only they cut off at a very short range.
and they have unlimited ammo and no clipsize, hence, no reloading.

I always wondered... for instance the bottle of the demoman... is there any difference to the bottle as a whole or when its broken already? My theory is, when it breaks its just a notifier of "you just had a critical hit, hooray". Basically indicating only the first critical hit you land with it.

Anybody knows whats up with that? Are there any other (melee) weapons that "transform"?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Spy Update.
 Throwing knives.
 That is all.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

Shurikens.

That is all.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

(I need to think of something witty for the spy to have.  Hmmmm..)

Lit cigarettes!

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

Melee weapons work just like ranged weapons. Only they cut off at a very short range.
and they have unlimited ammo and no clipsize, hence, no reloading.

I always wondered... for instance the bottle of the demoman... is there any difference to the bottle as a whole or when its broken already? My theory is, when it breaks its just a notifier of "you just had a critical hit, hooray". Basically indicating only the first critical hit you land with it.

Anybody knows whats up with that? Are there any other (melee) weapons that "transform"?

Demoman has the only transforming one, and according to the wiki and its piles of community testing (tf2wiki.net), there is no difference whether it's broken or not.  Though it is funny to use the taunt where he drinks from it when it's broken.  He doesn't even notice...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't ridicule my demoman!

Oh and does the wiki say anything about WHY the bottle breaks?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Oh and does the wiki say anything about WHY the bottle breaks?

I think it's the crit animation.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, been playing demoman alot.

It doesn't happen on no-crit servers, and it always happens when you get a crit with the bottle.

And it doesn't do extra damage... *sadface*

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Looks cool though, and we all know that's what only matters.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*looks cool*

*dies from nerdy looking assassins*

*comes back as ghost*

You... were wrong.

DEAD WRONG. *pun*

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Well, the broken bottle happens because it was a crit... so it does do extra damge. But when its broken it still does the normal damage and possible crits.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hahah, TF2 stats are completely broken weapon-wise, here's a snippet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Syringe gun and SMG dealt a third of all damage done last week in the game, that doesn't sound quite right. Also, 7% of damage by shovel! I've probably seen 3 people get killed by shovels ever. Apparently that will change as the blue stats say that the shovel averages at 107 per hit. I'd start using it if it hit that hard.

Also, other tables tell a story of SMG being used from the furthest away (a little shy of 1600 game inches) and the Sniper Rifle being used of only half that distance.

I think the secondary weapons are being mixed with the melee weapons and primary weapons with secondarys or something like that. Funny nonetheless.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

If you think that's funny, look at the win ratio per team for Goldrush.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

Huh.  The stats were pretty accurate last time I looked, a few weeks back...I'm guessing they're a little hosed right now due to possible expansion-related stuff.  I'm guessing the "pipe bomb launcher" is actually the rocket launcher, the "smg" is actually the sniper rifle, the (blank) is new sniper gun, and the bottle is something else, who knows what.  Look at the distance when compared with late last year.

It looks like an indexing error to me.  IE they added new weapons that shifted the names around on the old ones; the data is indexed differently to how it's displayed (and possibly it's a mix of old and new data anyway).
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And the soldier/engi shotgun...

The soldiers shotgun is used closer then some melee weapons! D:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 774