Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781992 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

If this were your forum I wouldn't be here, no worries there.

Just remember it isn't.

More blasphemy?!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I thought it was blepharisma?  :?

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

This is blasphemy! This is madness!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is blasphemy! This is madness!
It is, so let's get back on topic, shall we?

I'd really like to see a new TF2 blog update that shed even some light on the backpack and hat business. It's been too long time since the last one.

Also I know I've had some truly epic moments in TF2, but I just can't recall a single one. It's really frustrating.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile

Another epic moment I've had was shortly after the pyro pack came out, I was mucking about with the backblast a lot. So on a 2 fort map I have the intelligence going up the spiral and a soldier comes round the corner. My immediate instinct was backblast and through sheer luck I get it right on time, he retreats around a corner and I think to myself "OK he's going to come round that corner at some point may as well take a random guess with the backblast and see if I get it right" Obviously the Announcer (Hallowed be her name) was smiling down on me because not only do I get it right but it's a crit rocket, goes sailing back and kills 4 enemies in total, a scout, medic, the soldier and an engineer. Kind of spoiled it that a demo had stickied the corner after that though :(.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, man.  If you've been playing a Scout with the Force of Nature for a while, do yourself a favor and go back to scattergun.  All of a sudden it's like you've just been given this wonderful present, it's a FaN with a tighter spread, and you can shoot it three times as much before reloading...

I just went from being a 'meh' scout, to annihilating every light-to-medium class that stands before me.  Now I just need to learn to aim the Medic's blutsauger better.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Every time I see somebody with an alternate weapon, I metally tell myself that they are skilled. Then I remember 90% of achievements are done on servers made for such and not normal play.

So you really don't need to be good at scout to get the FaN. Curses.

Also, too many deaths to the FaN have taught me that if aimed properly, that thing can kill in two hits.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeh the FaN is annoying me a lot, nothing like running up behind a heavy getting 2 shots in and thinking, Dam I wish I didn't have to run off to reload. Once I get the 20 kills I'm switching back.
My HoM.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, a lot of the first scout things are simple ones.  Like, shoot some teleporters, and jump up and down a lot.  Kill a sentry from out of range with your pistol.  And steal the intel three times in a round--doesn't take THAT much effort on small servers.  Hell I think I got like three achievements just by capping point C at Gravelpit, I was standing there when my team got both A and B...

What's annoying me are how many of the achievements for the Scout require his special weapons.

I've failed to kill snipers at point blank range with two shots of the FaN, but I haven't failed to kill them with two shots of the scattergun.  Plus, the scattergun just plain works at longer range anyway.

Using the FaN to jump never got me anywhere interesting...  If it could get up that rocket-jump hole at the entrance of 2fort, then it would REALLY be something.  But nope.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Double jump back crouch and fire down, it does let you reach some new areas and others easier, for example on well you can stand on the traffic lights closest to the trains blocking you from the other team do that to get over.
My HoM.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, so you can sneak over before the round starts?  Ooh.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

The FaN is meant to be used on-your-face style if you want to -kill- something. The other style is the push back. You can keep a pyro out of his flamer range with FaN. You can drive a medic behind a corner to kill his healing stream. You can stop jumping soldiers/demos in mid air. It's a much more tactical weapon than just a point and kill weapon.

Maybe it just fits my style better, I get more kills with it than with the regular scattergun.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

I love to be a rocket man. and an engy. Thats my two cent's

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197971021727
is my profile and I'm looking for friends so I can get that "uber 10 friends" achievement.  I'll feel cool once I get the Ubersaw.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 774