Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781360 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So how does this whole community thing work?  I get annoyed at big friends lists because let's face it, if I'm not playing I rarely care if anyone but like two or three close friends are, and I never care if they're off playing L4D.  Yet Steam insists on keeping me informed.

Is there a way to make it less annoying?

Though I would like to get that medic achievement >.>
You've got your friends list for people you care about and you've got your communities. I've got three people in my friends list, mostly because they added me. There are roughly 300 people in all of my communities added together. I don't get spammed with what all 300 people are doing, but I can still check in once in a while to see if anything interesting is going on in the group.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I used to have the DFC tag, but I was playing L4D when I got the tank.  I knocked three of them down and thought I had gotten the fourth one.  When I realized what had happened three were already up and I died.  I got berated, teamkilled, and all-around harrassed for a few minutes, so I changed my name to hide my identity.

It was embarrassing, and I lol'd
Shoes...

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile

Only a complete and utter idiot would try to game on a mac anyway.
I don't OWN the computer, I simply use it. My parents own the macs because my dad does graphic design for a living from home. If I bought myself a gaming rig I would either get a PC or pick up a copy of windows so I can run it in bootcamp.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

Only a complete and utter idiot would try to game on a mac anyway.
I don't OWN the computer, I simply use it. My parents own the macs because my dad does graphic design for a living from home. If I bought myself a gaming rig I would either get a PC or pick up a copy of windows so I can run it in bootcamp.

So let me get this straight. Your dad bought into the whole "Macs are better for artsy stuff" fad too?

Sheesh people. Photoshop works on PC too!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But macs look more artsy!

Artsy is better! It was scientifically proven by Steve! I'm not sure how but he said he did it, so it must be true!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

Speaking of macs, how can their commercials even be legal? They slander PCs and false advertise Macs.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whilst not accurate, they're funny and clever. Maybe apple buys off everyone! dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnn. But I really don't know.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Apparently it's not illegal to spread slander and lies through TV because it's considered "entertainment", (which is why lawsuits against gameshows which rig the shows fail) but it's only illegal if those same lies were put down in print. I don't care though, it just seperates the sheep from the challengers and helps me identify my targets for manipulation.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't scripts fall under "Print"?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Don't scripts fall under "Print"?
Suppose a secretary reads a document she was handling for the board of directors when she sees that it's a proposed contract they were dicussing about giving her a $10,000,000 retirement bonus. She gets very happy and retires but the board doesn't give her that money. She sues, but the courts find that reading a contract not meant for you to read is not enough justification to qualify a contract.

I'm guessing the same logic is in effect here... though using "logic" to explain law is hardly the correct way.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Just a note for anyone who hasn't got Left4Dead yet and wants to check it out, there is a free 24 hour trial coming up this Friday.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

OOoooh.  Thanks for the heads up.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

Oh shit. A free weekend for L4D? It's too soon!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a note for anyone who hasn't got Left4Dead yet and wants to check it out, there is a free 24 hour trial coming up this Friday.
Oh god damn! The main reason I bought L4D was to finally try it out (and to find out if my bank card can be used to pay on Steam.) No doubt it will be half price on the weekend just to hurt me more.

At least it's fun, even though there's a rather unfortunate amount of idiots running around. That might be because it matches me with people "most suitable to my experience level", which apparently means 12-year-old French morons.

Also, I'm derailing my own thread. Maybe I should extend this to cover L4D? Or better yet start a new thread for L4D to advertise the free week-end? Yeah, I think I'll do that.

EDIT: Done, now back to TF2.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 05:26:27 am by LASD »

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

So, uh, yeah. I played a game or two with Sowelu about an hour ago. Fun stuff.

And by the way, I'm currently going by the name of "Elmo." Unfortunately, this computer isn't friendly to mics. As in, it doesn't recognize them at all.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 774