Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781008 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Syringes do...

I would once in a while go medic and focus on spewing needles at every enemy that would move,only healing when I didn't have something to shoot at.

Pisses the team off,but I could be pretty deadly.

Heh... I got less kills as a scout than I do as a medic.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I always set up a sentry inside the tunnels leading to the battlements on 2fort. No medic ever goes there and it always catches the scouts/low health demo's/soldiers by suprise. Safe from syringe rain, safe from grenades, safe from stickies unless the demoman is a veteran ut2k4 trial jumper and has a degree in math. Then i go annoy snipers on the far end with my pistol or try to sneak a teleporter in their base. Nest campaing is a waste on maps other then Attack/Defend ones.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

You're a sucky medic then.

Even I who don't like playing medic killed engies by their dispenser and sentry by syringe arc of death.

Show me some proof that you can get an engy with a reaction time so slow that he would sit in place for more than the 4 seconds it takes to kill somebody with the syringe gun.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Even I who don't like playing medic killed engies by their dispenser and sentry by syringe arc of death.

Show me some proof that you can get an engy with a reaction time so slow that he would sit in place for more than the 4 seconds it takes to kill somebody with the syringe gun.
Then add a second or a half for the dispenser/natural spread of the syringe gun and the time it takes to get the aim right...

Are we playing on the same types of servers?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

I think he's playing on crit only servers or something.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Then add a second or a half for the dispenser/natural spread of the syringe gun and the time it takes to get the aim right...

Are we playing on the same types of servers?
I play mostly on custom maps nowadays and some of them are perfect for that, but I will try to get it recorded next time I'm playing a medic.

And no, it's not crit only.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

Well then. It is settled. You're playing against the worst engies ever. A medic tried to pull this one over me. So what did I do? Sit there? I FUCKING MOVED AND TRIED TO FIND THE MEDIC SO I COULD WRENCH HIM!

Or... You know... Let my sentry take care of it? A medic is useless without a healing target.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Actually, there was one arena round on Badlands where only an engineer and a medic survived. the engineer had a level three turret from a dead engie protecting the point, as his own was unbuilt. So as the engineer sent to the point, the medic rained needle death upon him. So it was a devilish standoff:
 The engineer could not really kill the medic rushing head-on into him.
 The medic could not get the engineer thanks to the turret.

Then the medic found a small sliver on the point protecting him from the turret, but not shotgun blasts to the legs.

It was a good ten minutes of them shooting at eachother from afar with close-range weapons and healing periodically.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Ahh, the curseful double medic pair.  You should all coward in fear!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

Actually, there was one arena round on Badlands where only an engineer and a medic survived. the engineer had a level three turret from a dead engie protecting the point, as his own was unbuilt. So as the engineer sent to the point, the medic rained needle death upon him. So it was a devilish standoff:
 The engineer could not really kill the medic rushing head-on into him.
 The medic could not get the engineer thanks to the turret.

Then the medic found a small sliver on the point protecting him from the turret, but not shotgun blasts to the legs.

It was a good ten minutes of them shooting at eachother from afar with close-range weapons and healing periodically.

How quaint. I was in a similar situation once. It was just little medic me and one enemy engineer left in Granary arena. He built a sentry covering the point in one of those little passages between the shipping containers. So what do I do? I saw him when he goes for ammo.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Well then. It is settled. You're playing against the worst engies ever. A medic tried to pull this one over me. So what did I do? Sit there? I FUCKING MOVED AND TRIED TO FIND THE MEDIC SO I COULD WRENCH HIM!

Or... You know... Let my sentry take care of it? A medic is useless without a healing target.
No. The position in which syringe rain happens is when nor the sentry nor the engie can see the medic. Ie. when the sentry is on a higher ground and the medic is on a lower ground and the syringes arc up and rain over the sentry right on the engie. The spread is actually what ensures the engie gets hit the fuck up and you can keep that up non-stop. If the engie moves you can get his sentry/dispenser anyway.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile

No. The position in which syringe rain happens is when nor the sentry nor the engie can see the medic. Ie. when the sentry is on a higher ground and the medic is on a lower ground and the syringes arc up and rain over the sentry right on the engie. The spread is actually what ensures the engie gets hit the fuck up and you can keep that up non-stop. If the engie moves you can get his sentry/dispenser anyway.

I keep my statement. Only a dumbass engy puts a sentry nest in such a location.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

I keep my statement. Only a dumbass engy puts a sentry nest in such a location.
So? In some custom maps and even some steam maps it's the only practical place to defend a point. I'm not saying the engie cannot do something about it or placing the sentry in some other place. I'm saying syringe rain of death happens and if you're good with arcing weapons, you can do it quite a bit.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I saw a medic kill four people with a syringe gun in about five seconds on an Arena map.
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Fear the medic I say.......BOO!!!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 774