Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777701 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

SNIPER UPDAAAATE

http://www.teamfortress.com/sniperupdate/

"You will shoot them and they will stick to the wall and they will die"

YES.

Wow, looks awesome.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

Some people interpret the update text as "You can pin living enemies to the wall", some interpret it as "Only a headshot kill will pin someone".  Both are awesome, but the former is a little annoying and a little awesome.

I mean, if you can pin someone for a second or so...suddenly snipers are very useful on offense, and in defending the intel at close range.  Heck they're going to be great in arena now regardless, which they never were before.  I'm hoping the new bow brings them up to a fairly high tier, but keeps them off the balconies.

(EDIT: According to http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=858424 , word of god is that the arrows don't pin living enemies, only dead ones.)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 06:27:53 pm by Sowelu »
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the arc-or-no-arc thing will be dependant on power.

Fully charged will be like a bullet, flying straight.

Half Charge will be like a flare gun, some arc but you can still hit the far ones,

And low charge (like you're just spamming arrows) will be like a demomans grenade.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

How far can an arrow go compared to a bullet?  I know arrows can go really faaaar.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

Ehh, look how far up in the air they arc those arrows in the Olympics.  Hitting a target is way harder than "that vague group of enemy infantry", and the sniper doesn't have the deformed arms that English longbowmen did from years and years of training.  Now, if you gave it to the Heavy...

Still, I'm guessing just noticably more arc than the flaregun.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Has anyone managed to get that pyro achievement where you air blast a crit rocket into a soldier and kill him? I havn't i came so close once, i airblasted it back towards him, but it went off in the wrong direction sadly.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I've done it.  It's all situational.  Very tough in a public game.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

I hope we get an engineer pack soon. Something that makes engies less boring to play. Maybe a robot engie you can create instead of teleporters to defend your base while you run around or something...

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

I've seen it done in a public game when a crit doc was healing a soldier. Pyro got them on the 3rd rocket.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Sniper update came completely out of nowhere, but it looks already better than the Scout update, both visually and content-wise. I'm very hopeful now, can't wait for the new map(s).

But wait a minute, they were supposed to make an update with content for all classes before the Sniper update, I guess they're coupling the hats with this one then.

The Sniper update should produce some awesome screenshots, like a Demo with an afro who was sticky-jumping pinned to the ceiling in Turbine.

Dammit, the update will make the game take even bigger toll on the CPU, so it will be that much less playable for me. It's rather strange that the recommendations for TF2 are a lot lower than for L4D, but still the latter runs fine and the former plays horribly even with every possible FPS-improving option on. Come on TF2, my computer doesn't even pass the minimal specs for L4D! I think I'll have to wait for a new computer to properly experience the Sniper update.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 06:52:51 am by LASD »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

I've seen it done in a public game when a crit doc was healing a soldier. Pyro got them on the 3rd rocket.
I managed it a few days immediately after the pyro update rolled out.

It was awesome.But it was also on 2fort...

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile

Has anyone managed to get that pyro achievement where you air blast a crit rocket into a soldier and kill him? I havn't i came so close once, i airblasted it back towards him, but it went off in the wrong direction sadly.
2 tips:
1. Don't aim at the rocket with the air blast aim at what you want to hit.
2. Air blast about a second or so before you think you should.

I haven't played pyro for ages but when it came out I used to be an air blast master.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile

I've hated snipers since Quake 2 Weapons Factory. I'm now switching over to the dark side. Good job, Valve! :)
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

2. Air blast about a second or so before you think you should.
Let me tell you, that results in a miss and a very nasty rocket wound.

Although my main problem was with number 1, and actually getting into a position in the half-second you have to both aim the flamethrower towards my target and position myself so the blast hits the projectile.

I did, however, once manage to rocketjump using the compression blast.

It was amazing, and made me wish there was an achievement for it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile

Maybe it's just me then that feels an urge to airblast about a second before you should then.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 774