Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781220 times)

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: "Surprise" Sniper/Spy update incoming!
« Reply #405 on: May 19, 2009, 11:13:39 am »

Don't run! It's only ham!
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 19, 2009, 11:38:15 am »

Oh, and here's the HD screencap of the Alert screen. Some interesting stuff on there.
Lower left corner people.

Leaked Video.

Analysis of the high-res version (which was only available from the official release) and the low-res version (leaked) shows that the original did not say "leaked video".  The words are clearly different, the space in the middle is in a different place...but there's just not enough detail to see what it originally said.

In any case, they did change it for the release.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 19, 2009, 02:26:50 pm »

There's a light that says "Leaked video" on that huge lights panel the soldier is looking at.

It also appears in the Youtube versions. I could make it out.

PREWF that Valve leaked it on purpose!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 19, 2009, 02:59:02 pm »

Nope.

Note that the space is on different sides of the wire in the low and high res version.  Different words.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 19, 2009, 03:53:23 pm »

Nope.

Note that the space is on different sides of the wire in the low and high res version.  Different words.

The low res version says "Is bullshitting" and don't be fooled, "Hungry" on the low res version also reads "Yanlin".

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 19, 2009, 03:54:22 pm »

"on toilet" in the low res version also says "always".

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 19, 2009, 04:46:46 pm »

Spy update! Meet the ambassador. I fucking WANT this gun. IRL. Even though its illegal.
http://www.teamfortress.com/spyupdate/english.htm

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 19, 2009, 04:52:04 pm »

I'm intrigued.  It makes the spy viable as a dedicated longer-range class. Pop out from behind a wall and put two shots into an oncoming scout--you won't get more than two, most likely, but with good aim, you'll get him good.

I'm betting the revolver still has better DPS, so at close range, you don't want the Ambassador.

Yeah, there's going to be a lot more spies NOT cloaking, now.  A spy just sitting there below the balcony in 2fort will be a force to be reckoned with, as long as there are no enemy snipers.

...Which means...that the sniper is a valid counter for the Spy all of a sudden!  The spy can be a mini-sniper and very effective, but would get rocked by a real sniper at range.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 19, 2009, 05:45:52 pm »

I'm intrigued.  It makes the spy viable as a dedicated longer-range class. Pop out from behind a wall and put two shots into an oncoming scout--you won't get more than two, most likely, but with good aim, you'll get him good.

I'm betting the revolver still has better DPS, so at close range, you don't want the Ambassador.

Yeah, there's going to be a lot more spies NOT cloaking, now.  A spy just sitting there below the balcony in 2fort will be a force to be reckoned with, as long as there are no enemy snipers.

...Which means...that the sniper is a valid counter for the Spy all of a sudden!  The spy can be a mini-sniper and very effective, but would get rocked by a real sniper at range.
The thing is, you can move about quickly with this gun. A good enough spy could take a down a sniper, partially because the sniper is a lot slower, partially because the spy is still sneaky and if the sniper does not get in a headshot the spy will use the watch that leaves a corpse and cloaks himself. Then just pop on a disguise and run for some nearby health before going after the sniper again.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 20, 2009, 07:32:03 am »

Nope.

Hmm. Perhaps It wasn't Youtube... But this upload is still before the real one.

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Meet_the_spy_7/

Upon further examination you appear to be right. I withdraw my original claim.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 20, 2009, 10:22:36 am »

The thing is, you can move about quickly with this gun. A good enough spy could take a down a sniper, partially because the sniper is a lot slower, partially because the spy is still sneaky and if the sniper does not get in a headshot the spy will use the watch that leaves a corpse and cloaks himself. Then just pop on a disguise and run for some nearby health before going after the sniper again.
But a good sniper would just charge 100% and then get a body shot on them if they can't get a head shot.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 20, 2009, 11:21:43 am »

The new revolver has a cooldown time, however, so presumably, it has a higher damage per shot, but probably a roughly equal damage per second if you do the math.
!!&!!

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 20, 2009, 01:11:14 pm »

I'm hoping it has a lower DPS, because seriously, the revolver on its own is a serious beast and very unappreciated.  55-60 damage at point blank?

Then again, it has 20-25 at long range.  That needs to be bumped up a lot to make it competitive.  40 damage at long range, while still 55-60 at point blank as well as lowering its ROF, and it'll still get a lot of use.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 20, 2009, 01:16:30 pm »

Maybe the video gives some hint at what the spy is soon to become. The rolling sapper for one thing might be a clue as to the next unlockable. Maybe the revolver shot to the head instantly killing the engineer is some clue as to what the weapon's intent is. Critical headshots like the sniper rifle?
!!&!!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 20, 2009, 01:24:42 pm »

We must face the reality of the current spy pistol: It is horribly inaccurate. Sure at medium range you could land a good number of hits in, but trying to hit targets consistently with the thing is like wielding a stormtroopers gun from Star Wars.

Also, I'm starting to warm up with using the demoman. I can see clearly why people want him nerfed, because I feel like a god with him. As long as you can aim in front of targets properly you can do well.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 774