Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781505 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: "Surprise" Update OUT!
« Reply #540 on: May 26, 2009, 11:26:00 pm »

Yeah, the spy's cloak time is there for a reason. You got to be careful when cloaked.

It's hard for us to play together actually. Nilocy invites me some times, but the servers he plays are laggy for me.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 27, 2009, 02:19:10 am »

We don't play together very often actually. And it's always the same game, so I don't get very interested that often either. And there isn't any private server for us to use, so TF2 games tend to get swamped by others, etc. etc. etc.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 27, 2009, 04:40:45 am »

Speaking of which, this is for LSTAR:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I get killed (and especially backstabbed) a lot by the DFC guys. Though I got back at Scout-Nilocy, headshotting him from mid-air.

In drop news, I have the Dead Ringer, Razorback and a ton of duplicates. However from a milestone point of view, I wouldn't have anything new yet. Then again I haven't played that much as Sniper or Spy because there's really no need.

Overall my number of new unlocks would be pretty much the same with the old system and I'd likely have Cloak and Dagger instead of Dead Ringer, so I'm quite cool with the new system, though I still think earning new weapons is more fun.

P.S. I really want the 'fro!

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 27, 2009, 06:28:12 am »

Lmao, that is an awesome screenshot LASD. Yeah, we do have quite a few good games and that.

This was my epic spy photo. Randomly hit the guy cause he was acting suspicious.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: On the topic of laggy servers I play, its because I'm from the UK so I usually go for UK servers, but most american ones work just fine for me. I usually have a cut of of 150 ms ping before i start feeling the lag, so I'm always up for joining americano servers.

So I suggest, we find a server hosting company mid way... say Iceland, and have a donation system in place. I'd be happy to do it so long as others promise to help pay for it aswell, split the costs evenly yah see. Whatcha all think?

« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 06:31:57 am by Nilocy »

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 27, 2009, 08:01:29 am »

I'm just surprised that you could complain about how unskilled your opponents are when they had two pyros dedicated to airblasting any grenades away (and quite good at it apparently), as well as a sniper who must have been very good to keep you from headshotting those pyros.

Because remember, three stickybombs = dead sentry with no chance to repair.  A couple of good demos, under decent cover fire, can totally take down a pile of sentries if they can hit it from outside of its range.  Heck, you could also take out a good chunk with one spy + one sniper; cloak to someplace around a corner from the sentries, headshot the engie(s), then sap everything you can before the pyros kill you.  Sacrifice your spy to remove a couple sentries, then just keep them from rebuilding...  Heck, an ubered pyro + spy would probably let you clear the sentries out entirely once you can get inside, just keep the engineers back long enough for the sapping to do its magic.

I see plenty of good strategies here.

I never complained about the pyros or the sniper, who found an alternative way to play and did that perfectly, just the engineers who didn't move an inch after they were done plopping down their dispensers and sentries. It shouldn't take 10 people stacked to an unusual class setup to get rid of 3 competent players and 4 afk ones.

The entire problem could be fixed by removing the frame above the hill or changing the hill so that it's possible to actualy get some stickies/rockets over there without getting the relevant soldier/demo shredded the moment they appear on the ridge and any shots they got off being blasted back by the pyros. Sniping was impossible because of the fact that the sniper would either need to expose himself on the ridge or through the tiny window which would make him an easy target for the enemy sniper already zoomed in on that point. Getting a spy in didn't work either because of the fact that it was a tiny area with a pair of infinite ammo pyros running around spychecking everyone and no cover nearby to use for cloak recharge. Ubercharging something and having it storm across the ridge merely causes the person to be knocked back across the map because of the simultaneous hits from multiple t3 sentries before any damage is done.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 27, 2009, 01:55:35 pm »

Okay, I just witnessed the weirdest bug. Four guys on Badgamers-server were getting ridiculous amounts of unlocks. About once a minute one of them would get a weapon and a hat at the same time. This went on for about half an hour and one of them said he got over 20 unlocks in that time.

They claimed they weren't cheating and considering how surprised they were about the whole thing, I believe them.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 27, 2009, 02:05:59 pm »

I'm seeing other similar surprised reactions on the Steam forums.

Either a bug, or my best guess is that Steam occasionally catches up with the people it's been neglecting...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 27, 2009, 02:07:27 pm »

I want that bug to happen to me. o,0
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

alphafalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 27, 2009, 02:25:33 pm »

Happened to me as well, random people getting unlocks en masse, I suspect another Valve goof up as unlocks are given out via steam to prevent cheating servers. Or it was intentional
Urist cancels write signature: Interrupted by DF Release

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 27, 2009, 02:29:03 pm »

If I was a total bastard with control of Steam, I would select 5% of the population to get no unlocks, and 5% to get tons of unlocks, and possibly vary them by which unlocks they get (huntsman or not, etc).  Then I would compare and see how much their 'time played per day' changed, as well as time spent on achievement_idle or whatever.

Because it's fun to have stats!

But I don't have control of Steam.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 27, 2009, 02:37:00 pm »

Happened on a ton of servers I've seen, but half of them admit to spoofing.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 27, 2009, 02:38:18 pm »

Yeah, they probably were trolling. :3

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 27, 2009, 04:57:01 pm »

Yeh for those who don't know there is a console command item_unlocked which can be used to trick your current server into thinking you just received an item. It doesn't actually do anything except display the unlock message though so it doesn't actually give you the items.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 27, 2009, 09:54:13 pm »

So I've been on a medic spree all day. Then in the last game some guy who had just joined the server decided to rant about how bad of a medic I was because I had been healing a heavy.

What. The fuck.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 27, 2009, 10:00:40 pm »

Enjoy the retardation of the internets first hand!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 774