Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 761 762 [763] 764 765 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781406 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

I expected the changes to be stupid but valve always surprises me by being stupid in a creative and unpredictable way.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile

Game balance: the act of nerfing everything until your game is no longer fun.
volvo ur doin it wrong
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

most of those were buffs from what i saw but okay

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile

They're doing it backwards is what I'm saying.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Played my first round of the competitive matchmaking, and I really enjoyed it. It was 6v6 swiftwater (???), our team comp was the sort of bewilderment you would expect for most of it, and none of us were using voice comms, but somehow despite all that it was very fun. But I fear that round may be unusual, since we also had an experienced medic.

I think I might have to actually go through and learn soldier rollouts on the maps in circulation now (though I can't feel bad for not knowing swiftwater in 6v6, I mean really). In what little competitive I've played before I've always run scout, but I think good soldiers may be in short supply, along with medics.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXcdYBh3hgg

pyro receives no significant changes

scout gets airblast

skill-a-cola still just as skillful

rollouts op

badlands last nerfed

rip in rip wee booties

shortstop still op

cvar locks still ridiculous in mm

still no performance

pubs are dead

top fucking kek volvo
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 06:12:12 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

>An update about pyro versus heavy
>So let's nerf heavy
>Make those useless unlocks more useless
>Buffalo Steak?  Fuck that, nerfed
>We'll give spies medic speed so heavies can get backstabed twice as much
>Make it so healing can get disrupted so heavy can be shit even with a pocket medic
>Let's not revert accuracy and damage ramp up nerfs
>Third heavy nerf in a row
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

also since people are now taking pubs seriously, welcome to every pub ever being 6 heavies and 6 medics with literally nothing you can do about it

such fun

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

also since people are now taking pubs seriously, welcome to every pub ever being 6 heavies and 6 medics with literally nothing you can do about it

such fun

spy?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Well, I'd like to give an opinion on the casual matchmaking but I can't. I can't because in spite of 7-8 attempts at varying times of day for 20-30 mins a time, leaving all options on their default settings, not a single game was found.

One thing I will say, if they are going to punish people for having to leave casual matches, they'd better have removed idle timeouts within those matches.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

such fun

spy?
yes as if that is going to help against 5 heavies and a medic

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

such fun

spy?
yes as if that is going to help against 5 heavies and a medic
Sniper with Cozy Ca- oh, wait, that was nerfed. I'm not that sad since it was too situational for me to ever use it, but now it's just useless.

Demoman and Kritzkrieg Medic?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm thinking that losing the valve pubs may be worth the community servers getting better, but it's hard to say. If I'm remembering right the valve servers were only starting to gain significant population when the community servers started getting increasingly horrible, and then after quickplay they became the place for the majority of players. It's funny how "valve pubs" went from a joke to the only way to play the game outside of pugs and some ad-filled garbage with tons of awful settings and maps.

I still haven't played the casual matchmaking, but after a couple more competitive matchmaking rounds, it's still looking to be fun. The maps are... odd. I got gorge, swiftwater, and non-pro viaduct. In two of the matches someone left, so we got no credit for winning (even though it was someone on our team). People seem to understand how essential a medic on the team is, even at these very low ranks. Unfortunately still lots of engineers, spies, pyros, heavies, and snipers, which has made it feel like a small slightly above-average pub more than anything. Usually at least one other soldier and 0-1 scouts. Good demos are probably the class that's in shortest supply.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm stumped by a lot of these changes. They make me excited in a confused way, and I want to try them out. Once again though, I want to avoid getting internet in my apartment because I want to avoid the gluttonously vampiric free-time-eating effect it has on me. I'm finally starting to get my life together and Valve has to tempt me with this. #TeamHeavy

Please tell me everything about Scout's new airblast. That seems like the dark horse change that will have an unexpectedly huge impact on the game.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Please tell me everything about Scout's new airblast. That seems like the dark horse change that will have an unexpectedly huge impact on the game.
The Shortstop now has an alt-fire 'shove' that deals a single point of damage and knocks the opponent back. Unlike the Pyro's airblast, it can't reflect projectiles and has a much shorter range.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 761 762 [763] 764 765 ... 774