Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781751 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Prop-hunt would be a nice mod to have.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Another victory for the blue team!

What I've realized is that in KotH maps either RED TEAM destroys BLU TEAM or visa versa.  That's ok and all, but it isn't as fun as having a war to see who can get the last second.  Usually one team gets all 3 minutes in one try.  Argh.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Another victory for the blue team!

What I've realized is that in KotH maps either RED TEAM destroys BLU TEAM or visa versa.  That's ok and all, but it isn't as fun as having a war to see who can get the last second.  Usually one team gets all 3 minutes in one try.  Argh.

That's only if the teams aren't evenly matched. Which is actually quite hard to get to happen, so it can seem like complete annihilation is all that ever happens. This is not so, as I've had several games where it was a constant struggle for both teams. KotH requires teamwork.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

This one time though, the battle was one-sided again, but something incredible happened.  RED was winning the round easy, they had setup sentries and teleprompters and medic and the whole shipload.  Victory for RED was almost guaranteed, but...when there was 5 second left on the clock BLU made a violent effort to get back that point.  AND THEY DID.  They took it over and went into over-time.  BLU LASTED THERE FOR THE WHOLE THREE MINUTES WHILE RED WAS IN OVER-TIME FOR VICTORY.

Awesome stuff.

And...........I made that all up.  Sounds good, no?

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none

Eh, have had that happen a few times.

..That happened to me just last night, in fact.

Painful.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Wow, they can set up teleprompters now? Must be fun seeing giant tv screens displaying what the guys need to read on the map.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile

Best Koth I ever had red (or was it blue I can't remember which way round it was so I'll just make up the colour.) had capped the point it got down to two seconds left and blue managed to steal. Blue held onto it until she started her countdown:
5 ... 4 ... 3 (Red recap) 2 ... 1
The timing was so perfect I didn't even realise the point had changed hands.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Wow, they can set up teleprompters now? Must be fun seeing giant tv screens displaying what the guys need to read on the map.

That was the funny.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

i have a question.

i lag pretty heavily, will having a better computer alleviate this somewhat?

at the moment, the game dosent really want to run it, even at low settings.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What is your bandwidth? Because it could be that you are on a low bandwidth, playing on foreign servers with too much ping or that your computer is too old. To help if your PC is old, try the DX 8 trick by typing '-dxlevel 81' in the launching options (make sure you remove it before launching a second time otherwise it won't save the settings), try reducing resolution down really low if it isn't already.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

What is your bandwidth? Because it could be that you are on a low bandwidth, playing on foreign servers with too much ping or that your computer is too old. To help if your PC is old, try the DX 8 trick by typing '-dxlevel 81' in the launching options (make sure you remove it before launching a second time otherwise it won't save the settings), try reducing resolution down really low if it isn't already.
Will this trick alter facial animations in any way?

I've got a poor-ish computer but I MUST have those facial animations.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Everything looks fine.  The only side-effect is black intel boxes and clay looking people.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm stuck in NZ with a poor computer. With everything set on the lowest possible setting it still lags. Woe is me.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Didcha read about (and how to) put tf2 into DX8 mode? If not, do that. Crappy computers love DX8.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Eh... I'll admit it,I'm a sucker for graphics over gameplay with TF2. Then again,I think the characters add to the gameplay significantly enough that I'd want them to stay detailed,no clay for me.

Besides,my speed only goes down significantly when there is fire and a ton of players.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 774