Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777848 times)

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Halloween update!
« Reply #1290 on: December 03, 2009, 06:56:07 pm »

I think the 2 main groups I play with have a fetish and a revulvision of the German.

One of them, nearly everyones a medic, to varying degrees of competence.

The other one, once in a blue moon theres a medic, and that's usually people who are new to the servers.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: December 03, 2009, 08:07:10 pm »

Personally I do EVERY class BUT soldier, though yes, medic does have some bitcha's bitchin bout' it.
Hello Hunam

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: December 03, 2009, 08:19:12 pm »

Lezzee...

The Medic:
-is the second fastest class
-automatically regenerates health
-can heal others
-has a primary weapon that is actually pretty damn powerful if your good with it
-can turn himself invulnerable once in a while

Yeah... something...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 08:21:10 pm by SHAD0Wdump »

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1293 on: December 03, 2009, 11:58:38 pm »

Only a really good Medic can sucessfully Uberchain. That would require actually getting in the fray as one, which isn't all to common. But still, a good battlemedic can be devestating.

Also, Needlegun is suprisingly powerful. Never underestimate it.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: December 04, 2009, 12:09:20 am »

I find that the medic is the easiest way to make people like you, and get easy points, if you're a noob. Then again I play with voices off, so I have no idea what people are saying.  ;D
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: December 04, 2009, 01:39:28 am »

I like me some Medic, personally. Battle Medic is a lot of fun, too. Stupid, yes, but that syringe gun is a lot of fun to use.

Still need to get my hands on the Ubersaw. It's the LAST FREAKIN' WEAPON I HAVE TO FIND.

Medic isn't even that difficult to play as. Keep moving, keep your Medigun trained on a heavy or something, and poke teammates with your saw every once in a while. Granted, it's not so easy to be a GOOD medic, but still.

Regarding framerate: I've got all of my graphical settings turned down in the Advanced Options menu and still get some issues. Asides for getting a new graphics card (which is in the works), is there anything I can do to improve FPS? I'm basically limited to Orange maps as of right now.
If all graphical settings at minimum still doesn't do it, then might I suggest Quantums little config? This is what really brought my tf2 back to life after several patches wrecked my framerate.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: December 04, 2009, 04:35:11 pm »

I like me some Medic, personally. Battle Medic is a lot of fun, too. Stupid, yes, but that syringe gun is a lot of fun to use.

Still need to get my hands on the Ubersaw. It's the LAST FREAKIN' WEAPON I HAVE TO FIND.

Medic isn't even that difficult to play as. Keep moving, keep your Medigun trained on a heavy or something, and poke teammates with your saw every once in a while. Granted, it's not so easy to be a GOOD medic, but still.

Regarding framerate: I've got all of my graphical settings turned down in the Advanced Options menu and still get some issues. Asides for getting a new graphics card (which is in the works), is there anything I can do to improve FPS? I'm basically limited to Orange maps as of right now.
If all graphical settings at minimum still doesn't do it, then might I suggest Quantums little config? This is what really brought my tf2 back to life after several patches wrecked my framerate.

I need a bit more clarification than what I'm seeing first before I try this.

What does this require; myself installing a program onto TF2, thereby changing graphics settings, myself changing graphics settings, a sort of plug-in to TF2 that I can choose to use whenever I desire, or a side-program that simplifies graphics? The details are unclear to me.
It simply tells the game to run some commands that are already built into the game. And i must say it works wonders.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: December 04, 2009, 04:45:07 pm »

Random plug:

This map was -awesome- to play -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuCsD-yU0ds

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: December 04, 2009, 04:55:57 pm »

I need a bit more clarification than what I'm seeing first before I try this.

What does this require; myself installing a program onto TF2, thereby changing graphics settings, myself changing graphics settings, a sort of plug-in to TF2 that I can choose to use whenever I desire, or a side-program that simplifies graphics? The details are unclear to me.
There is no external program, or one that runs beside TF2. They are just a bunch of .cfg's that tweak settings. For example, this is my main config:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: December 04, 2009, 05:54:51 pm »

Random plug:

Awesome video, now to go find it!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: December 04, 2009, 05:55:03 pm »

Random plug:

Looks great, if confusing.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: December 04, 2009, 10:12:29 pm »

It makes more sense when you actually play it. On the beginning, red defends the outside of the ship. Blue can destroy entry points to fool around with red and mainly, they gotta destroy the shield to get to the payload. Once with the payload, red has to defend a couple rooms, one where the PL has to pass through and the other one with the computers/terminals. Once the payload is delivered to that room and the terminals are down, blue can move on and red has a couple choke points to defend... Of course, there are ways around most choke points most with destructible areas, which make them sort of secret.

I've never actually seen it to the end tho. It's incredibly hard on blu team.

24/7 server: 216.246.108.66:27015
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 10:18:01 pm by Soulwynd »

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: December 04, 2009, 11:59:02 pm »

It's incredibly hard on blu team.

Looked like it'd be harder on Red until the end, due to having to defend so many different places at once. Unless Blu has a completely uncoordinated attack to the point where they all go in separate ways. It looked like a pretty simple strategy of attacking in only one place for several minutes to get Red accustomed to defending just that area, and then switching to attacking another place farther away could be pretty effective in the middle-to-end portion.

But that's just my speculation based on that video. I may try it out tomorrow to see what it's actually like.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: December 05, 2009, 12:03:23 am »

There are many tricks and sentry positions for the red team. So blu has to really get things together if they wanna win. The main objective is the payload, so yeah, red knows what to defend while blue is busy with smaller objectives.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: December 05, 2009, 12:44:21 am »

I couldn't find a server it's on :(
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 774