Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781511 times)

Giant Snowman

• Bay Watcher
  • It's a Giant Snowman adventure.
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Soldier WINS! Update OUT! Free Weekend ON!
« Reply #1725 on: December 19, 2009, 06:02:20 pm »

Three times as far I think. I suppose knockbacks are calculated by damage.
Benzene on steam.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: December 19, 2009, 06:10:33 pm »

I'm kinda pissed off at TF2 atm. Probably because of me constantly losing; but I have to say that this update has been my most disliked so far. The spammiest and most annoying of them all.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: December 19, 2009, 06:12:08 pm »

I've liked all the updates so far.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: December 19, 2009, 06:26:41 pm »

I'm kinda pissed off at TF2 atm...The spammiest and most annoying of them all.
This is not even close to the scoot update.

When everyone was scout I went soldier and was blowing them up right and left :D

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: December 19, 2009, 06:58:22 pm »

I'm kinda pissed off at TF2 atm. Probably because of me constantly losing; but I have to say that this update has been my most disliked so far. The spammiest and most annoying of them all.

I have to agree. This one is pretty rage-inducing
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: December 19, 2009, 07:09:03 pm »

Just go Heavy. The demos have no defense to you and are charging straight at you, and soldiers are running around with low health and the equalizer. The Direct Hit might make make things a little difficult, but so long as you remain in the position of support fire and not down there in the field of battle then things should be alright.

And upon thought, I have yet to be killed by The Scottish Resistance.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: December 19, 2009, 07:13:30 pm »

My biggest complaint with the Scottish Resistance (I am going to start calling it ScoRe, see if it catches on) is that sticky jumping is so much harder. I don't know if its just me, but I cannot detonate them right to do it.

The way to fix this of course is to set some sort of "detonate all" mechanism using the ScoRe.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: December 19, 2009, 07:15:24 pm »

Keep your eye on the sticky when you jump, looking forward won't cut it.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: December 19, 2009, 07:18:52 pm »

Just wait a while. Should hopefully calm down within a week or so, once everybody's used to the weapons.

I do think that some things could use balancing. I really want them to make the Razorback more useful. The Targe beats it out of the water in terms of usefulness. The Equalizer is hellannoying considering the Soldier can just rocket himself until he's a glass cannon running around killing everybody. I'm really not sure what the Bottle has to offer over the Eyelander. The Gunboats apparently don't apply to much (vertical jumps only?). The Direct Hit could use some balancing to make it less useful than the regular Rocket Launcher in more situations; around-the-corner splash damage is about the only thing the Rocket Launcher does better right now as far as I can tell.

I do really want the new unlocks though. I've heard a few people complain that they got all the milestones and still haven't gotten the unlocks from any of them, so I'm nervous to go for the achievements to get the unlocks as I'm not sure if Valve will later (as in, after the weekend's over and item servers stop being overloaded, as I think that's the problem) give me what I earned. So for now I'm just playing other classes...without my unlocks for those.

I think this update may have been intentionally done to boost the Heavy's usability; he's a pretty effective counter to both the Equalizer Solly and Chargin' Demo. But the Direct Hit is pretty effective against the Heavy, as he doesn't move much and the DH rocket is faster and more damaging than the normal rocket. And the Heavy's a big target, which means you don't have to aim as well to hit him dead-on.

[PPE:] Call it ScoRes, Eduren. It's catchier and was the original "abbreviation" in the comic (Sco Res).
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: December 19, 2009, 07:36:37 pm »

I got all the new unlocks minus gunboats... if anything, the soldier buff is the most broken thing, as it gives your entire team mini crits and you can swamp the enemy.

Pyro absolutely laughs in the face of equalizer, but is killed by demo with shield. I think that shield could be rebalanced though, as only way for pyro to take down charging demo currently is shotty or fire+airblast+axtinguisher. It's irritating, but not horribly imba.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: December 19, 2009, 08:01:28 pm »

It's not like the other classes don't have bad matchups or anything. As a DH Soldier, I hate seeing Scouts, Pyros, and Chargin Demos. I sometimes kill them, they often kill me. I can sometimes hit the Scout or Pyro and the Equalizer is really good versus Pyros (not to kill them, to flee. As I burn, I run faster and faster) and Chargin Demos (This time for taking a swing and THEN fleeing). Regular Demos are somewhat annoying, as are other DH Soldiers. Regular Soldiers, Heavies, Snipers, Medics, Spies, and Engineers are all squishy, easy to hit, or for the poor Sniper, both.

ScoRes is a defensive weapon, but not for every map. On GravelPit, I would rather have the regular. On Gorge, Dustbowl, and any other maps where the CP is near spawn, I would rather have ScoRes. I would also like to have ScoRes on most PL maps. On Arena and KotH, I would rather have regular.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: December 19, 2009, 11:33:50 pm »

Just go Heavy. The demos have no defense to you and are charging straight at you, and soldiers are running around with low health and the equalizer. The Direct Hit might make make things a little difficult, but so long as you remain in the position of support fire and not down there in the field of battle then things should be alright.
Yes, everyone go heavy! Become large, slow, walking targets for my knife!

I do think that some things could use balancing. I really want them to make the Razorback more useful.
Yeah, the Razorback does nothing to stop spies, just makes them use the ambassador to headshot them down to 5 health instead of an instant kill with the knife.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Giant Snowman

• Bay Watcher
  • It's a Giant Snowman adventure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: December 20, 2009, 06:02:53 am »

I think the hitpoint reduction of the eyelander puts the demoman into the bodyshot region, or was he always there?
Benzene on steam.

Tokay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: December 20, 2009, 09:55:12 am »

The update also brought the amazing BSODs to my life.

I also got BSODs after this update. You can fix the problem by disabling multicore rendering under Options->Video->Advanced.

I'm really enjoying the update and i don't feel that any of the new weapons are especially overpowered, although i dont know what they were thinking when they made the equalizer a straight upgrade from the shovel  :-\.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: December 20, 2009, 09:58:22 am »

Aw man...

They fixed Spyspensers!
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 774