Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 782044 times)

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: WAR! update! "Heads..."
« Reply #1890 on: December 24, 2009, 07:02:09 pm »

I don't mind if people battlemedic, as long as they actually heal people who need it. I'm not expecting you to latch onto your team mates, but I do expect you to heal the 50 health burning heavy screaming in your face.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1891 on: December 24, 2009, 10:09:01 pm »

I don't mind if people battlemedic, as long as they actually heal people who need it. I'm not expecting you to latch onto your team mates, but I do expect you to heal the 50 health burning heavy screaming in your face.

That's what I try to do, myself... though sometimes people leave me high and dry, a squishy medic with no soldier or heavy guard.
The other problem is when said screaming burning 50 health heavy is running around on the other side of the map... though some of that is lazy spies hoping that they can convince me to come to them.

And let's not forget the golden rule: Always Shoot Your Medic! That way they can tell if you're a spy or not! Otherwise, they have to get the syringe gun and give you a shot first. THEN they can get the medigun out and do some healing.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: December 24, 2009, 10:41:58 pm »

My favorite personality wise is the sniper "I'm not a crazed gunman dad I'm an assassin."  I also kinda like the sniper gameplay wise as a huntsman user.  I hate just sitting around waiting for a head to pop out like you basically have to do with the rifle.  The huntsman lets me do closer more mobile support at the front lines.  There's better classes for that, yea, but a huntsman sniper at least doesn't outright fail trying like a rifle sniper would, and can still pull off some long shots on unsuspecting victims when an opportunity presents itself.

Gameplaywize I love the soldier and pyro.  Pretty much equally. 
Soldier Is when I want to use stradegy and lead targets and things like that.  I also don't really feel like the update added much to him.  The equalizer seems to be basically a straight up upgrade, the buff banner makes him more of an artilleryman, needing to stay back until his rage meter is full, and I haven't played with the direct hit yet, but I'm probably too addicted to splash to like it.

The pyro is sorta run around and torch shit mode.  Maybe a bit of ambushing on some maps.  Pyro I can find a spot I like and then turn my brain off if I'm so inclined, which is nice.  Though it is also possible to think while burning stuff to better effect if you want.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: December 25, 2009, 12:13:23 am »

Buff Banner turns the Soldier into credit to team. Before he was credit to killing.

Equalizer does less melee damage at full health than a regular melee weapon. I hit a Demoman at full health with a crit and he came out with barely half his health gone. He then double Eyelander'd me, which was the reason I was whacking him in the first place. So again, no, it's not a straight upgrade, but it's so useful and powerful, it might as well be. Also, you can't be healed while wielding it.

On the other hand, the Equalizer taunt can actually be survived if you're at 300 health. You wind up with 15 health and get sent flying straight up in the air enough that you'll die on landing, but you can survive it. It's the easy way to give your medic friends that achievement where they save a person from falling to death.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: December 25, 2009, 12:15:28 am »

Explain this "health" thing.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: December 25, 2009, 01:04:47 am »

A flaming anything running from the frontline is 99% likely to be a spy.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: December 25, 2009, 01:10:40 am »

No its not, it is a teammate in need of healing; run towards him.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: December 25, 2009, 01:18:05 am »

No its not, it is a teammate in need of healing; run towards him.
Yes, then turn your back, I'd appreciate it.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: December 25, 2009, 02:24:45 am »

A flaming anything is 100% likely to show what team they are really on.

So take the slightest glance and if it burns your color heal it!

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1899 on: December 25, 2009, 10:25:14 am »

Yes. And if you are on fire, don't run away from the friendly pyro with air-blast. Many of us will actually try to put you out.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #1900 on: December 25, 2009, 10:42:18 am »

I prefer to just pour more flame in its direction.   :D
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1901 on: December 25, 2009, 03:17:22 pm »

Hey dudes.

Bots?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: December 25, 2009, 03:51:05 pm »

Ive play with them before, their pretty fun.

Not the smartest things, but fun.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: December 25, 2009, 08:13:27 pm »

Can't be dumber than the old ones, I got 34 points in about a minute just by running around sapping everything 2 engie bots built.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: December 25, 2009, 10:28:09 pm »

I tried them out on nucleus but it killed my FPS.

They are insane spycheckers though. And I can't wait until they figure out how to use unlocks.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 774