Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 42298 times)

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 5: Do or do not do, there is no try
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2009, 02:22:17 am »

by using the power of my brain i attack katsun

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2009, 02:26:08 am »

Oh no you don't. I attack Emperor with my pen, using my briefcase as a shield! I eye him through my thick glasses, compute the best course of action, and then randomly flail my arms as I run at him and stick my pen in his eye.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2009, 06:01:00 am »

I hurl my mystery needle at Aussie as a senbon.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2009, 05:04:19 pm »

"Go orcbot go! Kill anyone in your way! Except me!" And I RUN NOT WALK DAMMIT forward.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 6: Robots have all the luck...
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2009, 07:29:59 pm »

You guys were all deadly unlucky this turn. All of you but two are threatened by deadly robots, and the other two are unsuccessfully fighting at 20m. By the way, sudden events are hard to think up.

by using the power of my brain I attack katsun
You attempt to summon your deeply hidden mental attack powers. |You took a wrong turn while you were strolling through the avenues of your mind, but you know which ways not to go now. (+1 to mental attack power attempts) 

I hurl my mystery needle at Aussie as a senbon.
You throw the needle at Aussie.|The needle hits Aussie in the neck but |the point hardly makes a scratch. |Nothing happens due to the small amount of the serum used, but there is about half of it left in the cartridge.

keep runnin
|You are about to once again set off into a closed steel door when the same piece of wall as before rotates around again. |A high tech humanoid robot with arm mounted laser cannons is attached to the wall, and it breaks free of the straps holding it to the wall and lands on the floor. It’s charging it’s lazerz!

Oh no you don't. I attack Emperor with my pen, using my briefcase as a shield! I eye him through my thick glasses, compute the best course of action, and then randomly flail my arms as I run at him and stick my pen in his eye.
You try to attack the farmer-dude with your ultra pen. |You once again miss horribly,|and you instead charge towards the Killbot! |You failed at even this venture, and you crash lightly into a wall. The Killbot does not look amused. |Your ultra pen holds up through all this.

"Go orcbot go! Kill anyone in your way! Except me!" And I RUN NOT WALK DAMMIT forward.
|You serious yourself up and are about to start running forward when|A swarm of mechanical BEES comes a’swarming out of the wall and attacks you! |Luckily they, like everyone else in this unluckiest of turns, fail to hit you, and instead buzz madly to the 110m mark. They look like they aren’t going to stop harassing you until they kill themselves by stinging you. The bees receive +2 to damage rolls.

Orc Bot:At 200m. A servant of Shoruke. Has a axe which gives +1 to damage rolls, and has innate +1 to accuracy rolls. Programmable by nobody but Shoruke.
|This time around, the orc bot gets the message loud and clear, and | he runs forward with maximum velocity! |He sees the deactivated beam sword at 190m, but he doesn’t know what it is, as so doesn’t pick it up. He gets to the steel door at 200m, then |a huge sack falls out of the ceiling and he opens it. |Inside, he found a small goblinbot. Callooh! Callay! Is what he would have shouted if he had been programmed with the works of Lewis Carroll, but since he is just combat robot, he merely gave a satisfied grunt, then helped the goblin out of the sack. The orc bot then remembered his masters secondary command, and so choose a target to attack! | The orc bot decides to attack the killbot with his axe! |The orcs attack is aided by Shoruke’s programming improvements! |The killbot is hit hard in the torso, but his awesome armour protects him, and he merely receives a dent. 

Goblinbot: At 200m. A friend of the Orc Bot. Receives +1 accuracy when attacking enemies who are unaware of his presence, and also gets +1 towards sneaking past hostiles.
The goblinbot follows his new friends lead, and attacks the killbot!|His dagger barely grazes the killbots arm due to his eyes not being adjusted to the light yet.

Killbot: At 200m. Gets +1 to accuracy and damage when it uses it's lasers to attack. Enemies get -1 to damage when they are attacking it.
The killbot is angry with all the creatures who attacked him but he chooses to single out |the goblinbot! It fires it’s laser cannons! |Some laser beams hit the goblin square on, but some also fly every which way! |The orc and Siquo manage to dodge the flying laser beams, but Emperor and the Goblinbot are hit! |Emp loses a piece of his ear, and the goblinbot loses a finger, but that’s all that happens to them. A few of the lasers hit the steel door, creating small holes, and a strange odour fills part of the hallway.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

Challenge time! Well, nobody responded at all to the last challenge, so I'll make this one more interesting by adding the bonus from that challenge to a new bonus for the winner of this challenge. So:
What poem was referenced in this turn?
The first person to post the answer will receive the +2 to puzzle figuring from the last challenge, as well as +1 to a sudden event roll. Both are only usable once however.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 07:43:21 pm by R1ck »
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 6: Robots have all the luck...
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2009, 08:30:40 pm »

using the power of my mind i fly forward

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2009, 10:53:59 pm »

Jaberwocky. Yay google.

I'm going to beat the schist out of these bees with my billyclub.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2009, 11:31:24 pm »

I stab at the kill bot with my pitchfork while yelling at Siquo, "GOD DAMN IT HELP ME DEFEAT THE KILLBOT"

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2009, 03:42:10 am »

"Okay, okay, relax!"

Run back to 190m to get the beam sword again. Stupid useless pen is useless.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2009, 06:15:08 am »

I laugh manically and ninja jump from wall to wall forward.

Sans context.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 7: It's callled that for a reason...
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2009, 10:40:50 pm »

The first death has occurred, I'm afraid. Please pause for a moment of silence for...well, you're see.

I laugh manically and ninja jump from wall to wall forward.
|Amazingly, your ankle doesn’t hinder your wall jumping efforts. |You laugh like a madman while you ninja jump from wall to wall forwards. You have managed to catch up to Shoruke at 100m!

using the power of my mind i fly forward
|You haven’t quite gotten the hang of this whole mental powers thing, but you manage to get to 70m by levitating.

I'm going to beat the schist out of these bees with my billyclub.
|You run up to the swarm of BEES and swing the billyclub at them in a whirlwind! |You barely avoid hitting Katsuun! |The BEES are hit hard in the maelstrom, and many of them fall lifelessly to the ground. |Many of the little buggers perished, but the ones that remain are still fully operational, and furthermore, very angry! The BEE swarm now gets two attacks per turn, but with -1 accuracy for both attacks, and a damage bonus of only +1, instead of +2.

I stab at the kill bot with my pitchfork while yelling at Siquo, "GOD DAMN IT HELP ME DEFEAT THE KILLBOT"
You shout at Siquo, then thrust your pitchfork vigourusly at the killbot! |The killbot managed to sidestep at the last second, but you managed to gain a few more insights on the use of a pitchfork as a weapon.

Run back to 190m to get the beam sword again. Stupid useless pen is useless.
|You run back to 190m, pick up the beam sword, then activate it and run back to 200m. You swing the beam sword at the killbot! (You are somewhat tired from all the running though, so you get -1 accuracy for this turn only). |The beam sword once again fails to find it’s target, but at least you kept possession of it this time.

Orc Bot:At 200m. A servant of Shoruke. Has a axe which gives +1 to damage rolls, and has innate +1 to accuracy rolls. Programmable by nobody but Shoruke.
The Orc bot is angry at the killbot’s attempts to kill it’s new buddy, and charges at the killbot again! |The orc bot’s swingings are very wild! |But, nobody is hit but the Killbot. |The laser cannons on the Killbot’s left arm take a beating, so the killbot only gains the +1 accuracy half of the time now.

Goblinbot: At 200m. A friend of the Orc Bot. Receives +1 accuracy when attacking enemies who are unaware of his presence, and also gets +1 towards sneaking past hostiles.
The goblinbot comes at the killbot from behind! |The dagger heads straight for the center of the bot’s back! |But the dagger only gives the killbots armour a mighty scratch.

Killbot: At 200m. Gets +1 to accuracy(half the time) and damage when it uses it's lasers to attack. Enemies get -1 to damage when they are attacking it.
The killbot is angry with the Orc bot, and attacks him with a laser blast! | |The killbot manages to aim it’s remaining lasers well, and fires off a blast at the orc bot! |The orc bot is hit in the head, and |the head’s pieces fly everywhere! |Everyone around manages to dodge the small parts though.

BEE Swarm: At 110m, in a medical hive. The swarm currently gets two attacks per turn, with -1 accuracy for both attacks, and +1 damage for both attacks.
The BEES line up, and fly stingers first at Shoruke! |Or rather, where Shoruke was 10 seconds ago. The BEES collide with the metal wall.|Many of the BEES are injured, but none deactivate, and the swarm attacks again! |The BEES apparently had their apical sensors damaged in the last attack, so the swarm hits the wall again. |The BEE swarm endures further injuries. The BEE commanders of the swarm decide that the injuries are too great, so the BEES somehow create a medical hive, and will repair the swarm in there as best they can next turn. Improvements are also likely to be made next turn.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

Doing error checking in your free time for no benefit would really help me out.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 10:54:16 pm by R1ck »
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 7: It's callled that for a reason...
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2009, 10:48:26 pm »

Stab at thee killbot again!

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2009, 12:20:32 am »

using my mind i once again fly forward...INTO KATSUN!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2009, 02:46:32 am »

Doing error checking in your free time for no benefit would really help me out.
Meh, looks good from here :) Maybe I should get xp for mis-using the beamsword?

Ignore the killbot. Drag the orcbot's body onto the pressure-plate.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2009, 06:03:27 am »

I try to use my epic singing to cause the bees to listen to me and attack Aussie.

Sans context.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31