Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 42188 times)

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 20: A plague of sadness
« Reply #180 on: April 17, 2009, 09:42:43 pm »

I do the same thing again.

Thanks for not giving katsun a critical...heh

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 21: Madness of various sorts
« Reply #181 on: April 17, 2009, 11:57:07 pm »

Let the tubas sound, turn 21 is here!

But I WANT an ambulance so I can cruse through the race course! I try to awaken and when I do, I try to convince them to lend me an AMBULANCE.
|You rave for an ambulance like a madman to people wandering by your room. |The staff fears for your sanity, so they give you a private room, then they lock the door from the outside. They promise to let you out if you calm down a bit.

Sadness and agaony are powerful emotions! Screaming and wailing like a baby, I run forward! And next time I get a sudden event, I'm using my challenge bonus on it.
|You’re so sad, you decide to attack yourself using your |Flashlight! |You couldn’t see straight, and you missed your own forehead by a bit.

Depressed as I am, I want to end it all. I will not end myself before I ended everyone else though. Finding strength in this purpose, I pursue and attack Shoruke.

|You shake off your blues, and prepare to attack the blubbering Shoruke! |You hit him in the arm with your beamsword! |You cut Shoruke’s arm, but the slice isn’t very big. You feel a little more experienced at beamswordsmening!

Run forward.
|You try to run into the wall blocking your path! |Luckily, you stopped yourself at the last minute. |You’re pretty sure that you’re going to have to put the puzzle together before you can proceed.

I do the same thing again.

|The wasps are fired up again, and they are ready to carry you into the swamp. (+1 to wasp-assisted flight this turn, +2 to wasp flight movement roll this turn, the wasps will take a damage roll if the initial movement roll is over 4)

Mini Croc:At 250m. Gets +1 to critical rolls.
|The mini-croc somehow feels perfectly fine again. His digestive system must be quite tough.|He tries to find something hard to sharpen his teeth against. |He somehow got confused by the swamp fumes, so tried to eat the rock he found, rather than using it. |He realized what he doing just as he was about to sink his teeth into the rock.

WaspSwarm: At 190m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). There's only a few wasps left in the swarm. Tired(-1 to lifting heavy objects next turn)
The wasps try to carry their king Aussie again. |They couldn’t quite muster the strength to lift him this time, and their mechanical muscles are pretty tired from all the effort they attempted.

TV Clinic Staff: In the Clinic.
They’re watching Katsuun carefully using cameras in his room, to make sure he doesn’t smash up valuable equipment. 

The depression trap has now deactivated.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 03:58:18 pm by R1ck »
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 21: Madness of various sorts
« Reply #182 on: April 18, 2009, 07:40:57 am »

Denied of an ambulance, I go into a strange mood, constantly demanding a defibrillator for some odd reason.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 18, 2009, 08:44:12 am »

Think happy thoughts. Wall-run forward again.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 18, 2009, 02:09:27 pm »

Time to leave. I jog down the hallway, using my +1 movement challenge bonus. and I would have used the +1 movement challenge bonus if I was able to at the moment.
...Why isn't wasn't the bonus in my status page?

EDIT: Strikethroughs.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 04:14:53 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2009, 04:00:05 pm »

Fixed. By the way, Shoruke and Siquo, you won't be able to use those bonuses this turn, since the bonus is only usable under certain conditions, as I said when I issued the challenge.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2009, 08:34:15 pm »

I'm so far behind...I fly forward!!!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 18, 2009, 11:28:49 pm »

Inspect the wall. Try to find a puzzle!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 22: Great success and great failure
« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2009, 12:52:59 am »

Two turns in one day again! (well, as long as I post this in the next 20 minutes...)

I'm so far behind...I fly forward!!!
|You focus your potent mental powers extremely well, and you fly forward, over the swamp. You landed on a mat of leaves at 270m. 

Think happy thoughts. Wall-run forward again.
| |You are suddenly energized by the depression trap turning off, and you jump onto the wall and start running forward at maximum speed. You run well, and you are hardly out of breath when you get to 400m. You feel more experienced at wall-running. You hear a sound behind you, and you turn to see |A large globe robot walking through a large door in the wall. The globe is the earth, and it has arms ending in claws, that are tipped with what looks like poison.

Time to leave. I jog down the hallway.

|Jog, Jog, Jog. You soon come upon the monstrous earth at 400m, and you are quite terrified. At least Siquo and Emperor are in the same mess you are.

Inspect the wall. Try to find a puzzle!
|You side isn't bothering you nearly as much anymore.|You examine the wall carefully, and you determine that the pieces on the wall could easily be slid into their proper positions. It looks like it could take quite a bit of time though, since there is only one free spot that pieces can slide to, and there are about 25 pieces. Just as you came to these conclusions, you heard a commotion behind you, and you saw the robo-monster-earth. You hold your pitchfork tightly.

Denied of an ambulance, I go into a strange mood, constantly demanding a defibrillator for some odd reason.
|You look around for a defibrillator, and you can’t find one anywhere, so you ask the staff for one, through the door. |Somehow your arguments were very convincing, and the staff decide that they could lend you one for a little while. They find one, then open the door and throw it to you. |You catch it perfectly, and immediately start examining it. You determine that improvements could be made from it, so you look around for some stuff that you could add to it. |You find nothing too useful, but you decide to try to work on the machine anyway. |You have created the defib gun! It can fire non-lethal electrical currents up to 10m away! You test it out on some bed pans, then you show it to the clinic staff. |The staff are greatly impressed, and they decide that you can take it with you when you are discharged to 200m at the beginning of next turn.

Mini Croc:At 250m. Gets +1 to critical rolls.
|The mini-croc tries to find his long-lost brother in the swamp. |The croc didn’t find his brother, but he found another mini-croc like himself. They soon become friends.

WaspSwarm: At 140m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). There's only a few wasps left in the swarm.
|The wasps decide that they should fix up their old nest, and made it fly again. |They fly back to 140m, and start working. | |The hive collapses from their efforts, while the wasps were still inside! | |None of the wasps made it out alive. The swarm has come to it’s end.

Killer Earth Robot: At 400m. Randomly decides between two attack types; a rolling attack which gets -1 accuracy but +1 damage, or a claw attack which deals poison damage on decent damage rolls.
The earth prepares to attack, and it chooses|| Siquo! It swipes at Siquo with it’s poisonous claws! |The claws hit Siquo is his left leg, and |his leg is badly scratched! |Siquo feels feverish, and he falls to the floor, and plunges into fevered dreams.

TV Clinic Staff: In the Clinic.
They decide to give the ingenious Katsuun a going away present. |Oh boy! It’s a fully stocked advanced medical kit, which is filled with devices and chemicals which could cure almost any ailment one would come across. Katsuun gives them a teary goodbye, and walks out the door.

You want a challenge you say? Or maybe not, maybe you're just sick of these. Either way, here it is:
What was the first thread created in Various Nonsense called? (hint: use the last post button)
The first person to post the answer will receive a bonus of +1 to a treasure roll.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 06:33:36 pm by R1ck »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 22: Great success and great failure
« Reply #189 on: April 19, 2009, 01:08:20 am »

Challenge: "Bad!"

Action: Reprogram the globebot to follow my commands.

GM: It was only still "today" in local time, R1ck. In forum time you were an hour late.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2009, 01:34:29 am »

I solve the puzzle as fast as I can!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2009, 02:01:16 am »

Challenge: "Bad" was posted at December 13. The first, however is

"A Discovery"
« on: March 10, 2002, 10:56:00 PM »

Started by Toady. It was necromanted to life in July 2008.

Edit: To find it, sort on last_post as was hinted, then change sort=last_post to sort=first_post in the URL. :)

I resist the poison! If possible, try to sever the claws from the bot using my beamsword.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 19, 2009, 07:12:16 am »

I appear to patiently await starting next turn, but then I hijack an ambulance while no one looks, stunning anyone who gets in my way with why deflib gun.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 19, 2009, 05:22:36 pm »

My wasps!! i bring them back to life with my mind!!!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 23: Katsuun gets beat up
« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2009, 06:53:54 pm »

I hope Katsuun learns to not do such silly actions from the results of this turn.

My wasps!! i bring them back to life with my mind!!!
You sense the death of your minions, and you focus your mental powers! |Your mind is supercharged, and you unleash the power in the direction of the wasps’ corpses! |MIND-DO-KEN!!!! Your powers manifest themselves as a bright blue light, and it rushes down the hallway! You can feel your wasps reviving, even some that died a long time ago! You are exhausted from all this mental effort, so you fall into a light sleep. (|The blast also hit the orcbot’s corpse lying on the pressure plate, and it destroyed the corpse, so the door closed at 200m)

Action: Reprogram the globebot to follow my commands.

You try to shutdown the dangerous globebot. |You can’t find the power off switch though, and your efforts to do so get you noticed by the globebot.

I resist the poison! If possible, try to sever the claws from the bot using my beamsword.
|Your bodies natural defences fail to keep the fever down! All your cells are focusing on fighting the fever, and not on your bleeding leg. |However, your leg somehow heals up a bit, and stops bleeding. You observe all of this from within your sleep, and you try to fight the fever using anthropomorphic personifications. |However, your armies fight poorly against the shadowy villains in your dream, and you feel even more sickly.(-1 to fever resists in future)

I solve the puzzle as fast as I can!
You try to slide the pieces to their correct locations as quickly as possible. |You are a bit overwhelmed by it all just as you are about to start, and you decide to watch the globebot carefully instead.

I appear to patiently await starting next turn, but then I hijack an ambulance while no one looks, stunning anyone who gets in my way with why deflib gun.
You make it appear that you are leaving, but at the last second you turn, and start running around madly, looking for a ambulance! |Before you even run three steps, some bodyguards hidden in the crowd that saw you off step forward, and they attack you with various weapons! You are completely caught off guard by this assault! (+1 to accuracy rolls of bodyguards)

3 BGs: In the medical Clinic. Angry at Katsuun for trying to run away.
BG1: He fires at Katsuun with a dart gun! |He almost hit Katsuun in the arm, but barely missed.

BG2: He wields a taser-like weapon, and he fires it at Katsuun. |Katsuun is hit in the left leg, but |the electricity somehow doesn’t affect him at all.

BG3: The third Bodyguard sprays at Katsuun’s eye with pepper spray! |He didn’t see it coming at all, and he gets it full on! |Katsuun’s entire face is burning, and he falls to the ground and writhes. The bodyguards pick him up, and throw him out the door, to the 200m mark. |Katsuun got a bruise on his knee from the landing, but he’s not seriously injured from it. He is however in terrible pain, and completely temporary blind from the pepper spray.

Two Mini Crocs:At 250m. They get +1 to critical rolls. They both get attacks.
| The two mini-crocs were hit side on by Aussies powerful mind blast! | |They were thrown against a wall, and they were crushed into two heaps of flesh. Animal rights activists around the world are protesting the show now, but that’s only making the show more popular.

WaspSwarm: At 150m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). The swarm gets two attacks per turn, but gets -1 accuracy with the second attack. The swarm has been resurrected from the dead
The wasps are happy to be alive, but the wasps are spread out over many parts of the hallway, since the wasps died in so many different places. So, the wasps decide to meet up at 150m. |The newly resurrected wasps can’t fly very well, so it too a very long time for all of them to come together again.

Killer Earth Robot: At 400m. Randomly decides between two attack types; a rolling attack which gets -1 accuracy but +1 damage, or a claw attack which deals poison damage on decent damage rolls.
He attacks Shoruke because he was skulking around and bothering the earthbot. |He rolls straight at Shoruke! |Shoruke is hit straight on by the rolling Earthbot and | A few of his ribs are broken by the force! |Luckily, his organs all made it out fine. However, Shoruke is still in tremendous pain, and he collapses.

Siquo was the winner of the last challenge, good job with those forum digging skills.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 06:58:56 pm by R1ck »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31