Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 42306 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 25: Incapacitation has it's day
« Reply #210 on: April 22, 2009, 08:42:42 pm »

"MEDIC!"

The winner will get a bonus of +1 to a roll which in some way benefits another player.
I deliberately didn't answer because of those two words. I interpreted it as, "whoever wins gives someone else a bonus." Now I thinking it's more like "If you win, you get a bonus next time you do something that would help someone else."

...Which is it?!? I'd have answered if I'd thought it was the second one at the time!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 09:19:24 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 22, 2009, 08:58:04 pm »

Stop refering me as Katsunn!!!                                                                         
I attack the robot with mind
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 01:02:52 am by AussieGuy »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 22, 2009, 09:02:09 pm »

Try to heal my injuries.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 23, 2009, 02:16:28 am »

Katsuun/Aussiguy have case of mixed identities. Are you sure you're not Katsuun, Aussiguy?

All those bonuses waiting to be used, and none is useful if I can't WAKE UP!
Try waking up Multiple Times. Then Wall-run forward again, I don't like that ticking sound.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 23, 2009, 06:05:41 am »

I decide to use my weird identity filps to my advantage to TELEPORT me to Aussies position and teleport him to my postion. "Nods" And I don't care if it won't work, I do it regardless.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 23, 2009, 02:46:58 pm »

"MEDIC!"

The winner will get a bonus of +1 to a roll which in some way benefits another player.
I deliberately didn't answer because of those two words. I interpreted it as, "whoever wins gives someone else a bonus." Now I thinking it's more like "If you win, you get a bonus next time you do something that would help someone else."

...Which is it?!? I'd have answered if I'd thought it was the second one at the time!
It's the second one. Sorry about any grammar related confusion.

What are you talking about? If you look at the previous turn turns you'll clearly see that the zombie attacks you, not Katsuun.
Just disregard that little edited on so and so at the bottom there, that's totally unrelated to anything.   ;)

I decide to use my weird identity filps to my advantage to TELEPORT me to Aussies position and teleport him to my postion. "Nods" And I don't care if it won't work, I do it regardless.
So you want to be attacked by the zombie instead of Aussie? Anyways, teleportation won't work, just as you said, but if you get a good roll you will get to where he is, somehow.

The turn will be put up in about 40 minutes or so.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 26:In that sleep, what dreams may come?
« Reply #216 on: April 23, 2009, 04:04:13 pm »

This turn is building on two reoccurring happenings for this game:
1. Whenever 3 enemies attack a player, the first will always miss, the second will always hit, but do no damage, and the third will always hit and do massive damage. This also happened with the three bodyguards before.
2. Players epic failing at waking up.

You lull yourself into a trance, and you concentrate on switching places with Aussie. |When you open your eyes 10 minutes later, you find that you are at 270m, and you see an open hatch above you. You realize that you simply wall-jumped to get here, while you were in your trance.

You once again summon your mental powers, and you focus carefully. | You fire a blast of pure kinetic energy at the zombie bot! |Your blast barely misses the zombie bot, but you still feel more experienced at kinetic mental attacks.

Try to heal my injuries.
|Your side somehow stops bleeding, and it feels much better.(+1 to wound rolls) |You decide that you could somehow heal the wound completely by tying your rope around your torso. |Somehow, the rope binding your chest does cause your wound to close a little bit. (another +1 to wound rolls if you’re wearing the rope)

All those bonuses waiting to be used, and none is useful if I can't WAKE UP!
Try waking up Multiple Times. Then Wall-run forward again, I don't like that ticking sound.
|You fall into a strange world of shadows, a world of pure darkness where monsters roam black hills and tulgey forests. |As you are walking around a gravel road, three monsters jump out of the thorny bushes on either side of you! They are truly deadly looking beasts, and they look like they’re going to rip you to shreds.

"MEDIC!"

Your call for a medic does not go unheeded, and a medical team carries you on a stretcher back to the clinic. |The clinic just so happens to have advanced rib healing technology, so you will be able to be released in only two turns.

WaspSwarm: At 200m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). The swarm gets two attacks per turn, but gets -1 accuracy with the second attack. Speedy(+1 to movement rolls). The swarm has been resurrected from the dead.
|The wasps are curious about what happened at 200m, so they look around carefully, in order to piece together the history of the place. |The wasps have poor detective skills, and they can’t figure out at all what happened. They didn’t even find the pressure plate that controls the door.

Robotic Zombie: In a small room above 270m. Using a grabbing attack, and gets +2 accuracy if it has a hold on an enemy. Causes plague rolls with successful bite attacks.
|He tries to get a good bite out of the struggling Aussie. |Somehow, he got a little confused, so he bit his own arm instead of Aussie’s. |He realized what he was doing after a few bites, so the arm is still usable. Aussie retreated to the other end of the room during his self-cannibalization.

Killer Earth Robot: At 400m. Currently shut down. A slave of Shoruke. Possesses superior programming, of some kind, as well as a extremely smashed face.
He’d do a good job as a paperweight or a hat rack in his current state.

---: |

3 Monsters: In Siquo’s shadow dream world. They are out to kill Siquo.

Huge Three-eyed Lion: Gets +1 to accuracy rolls.
The shadow lion leaps at Siquo! |Siquo jumped out of the way, but the lion almost scratched him.

Scissors Monster: Gets +1 to critical rolls.
The scissors monster comes sliding towards Siquo on his tentacles! |His blades catch Siquo by the arm, and |Siquos right arm gets a few cuts from one of the blades.

Ethereal Lego Pirate: Gets +1 to damage rolls.
The almost invisible Lego pirate slashes at Siquo with his cutlass! |Siquo didn’t see him coming at all, and so he is hit in the head! | |The sword leaves a huge gash in Siquo’s head, and even cuts his brain a bit. Siquo crumples to the ground, barely alive. At least he’s not bleeding, since that doesn’t happen in dreams.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

A new challenge has appeared!
Which song did I reference obliquely back in turn 19?
The first person to post the answer will get a GM made action used when the action posting rule is inflicted upon them. As opposed to an action like giving your shoes to another player.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 26: In that sleep, what dreams may come?
« Reply #217 on: April 23, 2009, 04:11:43 pm »

I ninja jump forward as far as I can.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 23, 2009, 05:05:54 pm »

I hate these challenges, too much work.

Okay I fly/charge into the robot.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 23, 2009, 05:44:19 pm »

I use my engineering logic to wake up.
I ask them:
"If this is a world of pure darkness, how can I even see you? Darkness and blackness implies that all photons are absorbed by every surface, which in turn would cause intense overheating, and I'd only be able to see your black-body-radiation at degrees of 1000 kelvin or higher. I can only come to the conclusion that you guys must be melting to death from all that heat."

If that does not work? Run.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 23, 2009, 05:48:50 pm »

Oh and As If I Don't Have Enough Bonuses Yet:

The Bangels - Eternal Flame (guessing...)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 23, 2009, 05:56:38 pm »

While I'm in the hospital, I look around around for spare parts/tools that I might eventually be able to use to fix that Globe-bot.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 25, 2009, 10:22:39 am »

I wonder where Emperor Jonathan could be? I think it's been long enough to invoke:
THE ACTION POSTING RULE! Again.
So, anyone can post an action for him to do. Keep in mind, if it's too self-destructive,  I might alter it a bit.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 25, 2009, 10:59:46 am »

Emperor wakes Siquo up, using his fireworks if he has to. Then he continues running, but in the wrong direction.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 27: Headbutt attack, and melting dimensions
« Reply #224 on: April 25, 2009, 12:07:10 pm »

For almost the first time ever, no two players are in the same place. That's of course because of the action Siquo posted Emperor to do.

I ninja jump forward as far as I can.
|For some reason, this time when you ninja jump, you get tired really quickly, and you stop after only 10m. You are now at 280m. You are also tired.

Okay I fly/charge into the robot.
You charge straight at the zombie bot! |While you were running though, you tripped, and flew headfirst into a wall!| |Ker-Smash!!! Your head goes straight through the wooden wall, but somehow it’s not injured very much, it’s only bleeding a little. You are stuck in the wall by your head now.

I use my engineering logic to wake up.
I ask them:
"If this is a world of pure darkness, how can I even see you? Darkness and blackness implies that all photons are absorbed by every surface, which in turn would cause intense overheating, and I'd only be able to see your black-body-radiation at degrees of 1000 kelvin or higher. I can only come to the conclusion that you guys must be melting to death from all that heat."

If that does not work? Run.
|You explain to the three monsters that they should be melting into nothingness right now, and they believe you. They quickly melt like ice cream cones into three black puddles. Suddenly, everything around you starts melting away, the trees, the road, and even the clouds in the sky. You start drowning in all the black goo, and you close your eyes. When you open your eyes again you find that you’re back in the hallway, and you realize that it was all a dream. Just as you are thinking about the dream, a blast of fever hits you again! |Your bodies defences were ready, and they unleash a hailstorm of arrows upon the invaders. The invaders are all killed, and you are cured of your fever.

Emperor wakes Siquo up, using his fireworks if he has to. Then he continues running, but in the wrong direction.
|Emperor’s side wound heals up completely at last. Emperor was about to shake Siquo awake when Siquo woke himself up. Emperor then realizes that just one awesome sword isn’t enough, so he sets off to find the sword barrel again. |After only a bit of walking, he realized that he was already holding too much stuff already. Emperor is now at 390m.

While I'm in the hospital, I look around around for spare parts/tools that I might eventually be able to use to fix that Globe-bot.
You wander around the clinic, and look for things that could help you repair the globebot. |You somehow found a backpack full of tools of all sorts! |Since you’re not a thief, you ask the staff if you can take it, and they tell you that you can, since they really have no use for it. 

WaspSwarm: At 200m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). The swarm gets two attacks per turn, but gets -1 accuracy with the second attack. Speedy(+1 to movement rolls). The swarm has been resurrected from the dead.
|The wasps are hit by a wave of memories about their old nest, so they decide to go and find the old nest, and repair it. |Even though the wasps are pretty fast, they only managed to fly to 170m, they’re still 20m away from the broken nest.

Robotic Zombie: In a small room above 270m. Using a grabbing attack, and gets +2 accuracy if it has a hold on an enemy. Causes plague rolls with successful bite attacks. Holding onto Aussie tightly(-1 to escaping)
He grabs at the vulnerable Aussie again! |He grabs Aussie’s chest from behind, and holds on tightly. He’s preparing to take a bite again.

Killer Earth Robot: At 400m. Currently shut down. A slave of Shoruke. Possesses superior programming, of some kind, as well as a extremely smashed face.
Now that Shoruke has some nice tools, maybe he can be repaired.

---: |

Clinic Staff: In the clinic.
The staff take Shoruke in for his operation, and use the high-tech rib healing technology on him. |Somehow, there was a random power failure just as they were about to use the machine. The staff will have to wait until next turn to finish the operation.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

The challenge from last turn is still up in the air. If you put the appropriate sentence into google search, the answer is the first search result. Seriously, I tried it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 12:32:21 pm by R1ck »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31