Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 42302 times)

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 30: Mushroom power!
« Reply #255 on: April 29, 2009, 03:41:48 pm »

Awesome bios everyone! I've added them to the players list in the second post of this thread. I of wrote one myself for Emperor, but if he for some reason submits his own, of course I'll use that.

Turn 31 cometh!
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 31: Zombie Murder and Jetpacks
« Reply #256 on: April 29, 2009, 04:18:52 pm »

Not much really happened this turn. Other than of course the death of the poor Zombiebot. I think he's about the 8th robot to die so far(if you count all the wasps/BEES as only one bot that is).

Magic?

You forgot to submit an action! I’ll just assume that last part means you want to work on your mental powers.
You try to improve in your mental abilities. |You tried to take control of a small plant in the swamp mentally, but nothing happens. You realize that plants aren’t controllable by your powers.

I'll use my movement roll bonus and keep JUMPING forward. Ninja-style of course.
|You ninja ahead at a goodly speed, and you pass by the barrel full of swords as you do so. You get to 380m and stop. You can see the puzzle wall blocking the way ahead from here.

As for right now, I guess I'm going to finish repairing that robot using the bonus I hope I just earned with that bio.
You continue working on the Earthbot using your tool hands. |You finish working fixing up the Earthbot, then you realize that you could make great improvements to the body, ones that would match the improvements you made to the programming. |You start smashing the Earthbot up, so that you can add in a rocketpack. |You realize that there’s nothing you could make a rocketpack out of after a few swings of your hammer hands, so you stop. The Earthbot now has a few cracks in it’s back.

Wall-run forward, jump and slash at Emperor.

|You keep on wallrunning forward! You get a little tired after a while, so you stop and rest for a second at 500m.

Emperor: Autorun
|Emperor carries on with his mad running. He trips at 530m, and so he stops there. His eyes appear very glazed to the television audience.

WaspSwarm: At 150m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). The swarm gets two attacks per turn, but gets -1 accuracy with the second attack. Speedy(+1 to movement rolls). The swarm has been resurrected from the dead.
The Waspswarm again tries to calm the mini assault bot down. |Their yelling at him to stop don’t help the matter at all, and only make him even more angry!(He gets +1 damage this turn) The wasps decide that peace is a lost cause.

Mini Assault Robot: At 150m, sitting on the ruined nest. Gets +1 accuracy. Hostile towards the waspswarm, and vice versa.
The bot fires a mini laser at the waspswarm.|He misses completely in his anger, and he hits a shiny piece of wall instead! |The laser somehow hits at such an angle that it flies at the waspswarm! | |The lasers hit a few of the wasps, but the laser lost a lot of it’s energy when it hit the wall, so none are harmed.

Robotic Zombie: At 280m. Using a grabbing attack, and gets +2 accuracy if it has a hold on an enemy. Causes plague rolls with successful bite attacks. A slave of Aussie. Will take damage from swamp starting next turn.
| |The zombiebot got caught by the leg by a man-eating plants vine, and he got dragged into the maw of the fearsome vegetation. The plant chews him up, then spits out his head.

Killer Earth Robot: At 400m. Currently shut down. A slave of Shoruke. Possesses superior programming, of some kind, as well as some cracks in his back.(Opponents get +1 damage with accuracy rolls of 4,5, or 6)
He’s good to go now that he’s been repaired by Shoruke. (Turning him on is a free action, with no roll needed even!)

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 12:34:08 am by R1ck »

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 31: Zombie Murder and Jetpacks
« Reply #257 on: April 29, 2009, 04:40:33 pm »

I'll attempt to BUILD A SENTRY (TF2 for the win) at my current loaction using my Defib Gun that is auto programmed to shoot my enemies (read:AussieGuy) as they pass the loaction. For this action, I will use my one-time bonus to help me engineer the SENTRY GUN.

how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 29, 2009, 05:35:11 pm »

Whoops sorry bout that.

I Command my wasps to attack the assult robot and i (using my bonus) fly forward

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 29, 2009, 05:40:32 pm »

I want my +1 to anything bonus  :'(

I'm going to turn the globebot on, solve the puzzle, and depending on how much you'll let me get away with doing, repair the bot again and start jogging forward. If I get a sudden event I'm using my sudden event bonus on it.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 29, 2009, 05:44:20 pm »

I want my +1 to anything bonus  :'(

I'm going to turn the globebot on, solve the puzzle, and depending on how much you'll let me get away with doing, repair the bot again and start jogging forward. If I get a sudden event I'm using my sudden event bonus on it.
You yourself specified that you wanted to use your bonus to help in your repair roll. It is the 3rd +1 in that roll. Of course, everything would have turned out better if you hadn't used the bonus...

As to your turn, you're only going to be able to turn on the globebot and solve the puzzle.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 29, 2009, 06:31:29 pm »

Ohhhh. It all makes sense now. Although I curse my luck for getting a good roll THE ONE TIME I used the bonus.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 30, 2009, 12:09:26 am »

I see by my location in the points of interest....

I've won.

5.3 times.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 30, 2009, 12:33:50 am »

I see by my location in the points of interest....

I've won.

5.3 times.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hmmm...Thanks for catching that. Fixed!

Seriously though, your character has zero chance of actually winning, but it'll be interesting to see how far he can get before being taken in and being found to be mentally insane. Only the almighty red die will tell.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 30, 2009, 12:40:09 am »

Um...

Well I now run forward without my glazed eyes.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 30, 2009, 11:57:03 am »

Wall-run again, attack Emperor if I catch up with him.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 32: Epic robots rule!
« Reply #266 on: April 30, 2009, 06:42:28 pm »

This turn gave good luck to everyone, pretty much.

I'll attempt to BUILD A SENTRY (TF2 for the win) at my current loaction using my Defib Gun that is auto programmed to shoot my enemies (read:AussieGuy) as they pass the loaction. For this action, I will use my one-time bonus to help me engineer the SENTRY GUN.
You try to look around for some stuff that you could make a sentry gun out of. |You don’t find anything, but you remember about the sword barrel 30m back, so you run back to it and start incorporating your Defib gun into it. |After a long time of crafting, you create the Stunning Sword Sentry Gun! (See it’s turn below for it’s stats). You feel more experienced at combining things together.

I Command my wasps to attack the assult robot and i (using my bonus) fly forward
You tell your wasps to attack the robot with all their might, and then you float up into the air and start flying. |You fly ultrafast, and Katsuun went by in a blur for you. You keep rocketing forward, but when you see the puzzle wall up ahead you start slowing down, and you land right before the door perfectly. |You notice a piece of paper sitting on the ground, so you pick it up and look at it. |It’s coupons for a hardware store, one of the construction workers who worked on the hallway must have dropped it.

You turn on the globebot. You hear motors whirring, and all sorts of beeps, then the globebot opens it eyes. “What is your command master?” It inquires. You ask about it’s abilities, and it tells you all that it knows of. After listening to it’s full report, you turn to the puzzle wall and try to figure out how to put it together. |As you’re trying to think the globebot keeps repeating it’s abilities over and over again, and you can’t think straight. You tell it to stop talking, and it becomes quiet.

Well I now run forward without my glazed eyes.
You shake your head vigorously, and you feel like you’ve shaken off the madness, at least for awhile. You still keep going forward though. |You break into a sprint, and you simply eat up the ground between you and the finish line. You soon come to a high metal wall that almost reaches to the ceiling at 600m. You notice a panel with a single red button on it attached to the wall in front of you. You think you can see something long sitting on top of the wall too, but you’re not too sure.   

Wall-run again, attack Emperor if I catch up with him.
|Just as you’re building up speed to wallrun again, you trip, and go flying! |Your previously undiscovered acrobatic ability flares up again, and you turn the fall into a nice land and roll. You straighten up and find that you still got to 510m. 

WaspSwarm: At 150m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). The swarm gets two attacks per turn, but gets -1 accuracy with the second attack. Speedy(+1 to movement rolls). The swarm has been resurrected from the dead. Dizzy for one turn.(-1 to accuracy rolls)
The wasps attack the mini assault robot unabashedly! |They missed on their first run, but they try again to destroy the bot. |The mini assault robot jumped out of the way, so the wasps hit the ruined nest at a very high speed! | The wasps got pretty shaken up, mostly because the nest didn’t crumple very much upon their impact.

Mini Assault Robot: At 150m. Gets +1 accuracy. Hostile towards the waspswarm, and vice versa.
He attacks the vulnerable wasps with his machine gun again! |DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! The bullets hit the wasps dead on! |Bizarrely, the wasps aren’t even dented. You’d almost think they have a character shield or something.

Killer Earth Robot: At 400m. It doesn't do anything if it doesn't get a command from Shoruke, but it can hear his commands no matter where he is. Gets +2 to movement rolls. Gets +1 to accuracy and damage rolls. It's back is very cracked(enemies get +1 damage with accuracy rolls of 4,5 or 6.
The killer earth robot does nothing, because he received no command from Shoruke.

Stunning Sword Sentry Gun: At 250m. It attacks by firing electrified swords at Katsuun’s enemies. Accuracy rolls of 3, 4, 5, or 6 cause stunning rolls, and accuracy rolls of 4,5, or 6 cause damage rolls, sword effect rolls, and possibly critical rolls in addition to a stunning roll. The gun can’t move itself, and it’s pretty heavy so moving it requires a strength roll.
The gun sees no enemies, so it does nothing.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

Chance Time! Yes, chance, not challenge.
Pick a card, any card.
I will draw a card from a deck and whoever gets closest(numerically) to the selected card gets +1 to a luck roll for a bonus. Aces are high.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 32: Epic robots rule!
« Reply #267 on: April 30, 2009, 06:59:05 pm »

I order the globe-bot to attack Aussie, and use my 1-time challenge bonus to open up the puzzle door.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 30, 2009, 10:53:29 pm »

I command my wasps to not give up hope and attack again!!

I use my bee blow gun to attack the bot thingo twice

Whats this for..you have started a war!!!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 01, 2009, 12:09:35 am »

Punch the button.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31