Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 42191 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 32: Epic robots rule!
« Reply #270 on: May 01, 2009, 02:50:24 am »

Card: 9

Wall-run again, I need to catch up with Emperor!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 01, 2009, 02:56:40 am »

Card: 13

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 01, 2009, 06:10:12 am »

Card:6.

I'll pick up mah Sentry Gun and ninja jump forward again. I'll try to somhow attach the gun to my head, so it will fire at my enemies (read:Aussie) when I pass them.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 01, 2009, 04:06:36 pm »

Oh right, a card. I'll pick 5.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 01, 2009, 04:47:50 pm »

card 1

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 33: Non-Mortal Combat
« Reply #275 on: May 02, 2009, 12:20:30 am »

Starting from this turn, I'm normalizing exactly what gets hit with a 4 on accuracy. I'll use two hidden coin flips to determine just what limb gets hit. Of course, with creatures with more that one limb, multiple coin flips will be required.

I'll pick up mah Sentry Gun and ninja jump forward again. I'll try to somhow attach the gun to my head, so it will fire at my enemies (read:Aussie) when I pass them.
You try to lift the sentry gun. |You can lift the gun a little bit, but it tires you quickly and you recognize that you would never be able to ninja jump and carry it at the same time. You do however realize that since the gun is based in a barrel, you could just roll it along with you.

I command my wasps to not give up hope and attack again!!

I use my bee blow gun to attack the bot thingo twice

You tell your wasps mentally to keep attacking, then you ready your BEE blow gun. You fire a shot at the killer earth bot! |The bot is hit right in the eye, but |the small BEE projectile doesn’t do any damage. You spit another round at the bot! |You hit it’s left leg, and | |the leg is broken in half, but the globebot will still be able to roll around alright.

I order the globe-bot to attack Aussie, and use my 1-time challenge bonus to open up the puzzle door.
You tell your globe bot to attack Aussie, then you turn to the door and try to figure it out again.|You soon figure out just what you have to do, and you slide the pieces together so that they make the show's logo. The door opens upwards again, but the ticking sound resumes.

Wall-run again, I need to catch up with Emperor!
|You feel good after your successful gymnastics, and you translate the good feeling into fast wall running. You almost fly along the surface of the wall, and you soon get to 590m, but 10m away from Emperor and the steel wall.

Punch the button.
You slam the button with your fist. |You see a red toy mouse come out of a nearby mousehole. Nothing else happens.

WaspSwarm: At 150m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). The swarm gets two attacks per turn, but gets -1 accuracy with the second attack. Speedy(+1 to movement rolls). The swarm has been resurrected from the dead.
The wasps attack the mini assault robot with renewed vigour! |The bot couldn’t react in time, so he’s hit in the chest by many wasps. |Just as the wasps were about to sting though, the bot pulls off a crazy jump, and so all the wasps fall off. They regroup for another attack, and strike! |The wasps strike him stinger first in his right arm and |the arm gets a little scratched up. The mini bot is really angry now.

Mini Assault Robot: At 150m. Gets +1 accuracy. Hostile towards the waspswarm, and vice versa. Attacks against his right arm get +1 to damage and critical.
The mini assault robot flies straight at the waspswarm with his mini beamsword in hand! |The wasps see him coming though, so they just fly out of the way, and the bots momentum almost carries him into a wall.

Killer Earth Robot: At 400m. It doesn't do anything if it doesn't get a command from Shoruke, but it can hear his commands no matter where he is. Gets +2 to movement rolls. Gets +1 to accuracy and damage rolls. It's back is very cracked(enemies get +1 damage with accuracy rolls of 4,5 or 6. It's left leg is broken(-1 to some rolls)
The killer earth bot tries to roll attack Aussie! |It’s broken leg messed up it’s start a little though, so the aim is quite off. The earthbot will continue to attack Aussie until he is given new orders.

Stunning Sword Sentry Gun: At 250m. It attacks by firing electrified swords at Katsuun’s enemies. Accuracy rolls of 3, 4, 5, or 6 cause stunning rolls, and accuracy rolls of 4,5, or 6 cause damage rolls, sword effect rolls, and possibly critical rolls in addition to a stunning roll. The gun can’t move itself, and it’s pretty heavy so carrying it requires a strength roll.
Do a barrel roll! Seriously, that’s the best way to move the sentry gun around.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

And the card draw is...(drum roll please)...
The 2 of clubs! I guess Aussie won, even though there is no one card. Congrats!
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 33: Non-Mortal Combat
« Reply #276 on: May 02, 2009, 12:26:31 am »

Light fireworks, throw fireworks at Siquo, pick up toy mouse and run forward.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 02, 2009, 01:23:39 am »

Wall-run forward, slam red button, use +1 treasure roll bonus if possible?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 02, 2009, 07:12:13 am »

I attempt to further modify the barrel so I can fit in it, then I ROLL it forward. With me in it, if the first part worked.

Sans context.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 02, 2009, 10:09:38 am »

Leaving the globe-bot to deal with Aussie (why does a sphere have legs?), I run forward, switching between my billyclub and my normal hands just for practice.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 02, 2009, 10:27:38 am »

Turn comments time!

Light fireworks, throw fireworks at Siquo, pick up toy mouse and run forward.
It's nice to see that you're back in the game, but keep in mind that the steel wall is still in your way.

I attempt to further modify the barrel so I can fit in it, then I ROLL it forward. With me in it, if the first part worked.
The barrel is still full of swords, remember? Maybe after the sentry gun has used up some of them you'll be able to do that.

Leaving the globe-bot to deal with Aussie (why does a sphere have legs?), I run forward, switching between my billyclub and my normal hands just for practice.
The sphere has legs because it used to use a claw attack before you reprogrammed it. It's pretty hard to claw something when you're rolling around.

Unless Aussie posts an action within the next 1 and a half hours, there won't be a turn until about 20 o'clock forum time.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 02, 2009, 11:20:50 am »

Goddamn it. I just roll the barrel forward then.

Sans context.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 02, 2009, 05:19:57 pm »

I fly forward through the door

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 02, 2009, 06:48:05 pm »

Change turn to:

Light fireworks, throw fireworks at Siquo, pick up toy mouse, investigate toy mouse.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 34: Injuries come out of the woodwork
« Reply #284 on: May 02, 2009, 08:18:41 pm »

Originally, with the fireworks hitting Siquo, I forgot to put in the -1 to damage and critical. Boy did that make a difference.

Goddamn it. I just roll the barrel forward then.
You try to roll the barrel forward with you.|You don’t really get the hang of it, and you almost make the barrel crash into a wall a few times. You still got to 360m though.

I fly forward through the door
You ignore the hostile earthbot, and you keep flying using your mental powers. |You fly forward to 450m.

|You are about to keep running forward when |a hatch in the roof opens, and a large wooden box falls out of it and lands beside you. You use your tool hands to open the box, and inside you find |an 80’s bot! That is, a robot that has a metal fro, rollerskates, and a combat yo-yo. The bot skates out of the box past you, then it stops and puts on some sunglasses in a cool manner.

Wall-run forward, slam red button, use +1 treasure roll bonus if possible?
|You decide that wall running for only 10m would be a bit of a waste, so you just walk up to the puzzle door. You slam the red button with your palm! |You hear a squeak behind you, and you turn to see a large red mechanical rat coming out of a mousehole in the wall. It doesn’t look hostile right now, but you see that it has some large sharp front teeth. It starts running around in a random pattern.

Light fireworks, throw fireworks at Siquo, pick up toy mouse, investigate toy mouse.
You light the your fireworks using the matches in your pocket, then you throw them at Siquo! |Somehow, just as you’re throwing, they slip out of your hands, and they fly into the air! |They bounce off the roof, and start heading towards Siquo. |The fireworks explode just as they hit Siquo! | | |Oooh…Ah…The fireworks cause Siquo to fly into a wall, and he hits it head first and gets a concussion.

As for yourself, you got yourself deaf and blind from looking at the fireworks with your naked eye. It’s only temporary though.

WaspSwarm: At 150m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). The swarm gets two attacks per turn, but gets -1 accuracy with the second attack. Speedy(+1 to movement rolls). The swarm has been resurrected from the dead.
Attack!!! |Wow the wasps suck at this. They miss the mini bot again. They line up for a second attack though, and charge! |The wasps hit him in the right leg and |the bot’s leg is deeply cut just like his right arm.

Mini Assault Robot: At 150m. Gets +1 accuracy. Hostile towards the waspswarm, and vice versa. Attacks against his right arm or right leg get +1 to damage and critical.
The mini assault robot attacks with a laser/machine gun attack. |The bullets fire to the right of the waspswarm, and the lasers fly to the left. The mini bot starts swearing under his breath.

Killer Earth Robot: At 450m. It doesn't do anything if it doesn't get a command from Shoruke, but it can hear his commands no matter where he is. Gets +2 to movement rolls. Gets +1 to accuracy and damage rolls. It's back is very cracked(enemies get +1 damage with accuracy rolls of 4,5 or 6. It's left leg is broken(-1 to some rolls)
He rolls after Aussie! |He soon catches up to Aussie with his wild, wild rolling. He will chase Aussie to the ends of the earth!

Stunning Sword Sentry Gun: At 360m. It attacks by firing electrified swords at Katsuun’s enemies. Accuracy rolls of 3, 4, 5, or 6 cause stunning rolls, and accuracy rolls of 4,5, or 6 cause damage rolls, sword effect rolls, and possibly critical rolls in addition to a stunning roll. The gun can’t move itself, and it’s pretty heavy so carrying it requires a strength roll.
The guns systems are a bit dizzy from all the rolling.

80’s Bot: At 400m. Possesses a metal fro, Sunglasses(+1 to coolness rolls), rollerskates(+1 to movement rolls), and a combat yo-yo(gets +1 to critical). It also has an innate coolness about it which can protect it from serious injuries.
The 80’s bot attacks Shoruke with his yo-yo! |Shoruke is hit right in the forehead and | |he gets a bad concussion and falls unconscious. The 80’s bot deactivates, then the medics take Shoruke back to the medical clinic. |Amazingly, the doctors find Shoruke is almost perfectly fine, and he’ll be able to be released in one turn.

---: |

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

Hmm...Now what to have for a challenge this time... I know! Wikilinking! (or whatever it's called)
Post a way to get from the wikipedia article "game" to the article "Super Smash Bros." by only clicking on hyperlinks in the wiki itself.
The first person to post a path that requires the traversal of 6 pages or less gets 2 experience points to a selected skill.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 08:22:52 pm by R1ck »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31