Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 42327 times)

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 40: Introducing...
« Reply #360 on: May 24, 2009, 07:11:27 pm »

Maybe they're scared of what I'm preparing to unleash.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 25, 2009, 03:15:39 pm »

Wait, what would I be holding then?
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 25, 2009, 05:59:16 pm »

Wait, what would I be holding then?
Hmmm... I guess now that I think about you can carry both the med kit and the staff. You could have the silver shield on your right arm, carry the staff in your right hand, have the guitar around your neck, carry the med kit in your left hand, and carry the needle in your pocket. It probably wouldn't work in real life, but I guess I'll let it work here.

In other news, who thinks that I should open up a can of THE ACTION POSTING RULE on Shoruke and Aussie? If three people(players or otherwise) say I should, then as soon as the third person agrees, anyone can post an action for them to do. Otherwise, I'll just invoke the rule tomorrow.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 25, 2009, 10:06:24 pm »

Whewf, I'm in time.

...Keep running forward. Yeaaaah. And I command the globebot to try and catch up to me.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 26, 2009, 01:10:57 am »

WOOO! this is back. I wake up.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 01:13:51 am by AussieGuy »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 26, 2009, 02:44:02 am »

"Thanks for staying with us during the messages of our sponsors, people! All our contestants are anxious to get going, so let's see how much more pain and humiliation they can endure! Don't forget to vote for your favourite contestant, just call the number below!"

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 26, 2009, 06:23:02 am »

In that case pick up the med kit and KEEP ROLLING.

Sans context.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 26, 2009, 04:21:58 pm »

Ah, finally, everyone's posted an action. Excellent. Turn 41 is coming right up!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 41: Boring turn is boring
« Reply #368 on: May 26, 2009, 05:22:13 pm »

I might have made some errors in this one, so watch out!

I do a victory dance for the viewers at home.
You do a victory dance for all the people cheering you on around the world. |Your dance is filled with style and flair, and your fans across the planet and in space positively love it. You feel more experienced at dancing.

I search for cats.
|You try to find some cats for whatever reason. |During your search, you find a part of the wall that looks a little different. You lean in closer to look, and it flips upwards! |The flipping piece of metal hits you in the right hand, |but it only hurts for a second. |Three mechanical tentacles that end in spikes come slowly out of the wall, and they wave around a bit.

In that case pick up the med kit and KEEP ROLLING.
You pick up the med kit in your left hand, then you try to keep on moving with your sentry gun. …|The fact that your hands are full hinders your efforts, so you only go 10m. You’re now at 560m.

...Keep running forward. Yeaaaah. And I command the globebot to try and catch up to me.
You use the connection with your robot to tell it to come to you. You then keep on going. |Pretty quickly, you get to the steel wall at 600m. You see a red toy mouse rolling around, a small mechanical rat running around, and a large red button on the wall.

Jump onto the mat and keep runing.
You try to jump down onto the mat ahead of you. |Your broken right foot hinders you jump onto the mat a little, but it’s still quite a good jump. You land safely on the mat then get up.   

Jump on the mat, and wallrun forward! Steal back my bonus that I was using and use it again for the first treasure roll that comes on my path. Also, flip a finger at Shoruke even though she can't see me.
You try to imitate Emperor in his excellent jump. |Your jump is pitiful, and you don’t jump fall enough to land on the mat. You brace yourself for impact with the floor…|You land in a not too painful manner on the ground.

WOOO! this is back. I wake up.
You try to wake up from you light sleep. |Your body is still quite tired from your mental expenditure before, so you fail, and instead fall a little deeper into dreamworld.

Waspswarm:At 150m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). Simply Decimated(-1 to accuracy and damage and some other rolls).
|The wasps shake themselves out of their stupor, then they decide what to do. |The wasps get the brilliant idea that they could lure the metal slime onto the pressure plate at 200m. |The wasps buzz past the slime, and continue on to 200m.

Steel Slime: At 150m. Enemies get -1 to damage and critical against it.
The slime jumps after the wasps. |He’s very fast for his weight, and so he soon catches up to the wasps at 200m.

Killer Earth Robot: At 450m. It doesn't do anything if it doesn't get a command from Shoruke, but it can hear his commands no matter where he is. Gets +2 to movement rolls. Gets +1 to accuracy and damage rolls. It's back is very cracked(enemies get +1 damage with accuracy rolls of 4,5 or 6. It's left leg is broken(-1 to some rolls)
The killer earth robot hears Shoruke’s command, and so rolls forward. |It’s still a bit tired from all the fighting, so it doesn’t go at it’s maximum speed. It got to 480m.

Stunning Sword Sentry Gun: At 550m. It attacks by firing electrified swords at Katsuun’s enemies. Accuracy rolls of 3, 4, 5, or 6 cause stunning rolls, and accuracy rolls of 4,5, or 6 cause damage rolls, sword effect rolls, and possibly critical rolls in addition to a stunning roll. The gun can’t move itself, and it’s pretty heavy so carrying it requires a strength roll.
ZZZ…

???: Five more mechanical tentacles come out of the wall, and then all eight work to get free and reveal that they all connected to a metallic squid. The squid stands on it’s tentacles, and observes Vlynndar and Serephe with it’s large red eyes.

Medical Clinic Staff: In the medical clinic.
The nurses watch Aussie carefully for any signs of wakefulness. They see none.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

Nobody's won the last challenge yet, so I'll give everyone a few clues.
1. The movie that I'm looking for is a animated movie, and a rather popular one at that.
2. Reading through the wikipedia article on "20,000 leagues under the sea" will almost certainly help you to come up with the answer.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 05:27:03 pm by R1ck »

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 41: Boring turn is boring
« Reply #369 on: May 26, 2009, 05:29:14 pm »

Just keep rolin', and rollin' and rollin'

Sans context.

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 26, 2009, 06:07:49 pm »

The funny looking cat (the squid) is useless to me, as it is mechanical. Not my specialty at all. I ignore it and attempt to move forward. I'm sure Vlynndar can entertain it with his dancing, anyway.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 26, 2009, 07:13:20 pm »

Heal foot. Then run forward.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 27, 2009, 12:26:22 am »

i try once again to wake up *yawn*

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 27, 2009, 01:48:27 am »

Finding nemo. It was so obvious, even.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 27, 2009, 01:49:57 am »

Shit you ninja'd just before me!

AHwell, wallrun forward.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31