Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

Author Topic: RTTF! - Tiebreaker Challenge Part 1, Team Alpha  (Read 42299 times)

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Re: Race to the Finish! Turn 43: All odd things come in threes
« Reply #405 on: June 04, 2009, 02:54:19 pm »

The 80’s bot’s face is completely messed up, it’s sunglasses are broken, and only one of it’s eyes work anymore. You feel that the only reason it survived at all is because it’s just so cool.

If that ain't Terminator then I don't know what is.
Sorry, no point.

Quote from:  Turn 14
You once again attempt to swing from the cameras like tarzan.
Tarzan.
Quote from:  Turn 17
you access the internet through Blazefox.
Firefox.
Quote from:  Turn 26
You fall into a strange world of shadows, a world of pure darkness where monsters roam black hills and tulgey forests.
Jabberwocky. Tulgey forests?

Then there are the tf2ish sentry gun and some other references not by you.

Feels weird doing this.
That will be three points for team alpha.

Oh!

My beamsword: Star Wars

The Water of Demons: DF

Shoruke's toolhands: Inspector Gadget.
That will be three points for team beta.

Good going you guys, you managed to tie the game at 5 each! I'll now accept ideas for a tiebreaker challenge, one in which all of the players must participate in order for their team to win. Also, I'm changing the bonus to 1 +2 bonus to anything for everyone on the winning team. It's more fun.

Aussieguy, where art thou?
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 04, 2009, 05:37:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TVtropes.org got the metal slime reference from Dragon Quest. I WANT MY POINT DAMMIT!

Page 2: "a door in the wall appears and a rabid cat robot jumps out!"
ADOM reference to the rabid dog.

Turn 3: "Inside, you find a glowing green orb of some sort."
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. You pick up experience crystals that the enemies drop.
Or, if not, it's an FF7 reference to materia.

Turn 4: "You open it, and find a beam sword inside!"
Super Smash Bros. The beam sword, duh.

Turn 4: "The orc is hit in the head!"
That sounds a LOT like DF adventure mode...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 06:07:32 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 04, 2009, 06:39:37 pm »

Yo, Shoruke, didn't you read my last post? The score is tied, and the only thing that can break the tie now is an epic tiebreaker challenge. Nonetheless, I will address your attempts to find references.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TVtropes.org got the metal slime reference from Dragon Quest. I WANT MY POINT DAMMIT!
The slime is the steel slime, not the metal slime. Besides, the references don't count if I didn't I do it on purpose. But since I'm in a good mood, I'll give you your point. The score is now:
Team Alpha: 5 points
Team Beta: 5 points
Shoruke: 1 point
Page 2: "a door in the wall appears and a rabid cat robot jumps out!"
ADOM reference to the rabid dog.
It's not a reference to ADOM, though that is a good game.

Turn 3: "Inside, you find a glowing green orb of some sort."
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. You pick up experience crystals that the enemies drop.
Or, if not, it's an FF7 reference to materia.
No, skill spheres are of my own invention.

Turn 4: "You open it, and find a beam sword inside!"
Super Smash Bros. The beam sword, duh.
Yes, that was an obvious reference, huh?

Turn 4: "The orc is hit in the head!"
That sounds a LOT like DF adventure mode...
Yeah, I think I was thinking something along those lines...

Good work everyone finding all those references, now go out a brainstorm up an appropriate tiebreaker!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 04, 2009, 10:33:25 pm »

Musical Challenge? Post some really, REALLY obscure music and see which team can guess the band/compeser/singer/whatever correctly the most times.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 05, 2009, 02:51:42 am »

I liked the drawing-contest. It adds to the atmosphere of the game.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 05, 2009, 07:43:34 am »

I'd like some drawing too, it seemed fun the last time I looked at it.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 05, 2009, 07:50:07 am »

What about using ASCIIDraw?

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 07, 2009, 09:58:28 am »

I've decided that the tiebreaker challenge will be a musical/drawing challenge, and I'll put it up at the end of the next turn post.

We're still waiting for Aussieguy, but I sent him a PM reminding him to post an action.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 07, 2009, 10:01:55 am »

So,
Team alpha: 5
Team Beta: 5
shoruke: 5

What a tie!
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 07, 2009, 03:58:33 pm »

Ackshyully I'm on team Beta. Which makes us the first team to 10 points, which was the original goal for the challenge I believe.

So haven't we won?

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 07, 2009, 06:43:09 pm »

Ackshyully I'm on team Beta. Which makes us the first team to 10 points, which was the original goal for the challenge I believe.

So haven't we won?
How many times do I have to tell you no? The game ended when the total number of points equaled 10, which was before you posted your findings. I have the tiebreaker game all figured up out now, so just you wait now, ya hear?

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 07, 2009, 06:59:52 pm »

sorry i'm late,

I wake the hell up

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 07, 2009, 08:47:51 pm »

So haven't we won?
How many times do I have to tell you no? The game ended when the total number of points equaled 10, which was before you posted your findings. I have the tiebreaker game all figured up out now, so just you wait now, ya hear?

Oh. The total. My bad. I thought it was 1st team to 10 points wins.

I'ma hush till the challenge and/or turn comes out now.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 08, 2009, 03:40:32 am »

I'm not! Turn! Now! Gimmegimmegimme!  ;)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Race to the Finish! Turn 44: Lady luck graces the turn
« Reply #419 on: June 08, 2009, 11:38:29 pm »

Finally, a turn has arisen!

I ACTIVATE MAH SENTRY GUN TO FIRE UPON THE FLEAS.
|Your bleeding suddenly intensifies! You are now heavily bleeding!(-2 to bleeding roll). You command your sentry gun to keep firing upon the mechanical fleas. |Your command is so persuasive, the sentry gun will get +1 to accuracy this turn!

"Huh. I'm having an out-of-body epiphany." And then I proceed to slam both of the rats I'm holding against the wall repeatedly to kill them. Hopefully at least one of them dies, and if so I'll just make my pleasant way over.
You slam the mechanical the toy mouse against the wall! |Your strength is insufficient, but it’s still in your grasp at least. You try to smash the mechanical rat next. |Smmaaa….ssshhh! The rat is smashed into pieces!

The funny looking metal not-cat again, huh. It seems it won't let me escape so easily.

I yell at the squid and try to disable(kill) it by kicking it in the head.

|You yell at the non-cat, then you try to disable it by kicking it in the head. |You trip a little on your approach, but you don’t quite fall down.

I then pick up the squid and slam it into the red button.

You try to pick up the squid by one of it’s tentacles. |You get on good hold on you of the tentacles, but before you can do anything, the squid uses it’s massive strength you swing you into the wall. |You wisely let go while it was still swinging though, and you fly away, then land and roll away.

Wear shoes, run forward.

You put on the pair of Assassin 9000 shoes. They are extremely comfortable, and your foot feels good again. You try to run forward in your new shoes. | As your still stretching in preparation, you hear the plastic box close behind you again. You ponder at the strange occurrence, then you open the box again. | |You find a small mysterious flashlight which has a green light filter on it. It probably wouldn’t be very good at lighting up dark places.

I go into the light through the black door, see what's there. (With treasure rolls like that it should be SOMETHING!)

As soon as your vision starts to return, you look carefully at where the light was coming from. You find a green lava lamp, and you wonder at this weird finding. You feel some sort of great power exuding from it though.

I wake the hell up
You once again try to wake up from your slumber. |You finally get yourself out of dreamworld, and you get up feeling refreshed mentally from your long sleep.

Waspswarm:At 220m. Loyal to Aussie. Intelligent(+1 to thinking what to do rolls). Simply Decimated(-1 to accuracy and damage and some other rolls).
The wasps try to figure out what they should do now. |The wasps decide to continue onwards, despite their tiredness. |They don’t get very far, only to 220m.

Killer Earth Robot: At 600m. It doesn't do anything if it doesn't get a command from Shoruke, but it can hear his commands no matter where he is. Gets +2 to movement rolls. Gets +1 to accuracy and damage rolls. It's back is very cracked(enemies get +1 damage with accuracy rolls of 4,5 or 6. It's left leg is broken(-1 to some rolls)
|The earthbot rolls forward at a great rate, but it still manages to stop itself from crashing into the wall at 600m. |The earthbot suddenly senses something beneath the floor, and it finds and opens up a well hidden hatch leading into a dark place. |A glass ball flies out of the hole, but it doesn’t break when it hits the ground. The ball is filled with a glowing indigo fluid.

Mechanical Fleas: At 590m. They get +1 to critical, accuracy, and movement rolls. Greatly Stunned(-1 to becoming unstunned for 2 turns), Stunned(For 4 turns)
The mechanical fleas try to become unstunned. |They can’t even move very well yet.

Stunning Sword Sentry Gun: At 590m. It attacks by firing electrified swords at Katsuun’s enemies. Accuracy rolls of 3, 4, 5, or 6 cause stunning rolls, and accuracy rolls of 4,5, or 6 cause damage rolls, sword effect rolls, and possibly critical rolls in addition to a stunning roll. The gun can’t move itself, and it’s pretty heavy so carrying it requires a strength roll.
The sentry gun fires another electrified sword at the mechanical fleas! |The sword strikes right in the midst of the helpless fleas, | | |and the razor sharp sword kills quite a few of the fleas. Most of them were spared though. |The sword sends out powerful electric shocks, and the fleas are greatly stunned. Unfortunately, Katsuun was also stunned(for 1 turn).

Mechanical Squid: At 600m. Gets 2 attacks per turn. Enemies get -1 to damage against it.
The squid attacks Serephe with a mad tentacle attack! |The squid misses by a bit with his attack because serephe dodged, so he attacks Vlynndar! |Vlynndar is hit in the left leg by a tentacle, |but he isn’t even bruised by the weak attack.

***: The ladder on top of the wall at 600m once again rotates, then falls down. |It's heading right for |Vlynndar! |It hits him right in the head, ||and he suddenly develops a splitting headache, then falls unconscious. He should be okay after a bit of rest though.

Medical Clinic Staff: In the medical clinic.
They will release Aussie at the beginning of next turn since he finally woke up.

Spoiler: Statuses after turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)

You know what, the game I've devised is so complex, I'm going to have to put the full rules and such in another post.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31