Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 152

Author Topic: Prospector, a roguelike in development  (Read 275965 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prospector, a roguelike in development
« Reply #1860 on: October 26, 2011, 02:05:33 am »

I had an idea. What if when you visited a station or colony, every one of your crew members (and maybe you) had a very small chance to fall in love with a local (opposite sex) ...

I don't think a game as non-mainstream as this has to worry about taking flack for having non-heteronormative relationships, if anything like that was added.  Besides, what if one of your crewmembers is a hermaphroditic plant-person or something?

Some bit is opposite some other bit. No problems here
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Danaru

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% Manly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: October 27, 2011, 12:07:35 am »

Just started a new game, and almost immediately found an abandoned 4th tier heavy explorer drifting around, full of angry living mushrooms.

I surrounded myself with a cloud of red shirts and blasted apart the mushrooms one room at a time (if you leave doors open, they reproduce and refill the rooms you already cleared  :(). At one point I got a bonus for bringing 101 bioscans at once just from the mushroom corpses on one of my red-shirt reload trips.

So I cleared out every room, and rechecked every room a dozen times, but when I try to take control of the ship, it keeps telling me I better make sure the ship is really abandonned before taking it.

There's nothing in this ship apart from my crew that ISN'T plastered all over the wall. I recleared the ship so many times I can navigate it with my eyes closed, any ideas on why I can't take it?

EDIT: SOMEHOW something must have been constantly avoiding me, because I opened every door and blew a hole in the hull using a mining drill, and I was suddenly able to take over the ship.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 01:18:17 am by Danaru »
Odd how "Experiment" in DF is often synonymous with "Raging inferno of death and dispair"

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: October 27, 2011, 02:41:30 am »

Just started a new game, and almost immediately found an abandoned 4th tier heavy explorer drifting around, full of angry living mushrooms.

I surrounded myself with a cloud of red shirts and blasted apart the mushrooms one room at a time (if you leave doors open, they reproduce and refill the rooms you already cleared  :(). At one point I got a bonus for bringing 101 bioscans at once just from the mushroom corpses on one of my red-shirt reload trips.

So I cleared out every room, and rechecked every room a dozen times, but when I try to take control of the ship, it keeps telling me I better make sure the ship is really abandonned before taking it.

There's nothing in this ship apart from my crew that ISN'T plastered all over the wall. I recleared the ship so many times I can navigate it with my eyes closed, any ideas on why I can't take it?

EDIT: SOMEHOW something must have been constantly avoiding me, because I opened every door and blew a hole in the hull using a mining drill, and I was suddenly able to take over the ship.

Ouch. You should've drilled through the hull in the first place... no need to fight them with waves of red shirts. Those poor red shirts.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: November 01, 2011, 11:49:10 am »

Any cheats for the game ?Or any way to edit the savegames ?I would love to dick around with some thingies

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: November 01, 2011, 11:52:11 am »

You splattered fungus all over the walls. Wouldn't that technically make more of them?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: November 01, 2011, 12:04:33 pm »

Any cheats for the game ?Or any way to edit the savegames ?I would love to dick around with some thingies

You can cheat money with cheatengine or artmoney.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: November 01, 2011, 12:15:10 pm »

Can you please explain how to ?
I do use cheat engine quite alot so i could guess i just descrease it and find the address ?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: November 01, 2011, 12:35:59 pm »

I do use cheat engine quite alot so i could guess i just descrease it and find the address ?

Find, decrease or increase, then filter. It's pretty basic usage of the software. I don't remember if it's a float or integer as I haven't used it in awhile.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: November 01, 2011, 12:52:50 pm »

Find, decrease or increase, then filter. It's pretty basic usage of the software. I don't remember if it's a float or integer as I haven't used it in awhile.
Cheers mate i cheated my way :D

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: November 29, 2011, 10:28:38 pm »

I found a Heavy Explorer sitting on a planet. I fixed it up and flew away with it, then, when I was going to a station I hadn't explored, I found a real treasure,
Problem is, it has traps. And robots. Robots with disintegrators. I have no armor.

Luckily, it's dark, so they need to get to almost point-blank to fight, then a single round of gunfire from my crew will kill them. Also,

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: November 29, 2011, 11:33:45 pm »

nevermind

unknown

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: December 26, 2011, 02:47:09 pm »

I'm trying to compile using ArchLinux.

I have the most recent (as of today) svn version.

The following includes were missing in prospector.bas:

Code: [Select]
#include once "fbgfx.bi"
#include once "fmod.bi"
#include once "file.bi"

This only left one compile error:

Code: [Select]
prospector.bas(132) error 41: Variable not declared, gfx in 'gfx.font.loadttf("graphics/plasma01.ttf", TITLEFONT, 32, 128, _screeny/5)'

Is this an error in the code, or some other missing include?

Also, where can I find the resource files?

Thanks!

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: December 26, 2011, 06:58:09 pm »

Do medics still count as 1/2 a doctor level in the current version? It's pretty easy to get level 8 (equivilent) doctoring currently, adding 4 medics would make that level 10'ish. It would explain the pretty much instant regen of my away teams.

And is there much point of red shirts over a combination of squad leaders and snipers? Most of my combat has been at range anyway, so the plusses to-hit seem pretty valuable, especially in early-game while I'm levelling.

It also seems that my crew can be far larger than my ship should be able to hold. It may have been from a version or two ago, but I can hire as many officers as I want, above and beyond crew limits. A level 1 pilot still holds a plasma rifle quite well, and isn't exactly expensive to pay for. Especially when you've got a few level 5/6 pilots on the roster doing the actual flying.
It's a game. Have fun.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: December 26, 2011, 07:03:10 pm »

I forgot to ask

Maglad

magellan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: December 27, 2011, 04:27:32 am »

@unknown
Step by step instructions on how to compile are here
http://prospector.freeforums.org/compile-prospector-in-linux-t265.html
It is though entirely possible that the current uploaded code has bugs/debugging flags on

@sambojin
Medic still equals half a level of doctor.
The hiring more people than there are bunks thing is a bug. Will be fixed in the next version.

@neonivek
Done

I am hoping to have a release before the year ends.
Prospector, my space exploration roguelike:
http://code.google.com/p/rlprospector/
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 152