Change it to a Jester with the loss of the Next Day phase
- 4 (16%)
Remove it entirely
- 9 (36%)
Other (explain)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 117

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion  (Read 134656 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Game - Round 4 rules discussion
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2009, 12:03:34 pm »

Well, I did give both Seeker roles a one-shot scanner starting with Round 4. So whenever those roles show up I guess we'll see how much that helps them.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2009, 11:27:34 pm »

You might wanna edit some of that. It's just barely giving away game information.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2009, 12:43:52 am »

For the really powerful two-slot items, I had these ideas:

Call to the Hive-mind: You use up the remainder of your power to call the all-knowing hive-mind, who tells you everyone's role.

Disease: You are infected with a hyper-evolved space disease that, while you and other aliens are naturally immune to it's symptoms, will infect anyone that interacts with you, minus psychics, who will die the next night. If said person interacts with another person that night, they pass the germ onto that person, who will die the next night, and so on and so forth.

Plasma Bomb: Once per game, can be chosen in lieu of a nightkill, which will kill the target, and anyone interacting with the target, and anyone interacting with them, and so on. (Much like Pandar's Mafia Strongman, from his first ridiculous mafia)

Disease and Plasma Bomb both show strong influences of the Steroid-Fueled Rampage. :3

Hive Mind is just too much though.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2009, 04:00:36 am »

Call to the Hive-mind: You use up the remainder of your power to call the all-knowing hive-mind, who tells you everyone's role.

Disease: You are infected with a hyper-evolved space disease that, while you and other aliens are naturally immune to it's symptoms, will infect anyone that interacts with you, minus psychics, who will die the next night. If said person interacts with another person that night, they pass the germ onto that person, who will die the next night, and so on and so forth.

Plasma Bomb: Once per game, can be chosen in lieu of a nightkill, which will kill the target, and anyone interacting with the target, and anyone interacting with them, and so on. (Much like Pandar's Mafia Strongman, from his first ridiculous mafia)

Disease and Plasma Bomb both show strong influences of the Steroid-Fueled Rampage. :3

Yeah, now that I think about it, with that much information, you could pull off some crazy gambits with near-zero-risk.

How about, instead of all players, you're given the identity of 1/2 (rounding down) of the players, of your choice?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2009, 09:56:05 am »

Yeah, now that I think about it, with that much information, you could pull off some crazy gambits with near-zero-risk.

How about, instead of all players, you're given the identity of 1/2 (rounding down) of the players, of your choice?
How about you're only given the roles and not the players that have them?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2009, 09:59:18 am »

Yeah, I think the list of roles but not who has them would be enough. Just knowing that there is, say, a Warlock but no PWV would be useful.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2009, 03:48:56 pm »

Hive Mind? Sounds like something from Tyranids.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2009, 03:50:51 pm »

You might wanna edit some of that. It's just barely giving away game information.

Nah, I did that before the FIRST attempt at round 4, before I even did the roles for that round. And with the re-do, it says nothing about what's in the current game at all. :P

As for the Hive-mind thing, I'd probably just make it appropriate for the Aliens as I viewed them. Probably some sort of advanced satellite or something.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion
« Reply #113 on: May 27, 2009, 07:22:54 pm »

Since Round 4 can't last much longer, I'm going to start setting up the rules for Round 5. I'll also set up a sign-up thread for Round 5 soon.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 28, 2009, 12:29:05 pm »

What do people think about this idea:

All aliens get to pick from a set of equipment to have with them. Most aliens get 1 item slot, Exterminators get 2 slots. An alien can only have 1 of any given item.

Item list:
  • Personal Shield: Works once as though guarded by the Protector. Will also protect against Morningkills. Takes 1 slot.
  • Holoform Modulator: Works once when investigated, allowing the alien to choose a role and race to show as. Once activated it lasts the entire night but is used up after that. Takes 1 slot.
  • Scanner: Works once as a combination of the Agent and Detective, showing both Race and Role. The scanner bypasses all role effects on investigation (such as the Kook or Dopp Leader). The scanner does not use up the Alien's action, nor does it trigger any responses by the target (such as PWV or Reporter watching a location). Takes 1 slot.
  • Deadman bomb: If the Alien is lynched, he explodes killing two random people near him. If he is night-killed, he kills his attacker. Takes 1 Slot.
  • Assassin bot: Once per game the Alien can use the assassin bot to day-kill another player. This attack cannot be traced back to the Alien. Takes 1 Slot.
  • Intel You begin the game with Intel on the survivors in the town. This gives you a list of all Roles in the game, but not who has them. Takes 2 slots.
  • Plasma Bomb: One use per game, can be chosen in lieu of a nightkill, which will kill the target, and anyone interacting with the target, and anyone interacting with them, and so on. Only effects people physically at that location (so Psychics are fine). Takes 2 slots.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 12:35:46 pm by Mephansteras »
Come play Mafia with us!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 28, 2009, 12:31:18 pm »

1 thing. First two take one slot, correct?

And if I was an exterminator, could I take two deadman bombs? what would happen?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2009, 12:34:09 pm »

Yes. I'll change that.

Actually, I think I'll limit everything to 1. Just makes things cleaner that way.
Come play Mafia with us!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2009, 01:39:14 pm »

Can the deadman bomb be shut off manually for a night? Ala PWV?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2009, 01:42:38 pm »

Yes. I think it should be able to do that.
Come play Mafia with us!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 28, 2009, 03:30:15 pm »

Why, though?

Deadman Bomb only kills people who attack, not people who just scan.

Also, if only the alien can daykill....
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 117