Change it to a Jester with the loss of the Next Day phase
- 4 (16%)
Remove it entirely
- 9 (36%)
Other (explain)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 117

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion  (Read 135088 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion
« Reply #375 on: July 21, 2009, 08:57:01 am »

Hmmmm...yes, he learns the Race of anyone he abducts. I think the Holoform, being alien tech, will still fool him, at least for a night. So if he already has a human, and he grabs an alien with a holoform showing a human, he'll throw them back. If he doesn't have a human, he'd keep the alien until the next night when he'd learn about the trick. At that point, it would depend on whether or not he already had an alien.

Plasma Bomb...I think no. I don't think the Exterminator gets to use any of his toys after being abducted. The scientist would be smart enough to disarm him after capture, and savvy enough tech wise to recognize stuff like a deadman bomb. However, since the Plasma Bomb is pretty big I think I'd rule that the Exterminator wouldn't have it on him. So I'd let his operative use it in his stead if he has one.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 21, 2009, 09:05:59 am »

If a scientist grabs an exterminator, do the controlled dopp or alien operative revert to their "fall-back" objective? (i.e. Help the dopps for the controlled dopp, and survive for the operative?)

Also, with the new rules, is it possible to have more than type of alien? (More than one exterminator, for example?)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 21, 2009, 09:30:37 am »

If a scientist grabs an exterminator, do the controlled dopp or alien operative revert to their "fall-back" objective? (i.e. Help the dopps for the controlled dopp, and survive for the operative?)

Also, with the new rules, is it possible to have more than type of alien? (More than one exterminator, for example?)

There can still only be one of each alien type.

I'd say both the operative and the controlled dopp would try to find and kill the the Alien Scientist if possible to free the Exterminator, but if the scientist leaves with him then, yes, they act as if he is dead. The Controlled Dopp would have to try to get the dopps to kill him, or push for a lynch on him, while the Operative would either have to use his 1 night kill on the scientist or push for a lynch against him. Both after figuring out who it is/probably is, of course.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 21, 2009, 10:02:46 am »

Hey, also, will a Plasma bomb be able to hit a paranoid war vet or the vengeful bodyguard varient without triggering a retaliation?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 21, 2009, 11:04:30 am »

Hey, also, will a Plasma bomb be able to hit a paranoid war vet or the vengeful bodyguard varient without triggering a retaliation?

Yes. The Exterminator triggers it from a distance, so he's never close enough to trigger their attacks.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 21, 2009, 12:02:04 pm »

Ok, as requested:

Perl Script
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Role file (it's a csv)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 21, 2009, 03:29:06 pm »

Had two thoughts this morning. Neither will effect Round 7, of course, but I'm considering them for Round 8.

Kook: The kook will gain the additional effect of talking to himself. That means that a Kook will always show up to the Watcher as having communicated with someone. That should tone down the Watcher's effect on the game just a hair.

New Role:
Goth: Similar to the Kook, the Goth is a normal townie. However, because of their look and actions they will be mistaken by the Agent as a Cultist.
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 21, 2009, 03:35:30 pm »

Goth: Similar to the Kook, the Goth is a normal townie. However, because of their look and actions they will be mistaken by the Agent as a Cultist.

Very good, we need all the counters we can get!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 22, 2009, 06:13:27 am »

Kook: The kook will gain the additional effect of talking to himself. That means that a Kook will always show up to the Watcher as having communicated with someone. That should tone down the Watcher's effect on the game just a hair.

New Role:

I find both of these HILARIOUS.

Does the Goth get Watched as talking to himself when he writes in his LiveJournal? :P
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 22, 2009, 09:17:26 am »

Is that Goth or Emo that has an obsession with LiveJournal?
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 22, 2009, 02:18:30 pm »

Based on some questions from chaoticjosh in Round 7, I had some clarifications and thoughts.

The Mad Scientist's Body Double will save him from the first kill against him, regardless of source. This includes the Warlock and even the Exterminator's Plasma Bomb.

I think for Round 7 it will NOT save him from an Abduction, since the rules don't currently say anything of the sort.

Going forward, it will. However, to make things a little easier on the poor aliens, the Scanner and Intel techs will now provide information on what Gadgets/Tech each player has as well as Race/Role for Scanner and Role for Intel.

Sound good?
Come play Mafia with us!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 22, 2009, 02:44:36 pm »

So now the scanner is slightly superior to the disciple of truth, right?

Also, from the time the assassin bot has made it's debut to round 6, has anyone chosen it?

Also, I think the reason that no one chooses the sentry guns is that they only kill the first person to visit that person, which is bad for both sides. If a dopp chooses it, and both an investigator and a AWV target him, then the sentry kills the investigator, but allows the AWV in to deliver the kill according to the rules.

The sentry only kills one person in the whole game. The assassin bot also only kill only one person in the whole game. Things like the snooperbot or security system are more desirable because they provide a benefit throughout the entire game.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 22, 2009, 02:45:59 pm »

Also, if a "mind control ray" were to successful hit a dopp that was going to perform a kill, could you redirect the kill back at himself, or at another dopp?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 22, 2009, 02:49:53 pm »

So he would eat himself.   :P

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 22, 2009, 02:51:05 pm »

No, you can't direct someone to target themselves (that's not a legal action), but you could target another dopp.

I did improve the sentry gun so that it worked on everyone for a single night, unless it gets attacked and destroyed. Sniper hasn't been chosen yet, but it has been seriously considered by a few people.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 117