Change it to a Jester with the loss of the Next Day phase
- 4 (16%)
Remove it entirely
- 9 (36%)
Other (explain)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 117

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion  (Read 135176 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion
« Reply #390 on: July 22, 2009, 02:51:23 pm »

Also, if a "mind control ray" were to successful hit a dopp that was going to perform a kill, could you redirect the kill back at himself, or at another dopp?

And then by extension, get sick?  Because no matter their tastes for human flesh, dopps aren't cannibals?
For some reason, this discussion is amusing me greatly.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 22, 2009, 02:52:35 pm »

Well, they wouldn't eat the other dopp. They'd just kill them. Same way they don't eat Aliens.

And, yeah, I bet they'd be really mad and upset about it the next day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #392 on: July 22, 2009, 02:53:44 pm »

This is a perfect reason to have a dopp medium though.  So the dopps can eat each other and then continue to yell at each other because of it!

:-D
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #393 on: July 22, 2009, 03:38:54 pm »

For next game... My dream is to spend more time scumhunting than investigating a setup...  ::)
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 22, 2009, 03:42:06 pm »

The setup for next game should be pretty similar to this round. I don't imagine there will be many changes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 22, 2009, 10:49:33 pm »

Assassin Bot is half-useless because it's a one-shot, and I'd rather take a 1shot shield than a 1shot extra kill.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 22, 2009, 10:58:54 pm »

So people feel the Assassin bot would be better if it had more charges?
Come play Mafia with us!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 22, 2009, 11:12:02 pm »

Assassin bot should be day or night, if it isn't already. I also think we haven't seen anybody take it because it works better in small games as opposed to the other options which are better for large games.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 23, 2009, 01:54:18 am »

The Assassin Bot is a DayKiller. That, by itself, is its beauty. It bypasses Doctor protection that could occur at night, and it is untracable. This is something very powerful...except Aliens has access to other more useful tools. How about making the Assasin Bot cheaper, or allowing the Alien to use two assassin bots, once per day?

Only the Exterminator would consider using the Assasin Bot though.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 23, 2009, 06:53:49 am »

Maybe we should create "half-slot" items? Or double the number of slots of each alien as well as the value of every item now (i.e. Holoform modulator = 2/4 slots, Intel = 4/4 slots) and add some new 1-slot items.

Basically, you could take 2 normal items, 1 super-item, or 4 weaker items, or 1 normal and 2 weaker.

The problem with the Assassin Bot is that everyone who could have one has at least one vastly superior alternative. The only one I could imagine taking it is the Doppelganger Mad Scientist, who still might be better off with other things.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 23, 2009, 04:03:51 pm »

Maybe we should create "half-slot" items? Or double the number of slots of each alien as well as the value of every item now (i.e. Holoform modulator = 2/4 slots, Intel = 4/4 slots) and add some new 1-slot items.

Basically, you could take 2 normal items, 1 super-item, or 4 weaker items, or 1 normal and 2 weaker.

The problem with the Assassin Bot is that everyone who could have one has at least one vastly superior alternative. The only one I could imagine taking it is the Doppelganger Mad Scientist, who still might be better off with other things.
I disagree. I think that the Assassin Bot is very handy as it is. Yes, the reason no one takes it is that in large games, you are very unlikely to actually get to use it, but in smaller games, it is very ideal.

It is powerful as it is. We just need smaller games.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 23, 2009, 04:05:42 pm »

As if Paranormal Mafia is EVER going to start with a small number of people. It's just way to popular.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 23, 2009, 05:27:40 pm »

I disagree. I think that the Assassin Bot is very handy as it is. Yes, the reason no one takes it is that in large games, you are very unlikely to actually get to use it, but in smaller games, it is very ideal.

How about, the amount of times the assassin bot is allowed to be used is (number of players at the start of the game/7)=uses *rounding down*?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 23, 2009, 06:01:23 pm »

As if Paranormal Mafia is EVER going to start with a small number of people. It's just way to popular.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 23, 2009, 10:03:01 pm »

How about, the amount of times the assassin bot is allowed to be used is (number of players at the start of the game/7)=uses *rounding down*?
That's still grossly overpowered. 3 day kills? I think not. Just leave it at one.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 117