Change it to a Jester with the loss of the Next Day phase
- 4 (16%)
Remove it entirely
- 9 (36%)
Other (explain)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 117

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion  (Read 135101 times)

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
Re: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion
« Reply #495 on: August 03, 2009, 06:31:27 am »

wrong... it's not that hard to confirm someone.  You just have to have a claimed PR that has been attacked by dopps (This is where flavour kills the game IMO) and you'll know he is not a dopp.  An alien could not keep faking to have succesful results...

I'd like the appearance of a Power Role that may "Listen" (Will get all the Pms sent and received by a certain player.  Problem is, that it would be a burden for the mod.

double lynches give more power to town than not.  It removes the decision.  Not fun.  Not fair.

Meph: Wow... I've got an Idea!  everyone will be masons with 2 more people and wont be allowed to pm anybody else...

How about that? 2/3/4 man mason groups at random... Maybe with Quicktopics...

eh?

IMO, the lucky number is 3
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 03, 2009, 06:45:06 am »

If someone claims a power role and is attacked by the dopps (and protected), they could in fact be a cultist aiming to become a "confirmed" towny.  So then this scum would be able to see everyone's roles in the MC that usually follows a confirmed towny (am I right in thinking that the reason the ghost was unbalanced was because everyone could send their powerrole information through him, and so therefore anonymously post the results of their investigations?).

Not sure about the masons idea, it's an interesting premise, but it would certainly change the game a lot.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 03, 2009, 07:17:09 am »

If someone claims a power role and is attacked by the dopps (and protected), they could in fact be a cultist aiming to become a "confirmed" towny.  So then this scum would be able to see everyone's roles in the MC that usually follows a confirmed towny (am I right in thinking that the reason the ghost was unbalanced was because everyone could send their powerrole information through him, and so therefore anonymously post the results of their investigations?).

Not sure about the masons idea, it's an interesting premise, but it would certainly change the game a lot.

Ghost broke the game because there was a confirmed UNKILLABLE townie.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 03, 2009, 07:20:37 am »

Did people send role info and MC through the ghost?  Ah, that would be the unbalanced element.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 03, 2009, 10:15:52 am »

wrong... it's not that hard to confirm someone.  You just have to have a claimed PR that has been attacked by dopps (This is where flavour kills the game IMO) and you'll know he is not a dopp.  An alien could not keep faking to have succesful results...

I'd like the appearance of a Power Role that may "Listen" (Will get all the Pms sent and received by a certain player.  Problem is, that it would be a burden for the mod.

There still isn't a way to actually confirm a townsperson for everyone. The flavor text only goes to the people involved, so the best you can get is the attacked player and a protector claiming that he saved them. No on else in the town can be sure that the two are telling the truth unless they have a PR that lets them check for themsleves. That might be enough to convince most people, but it's still no guarantee.

For example: Dopps don't kill anyone, they have two dopps claim to have been 'attacked' and 'protected'. Especially powerful if the 'attacked' dopp is a Leader and he's actually protected that night by the protector'.

As for the PMs, that's what the new Watcher role is for. I'm not going to send someone every PM that comes by (There are TONS some games), but I can manage saying who's been talking.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 03, 2009, 12:12:09 pm »

what do you think about my mason idea?   It would avoid a game breaking "send a pm" to a cleared townie...

Scum cant risk most gambyts meph... remember that...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 03, 2009, 12:17:55 pm »

Hehe, maybe they shouldn't risk most gambits, but that doesn't mean they don't try them anyway. Nor does it mean the town can assume that the scum won't try the gambit.

Really, until I see a situation where the PMs cause a huge problem by themselves I'm ok with them being in the game. Yes, they caused a problem with the ghost, but that was more an issue with the ghost then PMs in general.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 03, 2009, 12:25:36 pm »

If I hadn't been scum every game... :-\ But the ghost one where I found scum and it didn't matter...

Hopefully, I'll have a shot next game... and a bit of luck too.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 12:31:09 pm by Alexhans »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 03, 2009, 02:03:50 pm »

I honestly thought you were being facetious with that mason idea Alex, I'm not exactly sure what problem that would fix.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 03, 2009, 02:10:39 pm »

If there's a clear townie... then only a couple of people may pm him with their roles...

It would prevent mass claiming by PM.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 03, 2009, 02:19:30 pm »

But how would this clear townie come to be?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 03, 2009, 02:36:55 pm »

Well, since we have a lot of votes about the double-lynch and conditional voting, I think I'm pretty well settled on that issue. I'll remove both for now. Limited conditional voting may go in later, if we decide on a set of acceptable conditions.

New poll: Cult of the Great Old Ones? Keep them as is, allow either the Cult or the Dopps in a game but not both, or get rid of them?

Keep in mind, my current system allows for either Dopps only, Cult only, or Dopps & Cult in large games. Smaller games can only have 1 scum faction, and there is a higher chance of Dopps then Cult.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 02:39:53 pm by Mephansteras »
Come play Mafia with us!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion - New Poll
« Reply #507 on: August 03, 2009, 04:44:54 pm »

The Cult act the same as dopps only they can't be identified by the Agent, and don't have the Advanced or Controlled Doppelgangers, right?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 03, 2009, 04:45:52 pm »

Actually, they can be idenitifed by the Agent.

I like having two Scum groups, so I vote to keep the Cult as is.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 03, 2009, 04:49:40 pm »

Oh, yeah, so they can.

I wonder what makes a cultist non human... hm...
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 117